• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Switch Nature Of Dream Drop Distance might mean more than what we think...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
im not getting worked up, sorry if it seemed like it.

no i know what you mean but i dont think Nomura would forget to tell us something that big about the gameplay.
That's alright.

Well, there is the possibility that he didn't want us to know. He was good at keeping his mouth shut about the Secret Movie in BBS:FM, so it's plausible that he didn't want to reveal this as well. But as interesting as it is, I'm not saying it's going to happen.

Megavoltage

Awards
who do you think (if anyone) would we play as in addition to Riku? Playing as all of the parts of Sora would make sense, but In a way It would make the gameplay unbalanced considering that the only real other part of Riku was Ansem's imposed darkness.
A popular theory is that Vanitas' heart is sleeping inside Riku like Ven's heart is sleeping inside Sora. If that turns out to be true maybe Riku could switch with Vanitas? Or switch places with a revived Replica Riku? I dunno. I can't think of any solid ideas.

I guess Sora switching between multiple characters would make it unbalanced. Maybe it could work if Sora switching between other characters like Xion, Roxas and Ventus only happens in the final battle? The entire rest of the game would just be Sora and Riku.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
As 3D is supposed to lay the groundwork for KH III and make the "precautions" for the rescue of the tormented ones I think we can safely assume that Roxas and Xion...and maybe even Terra (*cough*implied connection with Riku*cough*) and possibly Ventus (or rather, Ventus's injured heart) will play a sort of role.
Maybe not a playable one, but a important role nonetheless.
As for Vanitas...it depends on if he really got destroyed for good or not.

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
I think that the drop bar is like a powerup that yen sid gives Sora and Riku. When its activated thats how they're able to jump from wall to wall or up poles and things like that since they were glowing when they did it in the trailer. and personally I think it would be pretty cool to switch from character to character like that but I'm pretty sure that Vanitas wouldn't be playable. He IS pure evil after all.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
This is probably wrong but what sora teamed up with Ven, Roxas or Xion. I have the same Idea with Riku teamed up with Terra aswell.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
I think that the drop bar is like a powerup that yen sid gives Sora and Riku. When its activated thats how they're able to jump from wall to wall or up poles and things like that since they were glowing when they did it in the trailer. and personally I think it would be pretty cool to switch from character to character like that but I'm pretty sure that Vanitas wouldn't be playable. He IS pure evil after all.

your on to something. i never thought about it but the drop bar could be a sort of "drive form" allowing them to move in super fast speeds and jump off of the walls. i was wondering about how the gameplay would be difficult if it were like this all the time. i didnt think about it before but i now believe that the gameplay is like normal most of the time unless you use to drop bar to "power up''

this countdown might also have something to do with the switch between players.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This is probably wrong but what sora teamed up with Ven, Roxas or Xion. I have the same Idea with Riku teamed up with Terra aswell.

With Roxas and/or Xion it would be actually possible if some parts of KH 3D take place inside Sora's heart, as this is where they reside now.
If Terra really is somehow within Riku now and he's healthy I would think of this as a possibility too.
Yet as for Ven...his heart is in a really, really bad shape and I really dunno if he's able to actually already do that much again...except his heart would have some extraordinary self-healing powers.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
With Roxas and/or Xion it would be actually possible if some parts of KH 3D take place inside Sora's heart, as this is where they reside now.
If Terra really is somehow within Riku now and he's healthy I would think of this as a possibility too.
Yet as for Ven...his heart is in a really, really bad shape and I really dunno if he's able to actually already do that much again...except his heart would have some extraordinary self-healing powers.
Yeah I agree to the part with Ven not being able to do much ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back