• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, what does that mean.
I'm not sure what world you are referring to but I'll explain them both

Misogyny = "dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women."

Shonen = "A style of Japanese animation and comics aimed at a younger male audience."

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Time travel was a nice addition to the lore of the series.
Unpopular opinion: Whoever thought time travel was a good idea, no....no it was not. With all due disrespect I would rather they have played with reincarnation more to explain things vs adding time-travel and multiple versions of the same dude...

Retconning Ansem while formless, was just...a head scratcher...

AegisXIII

Awards
Unpopular opinion: Whoever thought time travel was a good idea, no....no it was not. With all due disrespect I would rather they have played with reincarnation more to explain things vs adding time-travel and multiple versions of the same dude...

Time travel in a dream with reincarnation. All concepts from the same entry at the same time. What could go wrong?

Sonofjafar

Awards

Just wait til they introduce the concept of time paradoxes

vaderskywalker

Awards
Misogyny = "dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women."
That's what's I thought you meant, just had to be sure, anyway it's the 21st century, we should be over this by now, but sometimes it feels like Japan is behind the times.

LinkToAll

Awards
Terra is neither stupid nor gullible, and I will die on that hill.
-Xehanort is an expert manipulator on top of the fact that he had Eraqus’ trust, and if he treats Xehanort as trustworthy, then Terra, Ven, and Aqua are going to believe him.
-Terra trusted Maleficent enough to get directions, but the second she acted suspiciously, he became wary of her.
-Terra never planned on going through with taking Snow White’s heart, he just wanted to find her to ask about Xehanort.
-Terra didn’t even believe Braig when he said he captured Xehanort, and the whole thing had to be staged in order to make him believe it. He only went to check because he’s too responsible to let the little doubt he had linger.
-Even though Terra cooperated with Hades’ plan, he was suspicious of him the whole time.
-Terra helped Jumba because he was interested in Stitch, and Jumba’s lie about the two being wrongfully imprisoned isn’t that hard to believe, especially considering Terra himself was imprisoned for no visibly good reason.
-Captain Hook, being very charismatic and manipulative, threw together a deviously convincing lie in the span of a few seconds. I honestly wouldn’t blame anyone for falling for that, unless they had super good intuition or were familiar with Captain Hook.
-Not to mention, Ven and Aqua would have fallen for all the same tricks if they were in the same boat, they only didn’t because Terra had the villain-focused arc. And you can’t use the argument that he didn’t judge all the obvious bad guys based on their appearances, because a) Ven and Aqua still would have done the same as Terra, and b) it’s only natural to assume that Keyblade wielders are taught not to judge people based on how they look, considering you never know what other worlds are like.
…And the canonical reasoning where people in KH just don’t react to people’s appearances, like how no one seems to care when they see Quasimodo.

KH2 Atlantica isn’t a bad world. I don’t blame anyone for being turned off by its minigame system or finding the songs cringy, but that doesn’t make the whole world bad. And it does have some good moments, like Eric throwing the trident at Ursula, and Sora vaporizing her shell necklace and later Flotsam and Jetsam, on top of the fact the world is totally optional.

Mickey and Yen Sid didn’t abandon Aqua and actually had a point about stopping Sora and Riku from recklessly trying to save her, especially as those two and Mickey were the only Keyblade wielders available, making them especially indispensable. The fact that Mickey didn’t go to help Aqua during Days/KH2 when Riku could use Dark Corridors is either a plot hole/oversight, or the answer is some obvious thing no one thinks of, like “Mickey didn’t have the time/opportunity to get Riku to do that,” or “they couldn’t.” It’s kind of a toss up, considering everything about the RoD is so vague and off-screen.

Novel Vanitas is not accurate to Game Vanitas, and Fandom Vanitas is a misinterpretation of Novel Vanitas.

KHUX was actually a good game that had plenty to enjoy without spending real money or getting into the competitive side. Also, its Disney world portrayals were among the best in the series.

Kairi’s a good character who just doesn’t get all the screen time she deserves, but all the screen time she does get is still good.

On a related note, a lot of people act like KH3 was a bad game for Kairi, but Sora, Kairi, and Xehanort are the only truly important characters in KH3. Take any one of them out, and the ending and main plot changes, whereas everyone else is limited to their own small subplots (or are just… there, like Mickey and Riku), making them ultimately as relevant as Disney worlds in the grand scheme of things.

I'm sure I coud say more, but I think this is plenty. lol

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Ven is actually the worst of the three characters in BBS. Not only is his story such a drastic tonal shift from the rest of the game, but it goes through a crazy tonal shift over its own progression. Ven starts out being the most naive character in the series, even moreso than Sora at points, then shifts into a mega angry/upset character by the end.

On top of that, it's the most retconned of the three, as it turns out the main crisis surrounding the character, being the X-blade, isn't even real. While Terra becomes the vessel for Xehanort, and Aqua being trapped in the Realm of Darkness actually hold up through the rest of the series as consistent with the plot, the reveal of Xehanort's plan being incorrect in BBS hurt Ven the most.

Not to mention he feels by far the weakest of the three gameplay wise. It makes sense story wise, but as a game it's the least satisfying playthrough for me. The best part is his fight with Vanitas at the end.

palizinhas

Awards
Ven is actually the worst of the three characters in BBS. Not only is his story such a drastic tonal shift from the rest of the game, but it goes through a crazy tonal shift over its own progression. Ven starts out being the most naive character in the series, even moreso than Sora at points, then shifts into a mega angry/upset character by the end.

On top of that, it's the most retconned of the three, as it turns out the main crisis surrounding the character, being the X-blade, isn't even real. While Terra becomes the vessel for Xehanort, and Aqua being trapped in the Realm of Darkness actually hold up through the rest of the series as consistent with the plot, the reveal of Xehanort's plan being incorrect in BBS hurt Ven the most.

Not to mention he feels by far the weakest of the three gameplay wise. It makes sense story wise, but as a game it's the least satisfying playthrough for me. The best part is his fight with Vanitas at the end.
Ventus is absurdly inconsistent. I'll never understand him spending half the game openly questioning Terra in his own mind, but the moment Aqua says something along the same lines he gets upset at her for thinking something so absurd about their friend.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Ventus is absurdly inconsistent. I'll never understand him spending half the game openly questioning Terra in his own mind, but the moment Aqua says something along the same lines he gets upset at her for thinking something so absurd about their friend.
Yeah. That too! That did feel very inconsistent to me.

D

Deleted member 246005

Kairi never worked for me as a character.

I wouldn't mind Marvel and Star Wars incorporated in Kingdom Hearts.

I don't like Ven, Marluxia and Larxene being from the past.

I'd be fine with a bigger time skip. I rather retire Sora but a bigger time skip could help him as a character.

I'm open to Verum Rex but skeptical of it being Versus 2.0.

Time Travel would've been better introduced in it's own game like 13-2 than feeling tacked on in DDD.

I rather get a new game with Roxas, Xion or Data-sora over a Days and Coded remake.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 246005

I'm fine with a FF character being the lead in a spinoff, just pair them up with a Disney character. I'm cool with a Leon and Mickey prequel to 1 but I'm also good for a Cid and Merlin buddy comedy or Cloud being Stitch's reluctant travel partner.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
- My UO is that, while Kairi is poorly written, she would not benefit from more screentime. She'd still be as uninteresting, flat, and one-dimensional as ever, just sucking up way more oxygen. It's easy to know that because there are other characters with as little time as her who are more interesting. A writing issue doesn't change because a character is onscreen more, the writing itself has to change.
- Swimming in KH1 Atlantica was fine.
- KH1's MP system was better.
- KH2 is Sora's best design. KH3 is Kairi's best design. KH1 is Riku's best design (well, I don't mind the clothes in 3, but the hair/eyes were better in 1). I'm not sure if those last two are UOs, but I remember the former was when having discussions about it back when KH3 was coming out.
- Arendelle is the best world in KH3.
- Birth by Sleep is KH's nadir. Well, aside from mobile games.
- I was never crazy about Xigbar although he's always been very popular.
- I despise Drive Forms in 2. I also dislike the Command Deck.
- I enjoy flowmotion and KH3's combat system. I also like CoM's combat system. :p
- I love 3D and Dream Eaters.
- I don't mind the Time Travel, I don't think it's noticeably worse than the rest of the story.
- I love Face My Fears and Don't Think Twice. While I don't hate Sanctuary by any means, I never loved it as much as the others (although I liked the scenes that accompany it).
- Following that same train of thought, I've always had the opinion that Sora became stupid in KH2, not 3D. I'm thinking of the pre-Space Paranoids moment of him smashing the computer. He just seemed extraordinarily dumb in most of KH2.

KHRULER

Awards
My kind of thread.

1673059183349.png

1. Nomura is sexist.
2. Phil should have been given a voice actor in KH3 or they should have just not included the character in the game.
3. Though Master Eraqus was a shitty teacher, he was right not to give Terra the Mark of Mastery.
4. Xion is a useless and forgettable character (no puns intended). If she was not brought back, no one would bat an eye. The fact that she was brought back "accidentally" and not by people actively seeking her out is fitting.
5. Roxas was never that interesting or compelling as a character to warrant his hype.
6. Making Roxas and Ventus look the same was a dumb decision.
7. Chain of Memories/ ReCoM was ahead of its time. The game is not difficult (maybe the easiest of all KH games) and is actually relatively easy on Proud Mode.
8. Sora was unlikable in KH3 and that wasn't even his fault.
9. Square should just pretend like Recoded never existed.
10. KH3 voice acting in general was the worst its ever been in the series, horrendous.
11. Foreteller's future saga seems much more interesting than Xehanort's saga could have ever been.
12. Everyone in the BBS trio's time failed them, not just Eraqus: also Mickey, Yen Sid, Donald, and Goofy. There was no reason to let Aqua go alone after the events of the Keyblade Graveyard.
13. Maleficent is going to gag the haters good next saga. I feel it.

the red monster

Awards
KH3 remind is overall the best KH game.
union cross has the best story
kairi deserve full on game more then anyone else currently.
KH1 is super outdated gameplay wise and sometimes feels unplayable. i suffered through the entire game dealing with the camera controls.
i still find sora pretty bland and boring. really wish yozora was the MC for kh4. unless nomura is fooling disney and verum rex is gonna be KH spin-off.

Back