• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The two headcannons of KH fanbase that have somehow become cannon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
-Xemnas is Terra

-Sora is more agressive in KH2 due to Roxas' influence

Both of these arguemtns especially the second are use to defend poor writting. There is no confirmed evidence that Xemnas was even remotely influenced by Terra. I have seen so many far fetched arguments liike Xemna's being slower as a fighter than Xehanort for example, used to defend this. Xemnas literally has the same fighting style as Mysterious Figure (Young Xehnort) in BBS, and its not super fast so that the player can actually react to it. Nothing to do with Terra being there somehow.Another examle is the Camber of Repose scene, look at his body language and the wrod friend in brackets. Does that seem like Terra to you? Its obvious that its Xehanort, just acting like that, its not the first time he pretends to be someone else. In KH1 he still appeared to Sora as Riku in the end of the world, just to torment him by showing him that his friend is gone.

Roxas' influencing Sora is something that came up recently with KH3 due to Sora being softer and not as militant as he was in 2. People couldnt possibly accept that the writters failed once more so they invented a headcannon, with 0 in game evidence to justify it. Also consider, Sora was just as a agressive in Recom where he was fighting for Namine and Roxas was starting up at that point as a member of the organization. But even then people will still fnd a way around "It was Namine messing with his head" instead of admitting that Sora can go to such lenghts as a character and in KH3 they messed him up. Sora had some serious guts in KH1 too before Roxas was born, when he was willing to find Kairi alone after D&G left him. And Holy lol, people will counter this by saying that KH1 sora was an one time protagonist thats why he was do determined and that in 3 he is more well developed. So by this logic Luffy who is determined and fearless for 20+ years is an one time protagonist???

Kingdom Hearts games have good gamepay and story, they arent perfect, no game is, but the fanbase just wont accept that sometimes the writting is bad. Its just too much to keep track of, its natural that mistakes will be made but some people just cant handle that.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I agree with you on the Sora/Roxas thing. Personally I didn't find KH2 Sora all that more aggressive then normal, especially when compared to his Re:Com altered personality. If anything he wasn't influenced by Roxas at all given his stance on Nobodies not having hearts, not feeling, and not existing. The only times Sora feels Roxas is through nostalgia in Twilight Town or something that directly links to him.

The Xemnas/Terra one is tricky. Xemnas is originally suppose to represent Apprentice Xehanort in vanilla KH2. He says he doesn't feel anything at all. KH2FM adds the "friend" armor scene which hints of Terra. But after this Xemnas is divorced from anything Terra related going into DDD and KH3, at least as far as I remember. I personally don't see Xemnas as Terra but I don't see him as Master Xehanort either. I view him as his own unique character that came. One of the last remnant of the original Organization XIII despite all the changes that happened with it.

There are many more headcannons that show up besides these two.

Awards
as is originally suppose to represent Apprentice Xehanort in vanilla KH2. He says he doesn't feel anything at all. KH2FM adds the "friend" armor scene which hints of Terra.
but in that scene his body language and "tone" allude more to xehanort just pretending to be terra not that he is

. I personally don't see Xemnas as Terra but I don't see him as Master Xehanort either. I view him as his own unique character that came. One of the last remnant of the original Organization XIII despite all the changes that happened with it.

he is unique, he is basically a new born entity like roxas the difference being that he retained his memories as apprentice xehanort and these memories played a determining role in shaping his personality and ambitions. in a sense, he only thinks he is AX but isnt since Ansem SOD is the continuation of AX's consciousness and existence. Xemnas just has memories which give him a sense of self then he develops into his own being, still mostly infuenced by xehanort. I also think he was using Aqua's armor to communicate with Aqua and find where Ventus is so that he could use him either as a vessel or to reforge the X-blade.

Personally I didn't find KH2 Sora all that more aggressive then normal, especially when compared to his Re:Com altered personality. If anything he wasn't influenced by Roxas at all given his stance on Nobodies not having hearts, not feeling, and not existing. The only times Sora feels Roxas is through nostalgia in Twilight Town or something that directly links to him.

exactly, exactly. Sora was more influenced by Yen Sid's lecturing on nobodies than anything and he took his job seriously. Also considering hos Org 13 was acting they rly didnt give him much room to reconsider his stance on nobodis, as soon as he met em, they went into murder mode. combined with a negative predjudice from what he was told its natural that he became militant on destroying the organization.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
but in that scene his body language and "tone" allude more to xehanort just pretending to be terra not that he is
I don't see a reason for him to roleplay with no one around to witness it, or take advantage of. Xehanort only seems to do that when trying to get information or weaken his opponents resolve before or during a fight. This has been shown in 0.2 and KH3 where he'll briefly act or tease Terra to his friends only to snatch it away or be exposed by Aqua or Terra himself. Because of the internal struggle between Terra and Xehanort it's hard to tell who's in control at times.
he is unique, he is basically a new born entity like roxas the difference being that he retained his memories as apprentice xehanort and these memories played a determining role in shaping his personality and ambitions. in a sense, he only thinks he is AX but isnt since Ansem SOD is the continuation of AX's consciousness and existence. Xemnas just has memories which give him a sense of self then he develops into his own being, still mostly infuenced by xehanort. I also think he was using Aqua's armor to communicate with Aqua and find where Ventus is so that he could use him either as a vessel or to reforge the X-blade.
They're both a continuation in a sense. Ansem SOD represented the side of AX that was obsessed with darkness and the heart of all worlds. Xemnas represented more of his human life the scientist, and reclaiming that life (or so we thought). Both are a side of Xehanort that have many things in common while also having their own things somewhat unique with them.

Awards
I don't see a reason for him to roleplay with no one around to witness it, or take advantage of

maybe he was communicating with Aqua?

This has been shown in 0.2 and KH3 where he'll briefly act or tease Terra to his friends only to snatch it away or be exposed by Aqua or Terra himself. B

he also did it in KH1 when possessing riku in the EoFTW, in order to show to Sora how lost his friend was

They're both a continuation in a sense. Ansem SOD represented the side of AX that was obsessed with darkness and the heart of all worlds. Xemnas represented more of his human life the scientist, and reclaiming that life (or so we thought). Both are a side of Xehanort that have many things in common while also having their own things somewhat unique with them.

I mean, if you read Ansems reports in KH1, its evident that Ansem SOD and AX are the same person while Xemnas is just the body left behind using its memories to establish an identity. Even in KH3, Ansem SOD identifies as AX when talkng with Ansme the Wise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back