• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► The Super Mario Bros. Movie April 7th 2023

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Wait no, hold it. I think I got my notes mixed up here *shuffles papers*

Surprised we didn't already had a thread proper for this film, so figured I start one. Here's the official press release:

Made by the fucking Minions people with Miyamoto overseeing everything so clearly we can totally expect Shakespearean art from this one. Starring a bunch of overpaid asshats when actual voice actors would've done a 100 times better of a job. Except for Jack Black, he's cool.

Kind of a short press release if you ask me but what ev's.

For realz though, I am excited to see this film, Pratt notwithstanding. It looks like we're finally getting the Mario movie I wanted to see 30 years ago (God damn I'm old).

Last edited:

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Having seen the recent trailer, I’m actually okay with Chris Pratt’s take on Mario. It feels like they trying to make the voice a mix of game!Mario and Mario from old DiC cartoons. The. Mario Bros were plumbers from Brooklyn in early material, after all.

Of course Bowser is a big highlight since Jack Black is doing a great character performance with Bowser, and Charlie Day sounds pretty good as Luigi. The big surprise here was Peach, it looks like she has a much more active role this time around. I wonder if that’ll affect the games in the future 🤔

Also, the Japanese dub of the trailer dropped, and we have Mamoru Miyano(Riku) as Mario!

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Having seen the recent trailer, I’m actually okay with Chris Pratt’s take on Mario. It feels like they trying to mal the voice a mix of game!Mario and Mario from old DiC cartoons. The. Mario Bros were plumbers from Brooklyn in early material, after all.

Of course Bowser is a big highlight since Jack Black is doing a great character performance with Bowser, and Charlie Day sounds pretty good as Luigi. The big surprise here was Peach, it looks like she has a much more active role this time around. I wonder if that’ll affect the games in the future 🤔

Also, the Japanese dub of the trailer dropped, and we have Mamoru Miyano(Riku) as Mario!
With Yozora as Luigi.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I’m excited for it. I can already tell it will have lots of funny quirks and cameos. For the voice acting, I think it will be just fine. In fact I dig Ana voicing Peach.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I really love how many elements they are pulling from different Mario games such as Mario Kart. Would love to see Sunshine or Odyssey if this gets a sequel

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Just got back from the theater. Shit was fun, though I suspect a lot of my enjoyment was derived from how many Mario references I got that would go over most others' heads. Like I caught on to Mario & Luigi's grandpa wearing Luigi's outfit from an old Atari commercial:

Which is an example of A. just how deep the cuts get & B. How much much of a nerd I am.

Megavoltage

Awards
I loved it! I thought Chris and Seth might bother me but they didn't. I need a Donkey Kong movie now.

WaltK

Awards
I haven't seen the movie yet, and I really wanna go and enjoy it, but the amount of idiots who are trying to bring the movie into the "war against woke-ness" is really dampening my enthusiasm.

I just wanna sit in the theatre and simp hard for Bowser and Jack Black's vocals. I don’t wanna have to have this toxic shit eating away at the back of my head.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I haven't seen the movie yet, and I really wanna go and enjoy it, but the amount of idiots who are trying to bring the movie into the "war against woke-ness" is really dampening my enthusiasm.

I just wanna sit in the theatre and simp hard for Bowser and Jack Black's vocals. I don’t wanna have to have this toxic shit eating away at the back of my head.
If you can handle Bowser being the world's biggest simp then you'll be fine.

Last edited:

shivaa

Awards
My childhood dream is finally here!! Animation, colors, stories, characters, dubbing, it's flawless!

Last edited:

Smithee

Awards
Between this and their latest Direct, 2023 is easily Nintendo's year.

Back