• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Vice Presidential Debate

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
Thoughts? Opinions?

I think Biden killed it, to be honest. Paul Ryan spoke in broad, non-specific statements while Biden spoke in cold, hard facts.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I actually kinda feel bad for Ryan. He basically played the Obama role this time. He was trying to be polite, and he did make some decent points, but Biden had to pick up the slack after Obama's meh performance from last week, so he basically had to go all out and remind people that Democrats can have balls too.

The other thing is that when you have no specific information regarding how your plan will unfold, you have to trick people with word-play and motivational jargon, which is what Romney did last week. I don't think Ryan did badly, but he couldn't back up the bullshit well enough. If Obama can make a comeback using Biden's technique as an example, I think it will seriously impact the results of the election.

Awards
My thoughts:

-Biden clearly took this one. He outperformed and overpowered Ryan on nearly every point discussed.

-Paul Ryan did what he's notorious for: he lied. A lot. Check Politifact if you don't believe me.

-Biden had one big lie too, at least from what I could see. He claimed to have voted against the Iraq war. He voted for it in 2002.

-The absolute highlight of the debate was Biden calling Ryan out on requesting stimulus money for his state back in 2009.

-The abortion question was terrible and had no place in that debate, but Ryan gave a seriously frightening answer that showed a flagrant disregard for separation of church and state.

-Biden should never refer to Benjamin Netanyahu as 'Bibi' ever again. It doesn't impart the impression that the Obama administration is on good terms with Israel, it just makes me think that Joe Biden is kinda gay for having a pet name for another dude.

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards
The Roleplay Section. I seldom venture out.
I think Biden did a relatively good job during the debates. Mind you, I couldn't catch the whole thing but it did seem that Biden had Ryan on the ropes. From what I gathered, Biden was far more specific with his statements, providing actual fact whereas Ryan instead used a lot of buzz words and the like.

At least, that's what I saw.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
- Biden Kilt it and easily won IMO...
- Ryan didnt do bad but he seemed to dance around questions to much.
- Also when Ryan attempted to answer questions for the most part just lied.
- Ryan seemed robotic to me... He lacked personality...

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
I actually kinda feel bad for Ryan. He basically played the Obama role this time. He was trying to be polite, and he did make some decent points, but Biden had to pick up the slack after Obama's meh performance from last week, so he basically had to go all out and remind people that Democrats can have balls too.

Any good points Ryan may or may not have made were lost in all the bs, to me.

Also, I know it's in a politician's nature to avoid questions, but it's as if Ryan wasn't even trying to hide it. He flagrantly disregarded most of the questions pressed to him, instead chanting his talking points as if they were Bible verses. Biden, however, came across as direct and sincere in his message.

Also, let's not forget the hilarity from Biden comparing Paul Ryan to Sarah Palin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back