• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The World Ends With You -Final Remix- announced for the Nintendo Switch

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Re: The World Ends With You Final Remix announced for the Nintendo Switch

New TWEWY content, nice! Time to replay the DS game since I don't have Switch. This gives hope for it being in KH3 too, not a fan of how it was handled in DDD but maybe this time it'll be better! I want to believe.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Well yeah, that does make sense, bless Nintendo tbh.

I thought Solo Remix was even longer ago than DDD lol. But yeah I remember them being close now that I think about it, because it really did feel like they were building up to something...just for nothing haha.

I really wonder if Sora will show up in this instead of the TWEWY gang being in KH3? I have always thought that was possible, like an extra episode in a different timeline again.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

I don't know how I feel about this. After such a long time it seems to me the possible sequel is now completely dead and everything we'll ever see of it is now part of the new epilogue.

It's better than nothing I guess, but it's a bit heartbreaking too. Maybe we get a proper sequel if the re-re-release is successful enough but I'm not holding my breath.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Well yeah, that does make sense, bless Nintendo tbh.

I thought Solo Remix was even longer ago than DDD lol. But yeah I remember them being close now that I think about it, because it really did feel like they were building up to something...just for nothing haha.

I really wonder if Sora will show up in this instead of the TWEWY gang being in KH3? I have always thought that was possible, like an extra episode in a different timeline again.

KH3D came before Solo Remix by a few months. Then after Solo Remix they had Live Remix in 2013.

I would kind of love it if Sora was in Final Remix. (Gosh, even typing Final Remix makes me want to say Final Mix or Final ReMIX xD) They could easily have him in as some cross-promotion for KH3 and continue the storyline from 3D. Or have it both ways. Have Final Remix with Sora and Riku as some teens who live in Tokyo and are in the game as partners if it is the main universe, and have the Shibuya crew appear in KH3 to continue the KH universe versions of them.

I don't know how I feel about this. After such a long time it seems to me the possible sequel is now completely dead and everything we'll ever see of it is now part of the new epilogue.

It's better than nothing I guess, but it's a bit heartbreaking too. Maybe we get a proper sequel if the re-re-release is successful enough but I'm not holding my breath.

I don't know if this is killing the potential for a sequel. If anything it sounds to me like sequel bait, but it is entirely dependent on how they develop the story. I think this might be them testing the waters more so than closing the door.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Yeah, I also think this could help a sequel rather than damaging it. If it shows TWEWY fans are still in for it, and newcomers join the hype, I don't see why wasting the opportunity.

I personally don't really want a TWEWY sequel, but whatever floats other people's boats.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

KH3D came before Solo Remix by a few months. Then after Solo Remix they had Live Remix in 2013.

I would kind of love it if Sora was in Final Remix. (Gosh, even typing Final Remix makes me want to say Final Mix or Final ReMIX xD) They could easily have him in as some cross-promotion for KH3 and continue the storyline from 3D. Or have it both ways. Have Final Remix with Sora and Riku as some teens who live in Tokyo and are in the game as partners if it is the main universe, and have the Shibuya crew appear in KH3 to continue the KH universe versions of them.

I don't know if this is killing the potential for a sequel. If anything it sounds to me like sequel bait, but it is entirely dependent on how they develop the story. I think this might be them testing the waters more so than closing the door.

Ah see yeah my timeline is all messed up lol.

I would honestly prefer both ha, them both crossing over in both would be great! I think if they make a true sequel in the world but let most of these character's stories rest that would be best way to do a true sequel. But yea we will see if this is bait or just more explanation.

TBH I was kind of okay with this game being stand alone till Solo Remix lol, then they teased more and it felt wrong ever since.

Hirokey123

Awards

You know what I bet dollars to doughnuts this was supposed to be on the WiiU. Think about it, a two screen system that is literally a console DS? TWEWY would have been a perfect game for it and instead of jumping in with a new game they had to test the waters using a port. With that count down Coco and the mysterious girl were likely meant to be fun little teasers for it.

However then the WiiU did terri-bad in sales and they got access to switch dev kits. So they pulled development from the WiiU to make a switch version instead, but as a result that means they couldn't talk about the game until the switch was announced. Add in now they had to rework the gameplay system to incorporate the switch features including one screen gameplay, which looks to be similar but not quite the same as the cellphone (your partners appear to follow you and do stuff regardless of the psyche you use, whereas the partners were only on screen attacking if you used the right psyche. It probably sent development hella back.

THAT is why after all that build up to TWEWY everything went totally dead until now.

If we remember "New 7 Days" was on the teaser with the girl so I expect the new content will be the equivalent of one week probably the Joshua week since week 1 was mostly tutorials and week 3 was largely just battles. Week 2 was where pretty much the bulk of the story happened.

eiczerofour

I am hoping they do some action figures of the characters. But I just started playing this not long ago, and I am excited to get it for the Switch! :)

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

i wouldn't put past nomura to put sora in the final mix either and vise versa put the shibuya gang in kh3

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards

I need to know why Coco is reviving Minamimoto and what Hype-chan’s name is and what team is developing this and who is directing and WHY DID THEY KEEP US WAITING FOR SIX YEARS?

And what's up with that explosion?!? Right before Hype-chan appears on screen! Maybe the whole Underground Shibuya was a result of that explosion, as it would have caused that part of the city to split into two different planes of existence

For security reasons I have to keep the identity of the jokester/jokesters secret. I’m sure Hype-chan will not have died by getting stabbed in the back by a flamboyant male with an obsession with death and perfection.

Don't forget the roses and/or cherry petals... Oh, how they flutter

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

And what's up with that explosion?!? Right before Hype-chan appears on screen! Maybe the whole Underground Shibuya was a result of that explosion, as it would have caused that part of the city to split into two different planes of existence
I believe the explosion is meant to be Sho's Level i Flare. In which case this new scenario is probably taking place during Week 2.

DarkGrey Heroine

Awards

I believe the explosion is meant to be Sho's Level i Flare. In which case this new scenario is probably taking place during Week 2.

Uuu, spicy assumption, it might as well turn out to be exactly that.

I guess my first thought was about the UG because I interpreted "a new scenario that gets right to the heart of the story" as something that might give explanations regarding further ontological reasons and rules behind TWEWY's Shibuya and the origin of the Game and, as Hype-chan appears right after, that this origin of the Game is connected to Hype-chan :'3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Guys...TWEWY Amiibos...IMAGINE!

Co-op play! Give your other joy-con to a friend and they can play as your partner.

Ah see yeah my timeline is all messed up lol.

I would honestly prefer both ha, them both crossing over in both would be great! I think if they make a true sequel in the world but let most of these character's stories rest that would be best way to do a true sequel. But yea we will see if this is bait or just more explanation.

TBH I was kind of okay with this game being stand alone till Solo Remix lol, then they teased more and it felt wrong ever since.

So was I, but they couldn't tease Hype-chan and the existence of other universes and everything with the Angels and higher beings without making people curious about seeing more.

I think the TWEWY cast deserves its peace if they continue the series, but have them make cameos.

You know what I bet dollars to doughnuts this was supposed to be on the WiiU. Think about it, a two screen system that is literally a console DS? TWEWY would have been a perfect game for it and instead of jumping in with a new game they had to test the waters using a port. With that count down Coco and the mysterious girl were likely meant to be fun little teasers for it.

However then the WiiU did terri-bad in sales and they got access to switch dev kits. So they pulled development from the WiiU to make a switch version instead, but as a result that means they couldn't talk about the game until the switch was announced. Add in now they had to rework the gameplay system to incorporate the switch features including one screen gameplay, which looks to be similar but not quite the same as the cellphone (your partners appear to follow you and do stuff regardless of the psyche you use, whereas the partners were only on screen attacking if you used the right psyche. It probably sent development hella back.

THAT is why after all that build up to TWEWY everything went totally dead until now.

If we remember "New 7 Days" was on the teaser with the girl so I expect the new content will be the equivalent of one week probably the Joshua week since week 1 was mostly tutorials and week 3 was largely just battles. Week 2 was where pretty much the bulk of the story happened.

It would also make sense if they might have had Wii U plans for TWEWY, but they also had the 3DS that was still going strong at the time. If development didn't work out well for the Wii U, they could have moved it there and just downsized the project.

I think we might still be able to control our partners with the D-Pad, too.

I'm hoping for a Week 2 situation with a lot of story meat, but I also want some meaty gameplay. New bosses and enemies would be amazing as well.

I am hoping they do some action figures of the characters. But I just started playing this not long ago, and I am excited to get it for the Switch! :)

I'm sure they will. I'd kill for more static figures of them. I missed out on getting them back in 2007/2008 and the ones that I had almost gotten were broken :c

Enjoy it! It's a great experience!

i wouldn't put past nomura to put sora in the final mix either and vise versa put the shibuya gang in kh3

We can hope~

The world being split between the RG and UG is just a naturally occurring thing in TWEWY.

Don't forget the roses and/or cherry petals... Oh, how they flutter

xD Indeed, cannot forget that!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

OH MY GARTERS, WHAT IF HYPE-CHAN IS ERI?!?!

It'd explain why she's carrying Mr. Mew with her and why she has that blank expression in the trailer (because of the shock of Shiki's death.)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It'd explain why she's carrying Mr. Mew with her and why she has that blank expression in the trailer (because of the shock of Shiki's death.)

I thought about it, but we see Eri in the game. Remember when Shiki freaks out because Neku finds out she looks exactly like Eri. They see her wandering around the RG and Eri is the reason Shiki gains the confidence to continue on.

DarkGrey Heroine

Awards

Wasn't Shiki 100% copying the sickk stylish looks of Eri? That would include face, hair, clothes, everything, since Shiki sacrificed her physical identity. So I assume Eri has the appearance of UG Shiki.
Mr. Mew however... that was sewn by Shiki, so maybe they are really introducing a new character to whom Mr. Mew arrives somehow (like, Shiki gave it to her or something).
I mean, I really want a fresh new character to be out there ; ^ ;

*edit* ALSO NINJA'S BY SPOCK AT THAT INFO waa (I almost forgot!!)

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I thought about it, but we see Eri in the game. Remember when Shiki freaks out because Neku finds out she looks exactly like Eri. They see her wandering around the RG and Eri is the reason Shiki gains the confidence to continue on.

Wasn't Shiki 100% copying the sickk stylish looks of Eri? That would include face, hair, clothes, everything, since Shiki sacrificed her physical identity. So I assume Eri has the appearance of UG Shiki.
Mr. Mew however... that was sewn by Shiki, so maybe they are really introducing a new character to whom Mr. Mew arrives somehow (like, Shiki gave it to her or something).
I mean, I really want a fresh new character to be out there ; ^ ;

*edit* ALSO NINJA'S BY SPOCK AT THAT INFO waa (I almost forgot!!)
I thought about that, but Hype-Chan is in a school uniform and Eri may not be in stylish mode while in a Japanese school. We've only seen Eri for a couple brief times so we really only know what she looks like when she's out doing teen stuff.

DarkGrey Heroine

Awards
I swear, when I was typing the previously added edit text, I knew I'd get the Ninja'd award... I FELT IT IN MY BONES
spr_papyrushead_variety_4_by_kaus_quietis-dbr9qcr.png

Fudge really has a point tho!

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Super hyped about this! I own the original DS version but I never got around to beating it. Now I can pick up the new version and finally finish it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back