• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Secret Keyblade Wielders

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member
Re: The Secret Keyblade Wielders.

This chapter starts out in Fang's point of view.

Chapter 15
Ten minutes before Raine and Tobias are supposed to get here a car pulls up in the driveway. It's the same vehicle Raine's mother was driving last time. "Are you sure that you're going to tell them?" Mom asks from behind me. I sigh. "Unfortunetly, yes. We may have to in order to keep them away. They can't get involved with this anymore than they already are."

"That's not what you said your reasoning was earlier." She says watching me suspiciously. "The chances that we won't survive are high." I mutter opening the door as I say it so she can't freak out. "Raine, Tobias." I nod glancing behind me. "Uh, maybe we should go outside." I mutter to quiet for mom to hear. Raine's mother walks up behind them. "May I speak to your mother, please?" I nod stepping to the side. That works.

Walking out the back door I close it quietly behind me. Gesturing for them to follow I walk through the woods a few yards. Whenever Ember jumps out of the tree I grin at Raine and Tobias's reaction. They jump back their faces showing their surprise. "Hey Tobias, Raine." Ember says also grinning.

"Thanks for jumping out of no where." Raine mutters though Tobias is trying to conceal a smile. "So why exactly are we out in the woods?" Tobias asks. Of course things would turn straight to the point. "Well," I try to think of a way to avoid answering straight out but I don't get a choice. "We're going to tell you two about the past. Particularly what we were talking about last time that I told you it was up to him." She says glancing at Raine.

"Why now though? And why out here?" Raine asks forgetting his embarrassment. "Well, we talked to someone earlier today and found out some information and we're out here so no one will hear." I answer. "Who?" "Someone named Rudi. Look. The exact reason is that you two can't continue along the path you are now. We're going to train you as long as we can but that may not be very long." Ember explains looking at the ground.

Tobias looks up. "What do you mean that might not be for long." "A Keyblade War may be coming up. Many will die if this occurs. Which is why if this happens you two have to get away from this world." I explain calmly keeping any feeling out of my voice. "You believe there are other worlds? I don't so if this happens I will be fighting with you two."

"You may not want to fight with the two of us. Chances are, that we will be fighting agaisnt each other. Or on the wrong side." "Ugh. What? Why? What do you mean the wrong side?" "The darkness is overwhelming. Few can actually overcome it. Those are Keyblade Masters. We aren't anywhere close to that ranking." I say calmly. "Regardless we have to tell you the past. It will change your mind." Ember says emotionlessly.

Tobias has a pure look of defiance in his eyes. Raine also has the same look but also a look of annoyance. Hopefully I'm wrong but it's possible that being around us has already made the darkness in their hearts grow more. We may have to disappear for a while. At least I will. I watch their expressions carefully when Tobias says, "Your stories won't make us change our mind. We are going to fight with you no matter what."

Thanks for reading. I'll post another chapter tomorrow.​

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.

Nice looks like the darkness is growing too powerful and soon they won't be able to overcome it....

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards

Nice chapter Aqua. The story seems to be heating up.

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member

This is from Ember's point of view.

Chapter 16
I don't look up from the ground. Raine and Tobias stand waiting. "Before, I told you about my parent's death. Well, that isn't the truth." I explain carefully. "Why did you lie to us then?" Raine asks. "It was best at the time. I fyou knew that happend then, you wouldn't be standing here now." I answer keeping all emotion out of my voice.

"You mean, we would be dead." Tobias clarifys. "Yes." I nod. Fang takes a deep breath and starts to speak emptily. "When I was nine, the group you two have seen a couple times, they got me to help them. They knew I had darkness in my heart and that I wield the Keyblade. Age didn't matter to them. They would've taken a five year old and told them to kill Ember's parents. Which is exactly what they wanted me to do."

Glancing over to where Fang is staring at the ground I notice mentally he isn't here but in the past memory. He continues his voice portraying a black hole. Empty of all meaning not leaving anything out. I glance over at Raine and Tobias seeing Raine slightly pale and Tobias tensed waiting for an attack.

"They said they needed Ember's parents out of the way for their plan to work. When I asked what their plan was, He, Vlador, said that they wanted a world where wielders were worshipped. A world where we wouldn't have to hide our powers. I agreed regardless that we had been friends. But I was nine years old. I wasn't able to do it. I got to the door and collapsed. All I could feel was a pain in my head."

He takes another breath and continues. "I also felt a need to stop Kristen but I couldn't move. When I heard a scream I though it was Ember's mom but I didn't realize then that it was Kristen. I passed out from anxiety and fear." He stops still lost in the memory so I continue the story.

Forcing my voice to sound strong instead of the anger and sorrow that I feel enveloping all of my thoughts. "Whenever I got through the house and to my parents room I was too late. They weren't alive. A darkness I had never felt before overcame me and I was in a kind of rage. I attacked Kristen meaning to kill. I was nine and she was nineteen. She threw me off and left forgettng Fang on the front porch."

I take a breath lost in the memory. "I didn't move for several minutes. But I didn't feel sorrow. I felt hate for Kristen. My rage was over so when my neighbor came over I could barely stand up. She was carrying Fang so I thought that she was one of them. I tried to summon my Keyblade but it was too much. Her exact words were, 'If you want somewhere safe to go follow me. Then we have planning to do.' I had no where else to go obviously so I followed. Later that morning the police sirens started. By then Fang and me were already heading toward them."

Fang continues when I take a breath. "Viena. The neighbor. She said that we had to find out what they were up to. I had decided not to go back but we had to. After a while, we found out all we needed. One night Ember had to find a Keyblade Master and still be back by the next morning. She didn't show up though. So they started looking."

"That was my first major mistake." I start speaking mechanically. "I didn't cover my tracks. The first Master I found told them where I was. I didn't realize that he was a lookout for them. Fang got separated from them on the chase. The second Master I found was the only other one I could get to before they caught up. They attacked the Master because she protected me. She told me to go alert Master Tala. Once I found her, the conflict was over. They got defeated, or so they thought. They don't know yet about them coming back. We went back to everyday life without anything else to do. They never found out Fang had anything to do with it until a year ago." I stop and Fang continues.

"They found out by checking everywhere on this world. For six months they sent members to try and kill me but they never succeeded. Finally, after I defeated one of them, they stopped. Now they are trying to create a Keyblade war. A lot of wielders and others will die if they do this. Telling a few masters won't cut it this time. They made sure of that. Which is why, if we can't stop this, you two have to leave this world. Go to any other and you'll be safe." Fang finishes.

Tobias looks up shaking his head. "No. I will fight with you two." Raine shakes his head also. "Why won't telling another Master cut it?" "Because binding laws had been passed. Laws that should be able to forbid they're doings. But they faltered in he laws. There was a loophole and they found it." I answer quietly. "How are we supposed to stop them then?" Tobias asks. "We aren't doing anything. Fang and I are going to dissappear from your lives after today to ensure that you two won't be risking your lives with something you shouldn't even know about." I answer calmly.

Raine and Tobias snap their attention upward at these words. "Isn't that doing more harm than good?" Raine asks skeptically. Tobias half shouts his response. "No. I will find you two. I swear it." I frown. "No, you won't because you can't. We've ensured this, Tobias. I'm sorry it has come to this but chances are you won't see us again. Destiny is going to happen no matter what. All we can do is fight it." I answer without emotion. Fang watches Tobias's movements. I watch Raine's.

Raine relaxes. "Okay then. Good luck." Tobias looks over at Raine as though he's insane. "What's wrong with you?" Tobias asks turning in his direction. Making direct eye contact with Raine I see why he's doing this. Fang and I back away fading out of their sight. Goodbye Tobias, Raine. Good luck with the rest of your life. I don't look back. Once out of their earshot we stop. "Now how are we going to stop them? Rudi can't help most likely." "I can help you." A high voice says behind us.

Thanks for reading. I'll try and post another chapter tomorrow or tonight.​

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member

This chapter is in Fang's point of view.

Chapter 17
I spin around to see a tall female wearing bright scarlet. Her hair is blondish with lime green eyes. Where the heck did she come from? "Hello children," She says her voice like the highest note on a flute. Already don't like her. "You need help. I'll give it to you." Just her voice is gonna get annoying. "No, we don't need help." I mutter watching to see if she'll attack.

"Well, where are you going then?" She asks. "First we're gonna go several miles away from here. Down south somewhere." Ember says calmly. "Really? Well, that's the direction I'm heading. Do you mind if I accompany you?" "We wouldn't, however we're going to be attacked. We're running because people want us dead." Ember says lying calmly making direct eye contact.

"Hm. You're good at lying." She says. "By the way, I'm Andrea." "If you think I'm lying then you're wrong but either way, you'd only be in danger by coming with us." "Now, come on Ember, do you now remember who I am?" What? I glance and see Ember frowning but not denying it. After a few seconds Ember mutters, "I have never seen you before, Andrea. I believe it would be best if we left."

"What's wrong child? Can't deny pure truth? You know very well who I am. Why don't you explain to your friend here?" She says gesturing at me. "As I said earlier, I don't have a clue who you are. Perhaps you are confusing me with my mother." Ember says with strained politeness. "No, I am not mistaken in your identity, Ember. I know very well your mother was killed and that her name was-" "Yes, I admit it, Andrea. I know who you are." Ember mutters all politeness gone.

"Good, child. So you'll allow me to accompany you?" Why did... I'll have to ask later. "All the same, it does not matter who or what you are, you can not come with us." "Hm, maybe I'll have to pay Raine and Tobias a visit? Find out where you two are headed. Hm?" "Don't get them involved." Ember mutter barely keeping her voice polite.

"Why not? You wouldn't protect them from any harm. That's why you're running, isn't it?" "Get out of here, Andrea. You are nothing more than trouble. Do you think we'd honestly leave them without protection?" Ember mutters. Andrea has a pure look of surprise on her face. "Fine, fine, I'll leave you for now. But you never know which side I'm fighting for. You may well soon have to go up against me single-handedly." "If that day comes I'll welcome it." Ember mutters when Andrea turns back walking away into the shadows of the trees.

Once I'm sure she's out of earshot I turn around. "What was that about?" I ask. "It doesn't matter. Just an old enemy that I thought was gone. She won't come back though. She hardly ever does." "Why did you cut her off when she was about to say your mother's name? Her name is Jade isn't it?Well, before..." "Yeah. It was" Ember says. "So where are we going first?" She asks looking around at the trees. "There's someone I have to explain things to." I reply turning back towards the house. As soon as Raine and Tobias are defenitely gone.

Thanks for reading. I'll post another chapter tomorrow night or Thursday night.​

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member

Yeah, haven't really decided how I'm gonna put her in later on. Oh well. This chapter is in Tobias's point of view in the beggining and it takes place when Tobias notices Fang and Ember are gone.

Chapter 18
"Why?" I mutter to Raine as we walk back to Fang's house with no where else to go. "It's their choice." Raine mutters in response. "We can discuss it later. How are we gonna explain things to Mom and Fang's mom? That they just took off and left?"

I glare over at him and stop where I am. Anger the only feeling in me makes me speak before I think. "Are you going to come with me to find them? If not, then you can just hide in your regular life. They are leaving to protect us. Chances are they are going to die without help. You think they don't know that?" I half growl.

"Tobias. Calm down. However, no, I will not go with you." "Why!?" I barely notice I'm shouting. "Shh." Raine motions glancing over at the house only three yards away. "I know we have to do something. But if we go after them without finding out why the Keyblade War may be started then it doesn't do us much good to get ourselves killed." Raine answers calmly and reasonably. But I still have to focus to stay calm.

"That makes sense. Fine. We can do it your way. One week, though. If it takes any longer than that, then I'm leaving with or without you, Raine." I reply looking up at the house. "Great. Now we've got to explain. They heard you." Raine mutters sarcastically.

"Get in here, Raine, Tobias." Fang's mother yells. I sigh and jog up to the sliding door slipping inside. Looking around subtly I realize Raine's mother isn't here. "Hey, Raine, your mother isn't here. It's safe enough." I whisper when he walks through the door. "Yes, she isn't here, but you aren't out of explaining." Fang's mother says sharply though I see the worry in her eyes.

"W- We can't explain things to you." Raine answers. Scared of her. Huh. I grin briefly then turn my attention back to Fang's mother. "Don't." she holds up a hand. "I already know about this Keyblade buissness. That's not what I'm wanting to know about. Where's Fang and Ember?" "You knew Ember was here?" I ask. "Then why was she out in the woods?" Raine asks. Fang's mother sighs. "Raine, your mother would've freaked if she knew Ember was here. Now where are they?"

"They're uh, on their way." I answer. I suck at lying. I glance at the floor. "Quite a while figuring out deception wasn't worthless. I know you're lying. Where did they go? Honestly." I shove my hands in my pockets. "We don't know exactly." "Then what do you know?" She asks not waiting for me to finish completely. "That they went to keep us safe. A Keyblade War could be starting soon. They have returned."

"Oh no." Fang's mother replies though it's more of a whisper. "Why did they leave then? How is that going to protect you two?" She says loudly at no one in particular. "We don't know. But we are going to do our part to help." Raine says. I shake my head. "In other words, in a week, if brainiac here doesn't come up with something I'm gonna go after them." I try to say it as though there's nothing to worry about but I can hear my voice falter without the anger flaming up in me.

"You can't!" Fang's mother exclaims looking up. "If they left to protect you, it was for a reason." She continues solemnly. "They are going to die without help." I say my voice rough. "You can't be sure of that. They almost died last time. They will survive this time." She says sure of her answer. "It isn't like the last time." I say the despair entering my voice. "Dang it. They can't go to a Master this time. It won't cut it. They have to stop them themselves." I whisper harshly looking out the door.

She doesn't move. "What? No. They wouldn't..." She tries to continue but she breaks off struggling not to cry. Finally she gasps out, "Why?" "Because if someone doesn't stop them, this world is going to be destroyed. At the least, heavily damaged from the War." I say feeling the moisture in my eyes. Glancing over at Raine I see tears also threatening to show. We're weak. They wouldn't be crying they would be doing something about it. I scold myself turning to leave.

Raine sees what I'm doing and slides in front of me blocking my path to the door. "We are going to get them back. Not now though." Raine says clearly as a tear falls silently.

____ Ember's point of view

"So you're going to explain things to your mother?" I ask. Fang nods. "Yes. Last time she was left in the dark. If we get killed in the process of stopping the war then at least she'll be able to know and explain things to Raine and Tobias." I nod. "Okay. I'll stay out here then." I answer leaping up into a tree summoning my Keyblade just in case. Fang shrugs and starts jogging towards his house.

After several minutes there's a ruffling of leaves to my right and I look in that direction. We had chosen a far off spot from where we were. "Help." A hoarse voice croaks out. "What?" I mouth to myself. "That's..." "Help. I'm going to die..." The voice croaks out. Should I... I have to. But it may be a trick... Deciding suddenly I leap down doing a flip in the air keeping my Keyblade ready to block.

"Ember? Help." I slowly move over to where a limp figure in black clad is lying on the ground beaten up pretty badly. "What happend?" I ask still keeping my distance. "Catherine. Ugh." She mutters. I feel my body go into shock but I move forward slowly keeping the anger out of my voice. "Why?" I ask seeing how badly she is.

"I can't explain. Too long. Don't bother. I'm gonna die. I know it. Listen kid. The Keyblade War, don't try and stop it. They won't reason. They will kill you. Vlador will. You know your mother wouldn't have any complaints." I don't respond for several seconds. "I know. But we have to." "You've never killed in your life. You can't." "I may have to. All wielders that don't escape may have to, Kristen." She nods silently and closes her eyes. "You aren't going to die though." I mutter getting up seeing that she only passed out. "You will fade out of existance." I say leaping back into the tree.

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.

Aw snap, things are cookin now. This Vlador guy sounds total like he's the big man on campus

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member

This chapter starts out in Fang's point of view while the last event is happening.

Chapter 19
Opening the sliding door quietly I barely hear the footsteps down the carpeted hallway. "Fang? Where have you been? Why? You are not leaving again. It is not your job." Mom continues ranting for several minutes. Once she is done I sigh heavily and start to explain. "Raine and Tobias explained things to you?" I ask not waiting for an answer. "Well, that's why. No one else is willing to do it so we're gonna have to."

"Tell a master!" She says sharply. "That won't cut it this time. You can't restrain me, and it'll be for the best. People are going to be targeting us anyways. At least if we're out of the way we won't be letting anyone else get hurt. Raine and Tobias know what to do if we fail. I just want to let you know before I go again, that there is still a high chance that we'll make it back alive. There's only a slight chance that we won't."

"So why did you tell Raine and Tobias otherwise?" She asks skeptically an eyebrow raised. "Because if it does happen then they will be less surprised. Don't tell them otherwise or they will turn to the darkness completely." I stop mid word but she catches it. "Completely? Why are they turning to the darkness now?" "The presence of two strong wielders of darkness is changing their hearts."

"I've got to go now." I say briefly moving for the door swiftly. Mom tries to grab my arm and stop me but I'm out the door before she can say or do anything. Running down the mile-long trail I silently say good-bye to her, Raine, and Tobias. We're gonna have to go to them. Maybe act like before. Either way, we'll have to let them know that Raine and Tobias are out of this.

Thanks for reading. It's kinda short but next chapter willl be longer.​

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member

This chapter is in Vlador's point of view.

Chapter 20
I sigh for the third time while listening to Catherine's story. "So she fully did intend on taking control like before. Hm. You can go now Catherine." I say briefly lost in thought. Just before she walks out the door I ask politely, "May I ask just how it is you know that this was what she was planning?" She shrugs not caring about her answer. "I used trickery, Vlador." "Hm. Very well." I mutter gesturing for her to leave.

So Catherine eliminated Kristen. Interesting. I'll have to get a group meeting together then. We need to discuss our next move towards the war. I ponder over this for several minutes then get up from the chair I was sitting on. Walking out of the large white doors I find Xander. "Ah, Xander, just the person I wanted to see. I want you to tell everyone to go to the meeting room in five minutes." Xander nods once acknowledging his task and strides off down the hall.

After a minute I hear the announcements. "Everyone please go to the meeting room at this time." Xander's voice calls out over the intercom. Once I reach the meeting room Catherine, Xander, Braxton, and Thunder are already in the room. At the sight of Thunder I start to think of how we recruited him. Though he never had said his actual name, we called him Thunder for the magic he could control.

After a few minutes five more people come in. Everyone in the room has black or brown hair cut at odd angles. I sigh deeply at nothing in particular glancing over the faces that are crowded into the room, which is, as everything in the mansion, white. Thunder, Braxton, Xander, and Hail more crowded to the right with the males and Tala, Catherine, Stefan, Tina, and Haley more crowded to the left with the females.

"Okay, as some of you may have already heard, Kristen is no longer in existance. She was a traitor and got tooken our by Catherine. However this is not why we are holding this meeting. We need to decide who is going to carry out the next step in our goal. We've only got one more week before things are going to start rolling." I pause watching Thunder's reaction. His position and expression gives no information away as to his thoughts. Only the intent look in his eyes tells me he is listening.

Braxton, Hail, Tala, Stefan, and Thunder stand up immediately. "I'll go." Tala says emptily. Stefan and Hail only nod. Braxton and Thunder say nothing but instead stare blankly at the ground. "Very well. You all know what to do?" "Yes." They all say without any emotion or sign of hesitation. "Proceed then." I reply standing up swiftly. Tala turns to walk out the doors. When all five of them leave Catherine starts to speak. "Are you sure. That's half of the people here." She starts to continue but I stop her. "It will be fine. No one is going to attack. No one has any reason to."

Catherine shakes her head. "What if Kristen told them?" "Three people? They can't take on two of us let along five. They are no worry whether they come or not. They can not go to a master this time. It is only a matter of time before we accomplish our goal. Catherine shrugs lazily and turns to walk out the door. Everyone else also leaves after her. I sigh shaking my head. "This is going to work out easily. But I don't even remember why we're doing this."

Leaving the room after several more minutes I start running straight for the main doors hearing someone yelling. Catherine. "What is it?" I ask reaching the front door in a minute. "Fang and Ember are here." "What?" I ask. "Fang?" Why are they here? "Let them in then. Let's see what they are here for." Catherine opens the front door revealing Fang and Ember, relaxed, and waiting for someone to speak.

Thanks for reading. I'll post another chapter tomorrow night.​

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards

Hmm... I like this chapter. Seems like things are moving along nicely. Great job!

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member

This chapter is in Ember's point of view.

Chapter 21​

Vlador and Catherine stand with the door open. Neither of us move from our relaxed position. After five minutes of staring at the other Catherine speaks coldly. "What are you two doing here?" Speaking darkly I mutter, "We are letting your group know that Raine and Tobias are no longer involved with you or us so you have no reason to cause harm to them."​

Catherine grins showing her teeth. "We can do whatever we want to, child." Vlador nods once then turns to close the door speaking to Catherine. We hear most of what he says. "Now, now, Catherine. Act civil. We aren't going to..." After three minutes we get ready to leave but Vlador opens the door again. "Ah, going so soon? Why not stay a while?" "We'd prefer to leave." I mutter calmly. "Well, I'm afraid we can't allow that. You two plan on causing trouble for us. Xander, Haley, Tina!" Vlador finishes shouting the last three names.​

Perfectly synchronized three, black clad people surround us, blocking all escape routes. "You are trapped so don't try to fight." Vlador says emotionlessly. I glance at the three surrounding us. If it were just them we could get away but not with Vlador to fight also. I glance over and see Fang come up with the same conclusion. One of the females grabs my arm and, presumably, Xander, grabs Fang and they drag us into the building.​

Thanks for reading. It's short but I'm rushing. I'll post another chapter sometime over the weekend.​

Last edited:

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member

This chapter starts out in Raine's point of view a few days after Ember and Fang get stuck in the mansion.

Chapter 22
"Dang it. How are we supposed to help stop something that we don't understand?" I ask the air. I'm lying on my bed staring at the ceiling thinking about the dream I had. I was running through a battle field when I saw a figure with a Keyblade... I shake my head forcing the memory of the dream out of my mind. "That wouldn't happen." I mutter more to convince myself than anything.

"Raine! Come on! How long does it take you to get dressed anymore?" My mom yells. I had gotten dressed to go to Tobias's house at six but since I've been thinking. Closing my eyes for several moments I try to think of an argument to keep Tobias from going. I come up with nothing. Sighing I slide off the edge of the bed and walk down the stairs to the living room.

"What's been taking you so long lately?" Mom asks questioningly. "No reason." I mutter. Lately I've been getting used to lying to her so she shrugs shaking her head towards the ceiling. "Ready, then?" She asks half exasperated. "Yeah, I'm ready." I answer not looking up from my thoughts. "You don't sound excited. That's a first." Kinda hard to when your friend is reckless and going to get himself hurt. I think grimly. I shrug to show I know she spoke. "Yeah, we got in an argument last night." I mutter. "Are you sure you want to go then?"

Too quickly I snap my attention up. "Yes. I've got to." I say tripping over the words when I say them. She holds up her hands as though in a sign of resignition and shakes her head. "You've been acting weird lately, Raine. What's bothering you?" "Nothing's bothering me Mom." I say as lightly as I can. "Okay, but if you want to talk we can. You know that right?" She asks urgently. I nod and head for the door. She follows silently.

I barely notice when she backs up out of the driveway. When we get to Tobias's house I close my eyes for several seconds and get out taking a deep breath. "See ya Mom." I call out trying to keep my voice upbeat though it sounds more like a depressed parent telling their kid about a family death. Maybe because there will be death involved. Part of my mind says. I ignore this and ring the doorbell.

Tobias opens the door immediately. "Hey, have you came up with anything yet?" He says it somewhat earnestly. I shake my head no and he nods. "Well, then I'm leaving tonight. You coming?" "I can't just leave Mom." I answer ruefully. "Forget her. She doesn't understand how important this is. We have to at least make sure they are alive." Tobias says quickly and quietly. "Whether you come or not I'm going. If you come, chances are we'll both survive. If I go on my own, I may die." Tobias continues. I don't speak for several minutes. Finally I nod. "We'll have to leave before Mom comes back." Tobias nods and lets me in the house.

____Fang's point of view

I shake my head at the ground for the fifth time. "I don't know how to stop you. Do you think if I did I would be here with you idiots." I growl forcefully though I can't shout anymore. Catherine ignores this and continues to attack. They'd been attacking for two hours now non-stop trying to force us to answer questions. "Just answer the question, Fang. You can relax then. We can keep this up for a long time." She threatens coldly.

"Like you would stop. You'll kill us first chance you get with or without your answers." This continues for five more minutes and Vlador opens the door to the room. I parry Catherine's attack glancing behind me to see if Vlador has came to double the attack. He doesn't however. Instead he stops Catherine with a single gesture. Hesitantly still Catherine stops attacking and desummons her Keyblade.

"So, Fang, have you decided to answer the questions yet?" "I don't know the answers to the questions you ask, Vlador." I can find an escape easily. Can't do anything locked up in here. "Now, I hope you don't plan on escaping, Fang." Vlador says pleasantly but deadly. I shrug. "It's passed my thoughts every now and then. I'm like a bird. I don't exactly enjoy being caged up as your prisoner, Vlador. So you can drop the pleasantry buisiness. I'm challenging you to a battle. If I win. I can get out of here. If you win, I won't fight back any longer."

Vlador smiles. "Ah, a challenge. What are the conditions to be met, Fang?" "Disarming your opponent, or to the end." I answer keeping my Keyblade ready. "I accept, Fang." Vlador answers summoning his Keyblade. "But, you are going to lose." Vlador says quietly lunging forward. As soon as he moves I realize I can not win this fight.

Thanks for reading. I'll post another chapter later tonight or tomorrow.

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member

This chapter starts out in Tobias's point of view.

Chapter 23
I hope we do get out okay. Where exactly are we going to go first? There has to be another wielder around this area somewhere. Maybe this is a mistake but too late now anyway. I glance over at Raine. I shouldn't have gotten you involved. But if you go back now then... I shake my head forgetting the thought. We have to do this. It's been one hour. They'll be looking around for us now. We were supposed to be back by now.

"We have to hurry." I mutter to Raine. "They'll be looking for us soon. If they find us then we'll in trouble." Raine nods. "We're gonna be in trouble regardless of when we go back." He doesn't add to it but we both think it. If we come back. "Where do you think we should go first?" Raine asks quietly. I shrug. "Hadn't thought that far." I answer. In truth, I'd been thinking all morning. The only place I could come up with was Ember's neighbor, Viena.

I sigh stopping momentarily. "Raine," I mutter, "We're gonna have to try and find Viena." "Viena is dead, Tobias." Raine says absently continuing to walk. Once I catch up I speak again. "No, you didn't see what I saw then. Ember was lying about that. They planned on going long before they told us that story. She is really alive. Ember was tense when she said that. Presumably because she didn't want us to figure that out."

Raine shakes his head. "That could be from several things. It doesn't mean that she was lying." I shrug. "No, I guess not. But if nothing else we need somewhere to start and it isn't going to hurt none if we check." I conclude. "How do we know Ember didn't lie because Viena is dangerous?" "If that were true why would she ever bring her up?" I reply. "Either way I'm gonna go, Raine. You knew this was going to be dangerous and risky when you decided to come. Whether you are willing to take the chance is up to you." I speak clearly and calmly while I change directions.

I wait for five minutes before Raine catches up. "I'll go." Raine says. "Good. We have to pick up our pace if we're going to get there before noon. Ten miles." I mutter doing a few calculations in my head. "Watch your surroundings. I have a feeling someone or something is going to try and stop us along the way." I start to take off in a steady run. Interesting. Normally he's the leader that's so sure of himself. Now he's the hesitant one and I'm the leader. It's a nice change.

After another hour we are at the front door of Viena's house. I take a deep breath. Raine stops me before I ring the doorbell. "What?" I whisper. "What are we going to say?" "First we're gonna see if she's alive." I mutter ringing the doorbell. Once five minutes has passed I ring the doorbell again. Another five minutes passes and I reach for the doorknob. "This is tresspassing." Raine whispers sharply.

I grin. First crime. "We have to find out. I think she'll forgive us considering if something isn't done this world is going to be damaged." I whisper back opening the door widely. Walking in I motion for Raine. "See, no trap floor or anything." I say out loud. "Viena?" I call out through the large house. The living room is plain with a small tv and recliner. The walls are white with nothing else in the room. Moving though into the kitchen I see that the only thing in this room is a fridge, stove, and dining table. Noisly I walk down the hallway where there are two doors. One door is closed and one is wide open. I look in the open room to see an empty white room. Knocking on the closed door I hear nothing.

"Viena?" I call out again knocking on the door louder. "Hm. I'll check in the garage then." I mutter to Raine. "Stay here in case she is in the room and comes out." I mutter moving to the other end of the house. In the garage I see a movement in the corner. "Viena?" I ask quieter than before. The figure jumps and I see a flash of light as the figure summons their Keyblade. In a second I'm against the wall with the point of the Keyblade pointed at my throat. "Who are you?" A rough, deep, female voice says. "Are you Viena?" I ask ignoring her question. "How do you know my name?" She asks. Okay, so this is Viena. Wonder if Raine was right. "I'm a friend of Ember's" I say relaxed when I see the flash of recognition at the name.

"Ember? Is she all right? What's your name? Why are you here?" Viena asks. "How do I know you are really one of her friends? How do you know of me?" Viena stops asking questions but she doesn't release her Keyblade. "I'm Tobias. Ember is okay. I think. That's why we are here. We want your help. You're the only other Keyblade wielder that we know of. We weren't sure if you were alive though. That's why we came in without waiting. We rung the doorbell several times but no one came to the door. Ember told us about you." Viena nods. "We? Who else is here? And what do you mean you didn't know if I was alive?" "Another of Ember's friends is here. Raine. It's a long story but briefly, we don't have much time. Ember said you were dead because she didn't want us to know of anyone that could help us track her."

"And you're a friend of hers? Then why doesn't she want you to track her?" "Okay, I'll start from the beggining. We were at a creek, someone showed up with a Keyblade, attacked Ember. She protected us. We asked a lot of questions and got our answers. Found out we can also wield the Keyblade. Fang? Have you heard of him? Well, he helped train us for one day. Next time we all got together again They explained about the group Fang used to be a part of. They are trying to start a Keyblade War. Ember and Fang left the last time we saw them which was four days ago. They don't want us to find them because they are certain that along the way they are going to get attacked. They're afraid we won't survive."

Viena nods several times. "Where is Raine? I have to go immediately." "You? We are coming also." I reply quickly. "No, you aren't. It's too dangerous. You weren't supposed to find out about me for a reason. I'm her aunt. A few questions first though. How far along is the darkness in both of them? Four days is how long it's been? Has someone talked to her about not messing with the group any more?" "I don't know how far the darkness is in Fang. Far, I think. In Ember, enough that is shows in her eyes at times. Yes to your second question and yes to your third question. Realize if you try to leave without us that we will track you down." Viena shakes her head. "You have no idea what you are getting into." I nod. "I don't care." I answer. "Fine. Fang and Ember are going to be mad at me but that can wait. Get your friend and lets go." Viena finishes.

"Where are we going?" I ask quietly once I tell Raine briefly everything. "To their mansion. Have you been there?" "Yes. Why?" "I had a dream. They are there as Vlador's prisoners." Viena says briefly. I stare at her. "Prisoners? That can't be possible. They're strong enough, they could escape." I start to continue but Viena shakes her head sadly. "We're going to be lucky if they are even there."

Thanks for reading.​

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards

Chapter 17 was pretty interesting. I like how you're changing point of views. I'll try to catch up to 23 sometime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back