• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Usual Spot

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
The Usual Spot

52qDkde.jpg

Members:
Grizzly
VoidGear.
Pandymint
Bufferino
Divine Past
BlackOsprey
catcake
Muke
hemmoheikkinen
Noir​

The Usual Spot is a different type of club than what is normally found on the forums here. While conversations are certainly more than welcome in this thread, a lot of our activity will come in the form off offsite events. We wanted to find more ways to game and interact with each other that a forum would simply not allow. Some of our events, like writing and art contests, for example, will still take place on the forums and will be a great way to partake in posting on here. Club events are generally going to be exclusive for club members, but to join all you'll have to do is ask. The active members and those who expressed interest in our last club, the Kingdom Hearts Insider Restoration Committee, have been automatically added. If you want out, just say so.

In the future, all offsite events will be scheduled here, in this thread, and in order to participate, you must RSVP for each individual event on this thread. More info on that will come later, as for now we're trying to gauge interest in the club and in the events we'll be offering! So, what exactly are these events, and what will joining the club get you?

Forum Events:

Our forum events will consist of writing contests, art contests, recasts, and bringing back KHiRanks, where we get together and rank a list of our favorite things under a certain category, like our favorite Disney movies or Kingdom Hearts worlds. Many forum events will take place in this thread.

Offsite Events:

This'll be the bulk of our activity, including online games and whatever else we can find! From time to time, we'll gather online to play Cards Against Humanity. It'll be complete with an all-new custom deck, full of inside jokes from around the forums and from past and future club events. Those of us who are able to will all hop into a Skype call and laugh together as we struggle our way through the game, but all are welcome, even without access to Skype.

Additionally, we'll put together a watch2gether room from time to time. If you aren't familiar with the site, it will essentially let us share and watch YouTube videos together as a group.

Another offsite event that we're looking at is Twitch streams. A few of the club members already in place have expressed interest in streaming gameplay on Twitch, so when they want, they'll hop on Twitch and some of us will either get in a Skype call or party chat with them and laugh along as we watch them attempt to play something.

Live Events:

When a major event happens in the gaming industry, such as E3, PlayStation Experience, or one of those random Square Enix presentations, we'll all hop in a Skype call together to watch them. We'll dissect them live, combing through the information together before, during, and after the shows.

We'll be revealing more information, potentially including leaderboards, more events, information on our first live event for E3 this year, and more very soon! We were eager to put this up before we really got started in order to get some feedback and see where everyone wants to take this next. Most of our events won't start until mid-May, but we may do a few spontaneous trials before then.

*Don't worry if you do not have Skype! There will still be plenty available to you! Our events will all be at radically different times, so we'll try to include everyone! We'd love to see you join even if you aren't sure about your availability just yet, as there will still be some events that still take place on the forum.

Upcoming Events:

E3 Party
Saturday, June 10
1:30 CDT-4:00 pm CDT, 8:30 pm-1:00 am CEST
Sunday, June 11
3:30 pm-10:30 pm CDT, 10:30 pm-5:30 am CEST
Monday, June 12
2:30 pm-11 pm CDT, 9:30 pm-6:00 am CEST
Tuesday, June 13
Time TBD​

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Man, this sounds very exciting!

I am not sure if I will be able to attend to this weeks activities since I am going back to my home town for the rest of the week, and the ability to connect to the internet is a bit shaky there.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Okay, apologies for the delay, but I've got school finished, have work a little more in order, and have the full schedule for E3. Our upcoming festivities will include:

Tomorrow (today?), Friday night: Impromptu Cards Against Humanity or Board Game Online, start time to be determined, but aiming for 7:30 US Central time. I can adjust or start something earlier if more people are around.

Wednesday, May 24, 1:00 pm CDT: Cards Against Humanity

E3 Party:

A massive event we've been planning for a long time! We will sync up each E3 conference livestream and watch them all together. At the current moment it is unknown whether we will use watch2gether, some similar site, or just all get in a Skype call and watch it separately. Suggestions are welcome!

Saturday, June 10, 1:30 PM CDT: EA Conference
Sunday, June 11, 3:30 PM CDT: Microsoft Conference
Sunday, June 11, 8:30 PM CDT: Bethesda Conference
Monday, June 12, 2:30 PM CDT: Ubisoft Conference
Monday, June 12, 7:00 PM CDT: Sony Conference
Tuesday, June 13, Time TBD: Cards Against Humanity and E3 Conference Recap

We are currently skipping the PC conference on Monday and the Nintendo Conference on Tuesday, in part due to the time needed to be invested and the lack of the group's interest in those platforms. If you would like to party up for those conferences, let me know and I can add them onto the schedule.

Our Skype call times, which is listed on the schedule, begin 30 minutes before each livestream with he exception of Sony's which will begin an hour before due to increased interest from the club. We may keep the Skype call running in between conferences on days when there are multiple shows, and after each conference we will make sure we give time for a post conference reaction. I will be opening a thread for an E3 prediction competition shortly. If you have any questions, please send them my way!

More events may be added between now and E3.

Don't forget, if you plan on attending any of these events, please RSVP on the thread here so I know to send you an invite. Hope to see you all there!

EDIT: I realize the times are super unfriendly for our European pals, but I can't exactly change the conference times. I'll do my best to incorporate you all as best as I can.

Last edited:

Pandymint

Awards
I am down for some Cards after work tomorrow night. As for E3, I don't know how much I'll be around for, but I'll be there where I can.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Already lit. Makes me excited, we haven't played CaH in a month! xD

Yesss, E3. Can't wait! I'll try to be there as much as I can, though it'll get tricky with Sony Conference being not only at midnight for me, but it's also a Monday. I don't have any exams after the first week of April anymore, so that's also a plus.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Man I`ll be traveling in a bus during the time when the card game is about to start so I not able to join. Also I am working during the summer so I am not able to join to the E3 gathering. :(

Muke

whatever
Awards
Just wanted to say that CaH was a lotta fun today, especially with Skype. I won't make it on Wednesday, because that's at 6 am, lol, but have fun anyways

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Just wanted to say that CaH was a lotta fun today, especially with Skype. I won't make it on Wednesday, because that's at 6 am, lol, but have fun anyways

But...it says 8pm CEST.
I will try wednesday but probably be late cause I'm gonna see a friend before.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Just wanted to say hi, to all the people in the Usual Spot where usual things usually happen. It's usually a good time.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Just wanted to say hi, to all the people in the Usual Spot where usual things usually happen. It's usually a good time.

Usually.

Tonight's Cards Against Humanity has been rescheduled for Friday! It'll be the same time as of now.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Do we have any rivals like Seifer who can call us lamers. I'm calling the legitimacy of this spot of usuality into question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back