• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Switch Nature Of Dream Drop Distance might mean more than what we think...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronove

Well, we all know that in Dream Drop Distance that we'll be spontaneously switching being Sora and Riku, without control over the switch.

I think this means a bit more than what we've been giving it credit for. Certainly, it'll be used to highlight differences between Sora and Riku, but I also think this gameplay device will have a significant impact on Sora.

Consider the following: The trailer of a Sora rainstorm was rather confusing, but Nomura said it is significant to the "theme" of the game. That makes sense, obviously a trailer will give us a preview of what we'll be getting.

But in a way, there ARE tons of Soras.

So I'll state it now: In Dream Drop Distance, in addition to switching to Riku as Sora, you will also switch between Xion, Roxas, and perhaps even Vanitas

Now, to what a degree I can't really say, but the combat system in addition to the trailer hints very largely at Sora's many forms perhaps coming to a breaking point at last.

vnnk

I would love this to happen but i dont think it will. If it will what situations will they be in do you think ?

Ronove

Well, the focus of it will be on Sora, of course. But I can easily see Sora having to fight, say, Roxas with Xion or something. Perhaps it'll be used to solve certain puzzles or situations unique to Roxas and Xion that Sora would have no experience

His heart is basically a motel with no vacancy, so I think with this new combat system the issues that would result from such a thing might be dealt with.

Megavoltage

Awards
Switching with other characters like Xion and Roxas sounds fun. I have an idea on how that might work out...

Let's say Ansem SoD or Xemnas tries to possess Sora like Xehanort did to Terra. Inside Dive to the Heart you take control of Roxas and/or Xion to fight the enemy trying to take control of Sora's heart.

Ronove

Well, I don't mean to imply that Roxas and Xion would be main characters. Think of them as drive forms or something.

ultrashadownoob

Website
www.shadowkid96.deviantart.com
Switching with other characters like Xion and Roxas sounds fun. I have an idea on how that might work out...

Let's say Ansem SoD or Xemnas tries to possess Sora like Xehanort did to Terra. Inside Dive to the Heart you take control of Roxas and/or Xion to fight the enemy trying to take control of Sora's heart.
That would possibly be one of the best boss fights ever. Like the epic final bosses in Kh and KH2, multiple stages, but in each one you would control a different entity of Sora's heart in order to protect him. I would like that a lot.
But if we are playing as different entities of Sora for the game, and not just Sora and Riku, who do you think (if anyone) would we play as in addition to Riku? Playing as all of the parts of Sora would make sense, but In a way It would make the gameplay unbalanced considering that the only real other part of Riku was Ansem's imposed darkness.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~

Let's keep this for KH3 xDxD

Mr. N. you there? xD anyway i don't know about playing as Roxas or Xion. We might see them and it has many chances but to play as them i don't know.

Ronove

Eh, well, just my take on what the whole "raining Sora" issue might mean.

Unless we are going to have to literally deal with a Sora thunderstorm, in which case we should probably be worrying alot more.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
That would be kinda cool, and it's definitely a concept I hadn't previously considered.
But, I'm not sure if they're actually going to do that. I could see it with Roxas and Xion I guess because they have the exact same battle style as Sora, but Ventus doesn't.

Ronove

Nomura did say that 3DS would be a rather ambitious game, so I'm sure they'll be some crazy gameplay aspects out there that we might not have even considered.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I thought the ambitiousness of it was the interactive environment. But who knows what he's thinking right now.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
well i would think then that Nomura "lied" to us then. he only said we would play as riku and sora and it seems like he would pull a "and another character you might not expect" thing just to build hype. it doesnt seem plausible to me.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Nomura doesn't really lie, he generally just neglects information.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
Nomura doesn't really lie, he generally just neglects information.

so he neglected to let us know that there are other playable characters? that doesnt seem like something he would do, it seems like if he were to do that he would think of it in the middle of game development and then correct himself later on. i HIGHLY doubt that he "neglected" to tell us about other playable characters.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm not saying that he did neglect to tell us about other characters; I'm just saying he doesn't really lie.

It's nothing to get worked up over.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
I'm not saying that he did neglect to tell us about other characters; I'm just saying he doesn't really lie.

It's nothing to get worked up over.

im not getting worked up, sorry if it seemed like it.

no i know what you mean but i dont think Nomura would forget to tell us something that big about the gameplay.

matt_hdo

Website
matt79.deviantart.com
From how I see this, I can say that Roxas, Xion and even Ventus will make a cameo apereance in the game, just to tell Sora what is in his heart, cause he is the only one that doesnt know about them, well, Roxas is the exception, but I think that he will get the knowledge of Xion and even of Ventus on his heart, on the gameplay, i think the drop as it already been said its going to form a big part, the thing about the swithcing is gonna make it a lot cooler, well thats is what i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back