• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The wonders of Kingdom hearts "template".

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

klode_me

Hiya there all of ye good folks,

There's one thing that has been on my mind for a LOOOOOONG time now, and that is, to put it bluntly, how the kingdom hearts series have developed as an action RPG "template", so to say. It's one of the few game series where I've seen so much progress concerning various gameplay mechanisms and... complex but sometimes staggering storyplots :p I like many of the game, although of course not all stories are to my liking, I like how they change and mingle with the mechanics.

Is it just me, or haven't the game changed every time it came out with a new sequel/prequel :) I guess, before i digress too much, what I want to discuss is:

1. What is your oppinion on KH as a possible ARPG "template" for other games of the genre? Or how it could perhaps be integrated into other game genre's(for instance buttom-timing tap in survival horror, reaction commands in sports games :tongue: )

2. Which system do you like the best, meaning combat/mechanicswise?

3. How would you change the mechanics, what aspirations do you have for this gaming genre platform, meaning how would you want to see an ARPG in the future?

This is an open discussion, and I'm bringe this into your attention, because I see these forums as a place for developers and gamers alike, a place where they can share this immersive media and their creative thoughts concerning it. Remember both little and big things does a difference, there's nothing stupid only differing oppinions and base knowledge.

Best regards,
Klode_me :biggrin:

Pratiko

Awards
I like the new elements of gameplay brought by BbS. Commands and, uh, how was it called when you turned into "Firestorm" or "Rockbreaker" with each character? That was awesome, too, seeing the character actually get stronger during the battle adds the adrenalin needed for the game. I also liked the finisher moves and how they got upgraded as you fight.
Sadly, I missed the chance to play the multiplayer mode, but I would have loved to fight alongside other players.

What I don't like are the Summons, D-Links, or whatevers, they feel so useless... they waste time, and they interrupt the flow of battle. Whatever goes against the speed of the battle is a minus for me. Not so much the deck command's cooldowns, though, since they were sometimes too strong or whatever. I also don't like how you got infinite Curagas in BbS just by running around, makes the game so much easier, and the way they make up for being able to heal infinately is making the attacks stronger... which is lame.

I'd like it more if the game depended more on your reactions to enemy attacks, evading or guarding attacks, or countering moves with your owns, rather than just mashing X and bursting commands all the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back