• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Unoffical Assault of the Dreadnaught Mission Level 3 Help Thread!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.

=D
Sorry, but I have to clear this up, dears.
This guide was created by nunuu, who has an amazing array of videos and helpful people for you to see at her website, http://gummi.kou-net.org/. Join the forum, if you want, 'cause that's where all the helpful people are, including me. ;D
Anyway...
Here it is:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASSAULT OF THE DREADNAUGHT MISSION 3 - Using a No-Hole Ship

Video of her defeating Final Hunter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GphW4J6NbMw&search=kingdom hearts kh2 gummi ship

....... Yeah, I realize it's DREADNOUGHT but I'm used to spelling it with an A. :p

Just so you know -- in ALL Assault of the Dreadnaught missions, the large battleships ARE enemies that you can destroy. In fact, they hold treasures. >_>;;;; Best way to destroy them? Fly INTO them with guns blazing.

Anyway, the hardest part in this would be the final Gummi Ship boss, Final Hunter (or Hunter-X (WTF?) in the English version). It appears regardless of whether the core of the flagship is destroyed of not.

Final Hunter has a rather large assortment of lasers and guns and will definitely NOT hold back in using them. In fact, once you get its HP down to a certain point, IT WILL THROW EVERYTHING AT YOU AT ONCE. I am NOT kidding.

Oh yeah, whether you can see them or not, Final Hunter has TINY SHIPS accompanying it. This only adds to the problem. :p However, for simplicity's sake, I'm just going to refer to everything as a single unit.

To prepare for this mission, your ship should have considerably more than 250 HP so if you don't have this, you may need to modify the ship a bit to stick on a crap load of Gummi blocks. You'll read why later.

Next, equip all Auto-Regens (there's 3 of them) and your 1 Auto-Life. If you don't have these abilities, I STRONGLY suggest you go and get them. You can also throw in the Auto-Counter if you want. Of course, you have to rearrange abilities in a way that you have enough AP for everything but the ones I listed are the main ones.

You might want the Draws too but they're optional especially if you're doing the mission for the sake of defeating the boss and not collecting treasures. ^^; But if you get hit a lot, you'll want to get all the HP Prizes defeated enemies leave behind so you'll need the extra suction power. ^^

~~ Where to get the crucial abilities! ~~

Auto-Life -- Phantom Storm Mission 1, Rank E clear bonus
Auto-Regen -- Floating Island Mission 2 treasure, Ancient Highway Mission 1 Rank E clear bonus, Assault of the Dreadnaught Mission 2 Rank D clear bonus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For weapons, stick on some lasers like Comet or Meteor and pack on a crap load of cannons. I don't really suggest using the lock-on types (Thunder series, etc.) since you'll sacrifice time with the charging. No sense in using Slash gummies since you won't get much chance to use them in this fight much since the chances of recharging the gauge is next to none. :p

Also, you might want to set your control to auto-fire if you haven't already. :3

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

** ALTERNATE WEAPON SET-UPS: **

1) Using Gravity & Thunder Series Gummis
Yes, those slow-shooting purple gummis are actually good against Final Hunter (and other large, slow moving enemies). Since I'm writing this at work, I don't fully recall where on the ship I put the guns. However, I believe I had 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom or 2 at the top and 1 in the bottom-center.

Pair them up with Thunder series gummis and you've struck gold. (You NEED Radars and Antennas for the Thunder gummis though.)

These things were AMAZING against the boss. I think it took it out before it even had a chance to do the Cross Laser (see below) attack. ^^;; Out of all the weapon set-ups I've tried, this combination proved to be the fastest way to take out the boss. Of course, I had a lot of cockpits (for Power) on my ship too ...

A bit of a warning though: You may not get many kills or a very high score doing things this way. :/ But hey, if you're only out to get the boss, who cares about kills and scores? XD

2) Using the Drain Gummi

This strategy was used by LiveJournal user, kaough_daimaoh. If you've never used the silly horn-looking green and orange gummy before, it's a vaccum gun that ONLY inhales "Normal Shot" attacks from enemies. Normal Shots are those small, roundish pink balls from enemies like Knight Heads, Gatling Guns, Mega Tanks, Tanks, Small Cannons from the Pirate Ship, and of course, some Hunter types like Final Hunter. XD

The longer and more Normal Shots it takes in (you don't have to do anything to get it to suck stuff in; it's in permanent suction mode), the stronger the attack power will be when you release it on an enemy. Note that you can be anywhere on the screen and the vacuuming will still occur! :D Also note that there's no indicator of how much power the gummi has Drain stored so just experiment a bit. With Final Hunter, you shouldn't have to sit around too long before releasing a shot though.

Now, because the Drain Gummi sucks in a certain attack type, you'll *only* be protected from that type! Lasers, missiles, and the like are not things the gummi eats so keep that in mind when facing the Final Hunter.

Anyway, use the list of "attack sets" by from boss below to get an idea of when it uses Normal Shot attacks and when you should hit your X button to fire the devastating shot from your green and orange horn. If you time your attacks properly, you should only need to "shoot" it less than 10 times.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if you're using a regular ship in that there's no gaping hole in the middle, you'll need to do a lot of rolling and general moving around to minimize your chances of hitting hit. My favourite thing to do is to roll around clockwise all around the boss.

Now for its attacks! They usually come in sets and this is actually the
pattern of its attacks as well. :p

Set 1:
Laser Shot - it just shoots wildly all over the place making it difficult for you to navigate around

Homing Laser - concentrated lasers target the ship. Fairly easy to avoid by simply moving around.

Set 2::

Normal Shot & Laser Shot -- these come from the infernal tiny ships. It's basically a barrage of fire.

Set 3::

Laser Shot, Spread Bomb, and Normal Shot -- This is one of the more annoying sets to fend against since you got lasers come at you in all directions PLUS the bombs going off. The bombs hurt a lot more than the lasers themselves so watch it.

Set 4::

Homing Laser, Spread Bomb, Laser Shot -- Even MORE annoying than the last. :p

Set 5::

Every bloody attack under the sun -- This only happens briefly before it starts into ....

Set 6::

Cross Laser -- The most deadly of the Final Hunter's attacks since one hit can probably significantly damage your ship or, if you're unlucky, totally destroy your ship. According to the Ultimania, this EVIL laser does about 250 HP of damage.

The boss does this attack 4 consecutive times and it starts as an X (diagonal beams), then a + (horizontal and vertical beams), then an X, and a + so move accordingly to avoid the shots. Best thing to do is just roll to the left or the right when it's doing the + beams and roll to the middle when it's executing the X ones.

Once you damage the boss enough if will PERMANENTLY STAY IN SET 5 in that for minutes on end, it will be shooting lasers and bombs relentlessly. I ... have nothing much to say about surviving this other than suggesting that you have a lot of HP for your ship and those abilities I mentioned before.

ASSAULT OF THE DREADNAUGHT MISSION 3 - Using a Doughnut Ship

Video by Nunuu, with her doughnut ship: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIix9oLvBZw&search=kingdom hearts kh2 gummi ship

It's the same as above except for a few things! If you've faced the boss a few times, you will notice that a lot of its lasers are actually rather aimless and sporadic and that the Homing Laser is the only thing that targets the *center* of your ship.

EXPLOIT THAT KNOWLEDGE.

Build a ship where its center is HOLLOW. Then USE that ship in this battle and STAY in the center as much as you can to ensure that you're always hitting the damn thing. You will notice, with much glee, that a lot of the lasers just go through the hollow center. XD

Of course, this doesn't help against the Cross Laser so you want to move once it starts into it. :p

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, thank nunuu of The Wall Doughnut(her site) for making this guide for the rest of us completely stuck on this mission. :3

EDIT: Wow, a lot of people must be turned off by the Gummi Ship missions. =O
I have absolutely NO commenters at all, even though this boss is much harder than Sephiroth and Xaldin.

Last edited:

LemonTWIST264

umm yeah well u know what? i think in elementary school, we all learned a little thing ooh yeah waht was that called hmm..... oh yeah..
CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM
this site stinks anyways, so im going back to writing stories at the sims 2 website, they actually like a VARIETY of things,,
Yeahh good bye loser,,yeah everyone here except the people who said nice things about my story are FAT LARDS AND HAVE NO SENSE OF POETIC WRITING AND YEAHH THEY ALL ARE VIDEO GAME FREAKS WITH THEIR NOSES PRESSED AGAINST THE TV

peach_3_1024.jpg

uu just got RUMBLEDDDDD! OHH SHNAPP!

Mr.

LemonTWIST264 said:
umm yeah well u know what? i think in elementary school, we all learned a little thing ooh yeah waht was that called hmm..... oh yeah..
CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM
this site stinks anyways, so im going back to writing stories at the sims 2 website, they actually like a VARIETY of things,,
Yeahh good bye loser,,yeah everyone here except the people who said nice things about my story are FAT LARDS AND HAVE NO SENSE OF POETIC WRITING AND YEAHH THEY ALL ARE VIDEO GAME FREAKS WITH THEIR NOSES PRESSED AGAINST THE TV

peach_3_1024.jpg

Umm...
Yeah, sorry, but post that in your fanfiction, please. O__o
This is meant to be a help thread for people having trouble with Mission Level 3, Assault of the Dreadnought.

Dawning Twilight

The Egotistical Bastard
Making Out With DT Cause He's So Damn Sexy!
LemonTWIST264 said:
CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM

peach_3_1024.jpg

er....are you an idiot or something?

Mr.

Dawning Twilight said:
er....are you an idiot or something?

I said her fanfiction was bad(which it was), and she flames me here. .__.
By the way, do you like the guide? I decided KHInsider needed one. =D

Twinblades

shes so gay i swear

come on now writin stories on sims 2.com
WTF lol

wut a loser
y did u join den lil girl

The Penguinator

...Wow (about 2 things)

People attempting to flame you (and failing) and typing almost inunderstandably.

Great guide and video though, but this site doesn't help that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back