• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Series on Xbox

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scsigs

I've posted to various places that I have no problem with the series being on Xbox. In fact, I'm surprised that the main titles of the series haven't already been on other platforms, like GameCube when 1 & 2 came out. Whether this is because of a supposed "exclusivity" contract with Sony at the time, I don't know. That's not me saying it wasn't there, I just have no legitimate evidence that such a contract ever existed.
Anyways, most of the responses I've seen to anyone who says the same things as me seems to be that the series shouldn't be on Xbox for any number of reasons. Most of these people seem to be Sony fanboys, or KH fanboys who can't deal with the fact that it's coming to Xbox. Most of the criticisms I've seen come from either feelings, a sense of entitlement, sales of Square Enix games on Xbox One compared to the PS4, and that Xbox players HATE Japanese games & label it "weeb trash" (I imagine that that last person who said that either doesn't think too highly of Xbox players, or has ran into more than a few of the minority that those people belong to). The only legit criticism I seem to find is that the series hasn't been on Xbox before, so people going int the series with 3 won't get what's going on unless they look up the info, which is a legit concern for those people, but I have a feeling Namura's thinking about porting the previous HD ReMIXes, since they're available to use & he's mentioned doing so earlier this year once production has wrapped on 3. Personally, I think it's just a matter of time given his history with getting the main games on to systems so everyone's played them and can understand the story.
Given that Square doesn't seem to have a problem with Microsoft, since they had Rise of the Tomb Raider as an exclusive for Xbox for a year before PS4 got their version due to Microsoft copublishing the game, I see no reason to say it shouldn't be on both. I can also sort of see where the logic behind the "Xbox players hate Japanese games" mentality comes from, though I don't agree, since the last generation of consoles didn't leave Microsoft a healthy library of exclusives to use outside for Halo & Forza, but given in the last few years they've been looking to expand on their library of exclusives to have more genres, I myself have played Quantum Break & hope for a sequel & some of the games they showed off to be coming out several months ago actually look really good, but it's a far cry from simply NOT putting the games on the system.
And, to be fair, Sony's just as guilty with their exclusivity deals, since they signed a contract with Activision to get Call of Duty DLC on their system earlier than it comes out on Xbox One. Plus, it's not like their company hasn't had its share of bad decisions on their parts. Every company is guilty of some bad decisions here & there. Though, I still like Microsoft a bit better.
So, how does everyone here feel about the series being on Xbox One, or maybe the Switch at some point? I personally see it as a perfectly logical move on Square's part & it doesn't affect the overall quality of the products, since we all know we're getting a good game to play out of it, regardless of the system. I always wanted to try Kingdom Hearts since I was a kid & saw a commercial on TV. I wish the ReMIXes were on my preferred console, but I'm fine with it being on the other for the time being since I own both, but I now there are others who've wanted to try the games, but have never had the appropriate systems. Even though I wanted to try the games all those years ago, I wouldn't have been able to because I was a Nintendo kid growing up. Again, I'm surprised the games didn't come to the GameCube, seeing as most of the spin-offs came to the GBA & DS, showing they have no problem with Nintendo either. It only makes sense, in my opinion, going forward. I don't see much of a reason to debate it, but the discussion fascinates me nonetheless.

Veevee

Awards
Well, I honestly don't care if it comes out on XBOX or not, as long as it comes for Playstation first (or at the same time). I'm just happy they probably won't release on Nintendo systems anymore and I hope this stupid system hopping is finally over. The only possible complaint I might have over this is that they might release interesting Collector's edition content which I can't go for since I have no XBOX and will never ever buy one (but that wouldn't be the fault of the XBOX, rather the fault of Square). For the time being, I'd prefer if Square finally focuses its effort on doing Kingdom Hearts THREE (I cannot stress this enough), not some remix or spin-off or port. They can do what they want after that, I don't care but we really don't need other huge distractions now.

Scsigs

Well, I honestly don't care if it comes out on XBOX or not, as long as it comes for Playstation first (or at the same time). I'm just happy they probably won't release on Nintendo systems anymore and I hope this stupid system hopping is finally over. The only possible complaint I might have over this is that they might release interesting Collector's edition content which I can't go for since I have no XBOX and will never ever buy one (but that wouldn't be the fault of the XBOX, rather the fault of Square). For the time being, I'd prefer if Square finally focuses its effort on doing Kingdom Hearts THREE (I cannot stress this enough), not some remix or spin-off or port. They can do what they want after that, I don't care but we really don't need other huge distractions now.
I get what you're saying. However, I don't think you'll have much to worry about with 3. Namura has said that they don't want anymore distractions to delay 3's finishing & release. As for a collector's edition, I see what you're saying, but I could see Square doing it for both consoles at once, similar to the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm trilogy & collection sets from back in August, which had all 3-4 games they released for both current major consoles. It might make some fans on the PS4 feel ripped off, but that's what would come. Though, I don't see them doing so until 3 is done, as Namura said himself that that's how they wanna do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back