• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The World Ends With You -Final Remix- announced for the Nintendo Switch

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Nintendo announced during their Nintendo Direct Mini 1.11.18 that The World Ends With You -Final Remix- will be releasing this year on the Nintendo Switch. This updated version of TWEWY will include updated graphics, Joy-Con and touchscreen support, along with quality of life improvements found in TWEWY Solo Remix for smartphones.

It will also include a brand new scenario featuring characters like Coco Atarashi from TWEWY Live Remix and the unknown girl who appeared in the secret ending of TWEWY Solo Remix

You can watch the announcement below:

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Re: The World Ends With You Final Remix announced for the Nintendo Switch

*deep breath*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

HYPE-CHAN! I SCREAMED! SHE IS FINALLY HERE!

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

That was a great way to start the direct! Literally yesterday k was gonna start looking for my DS copy lol

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

i hope nomura put the world end with you in kh3 to fullfil sora promise or least the gang in a world

[video=youtube;i0569Wt-cZ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0569Wt-cZ0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

5q0smI0.jpg

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

HYPE CHAN IS REAL AND NOT JUST A CRUEL TAUNT. YALL I LOVE THIS GAME MORE THAN I LOVE KH YOU CANT KNOW HOW HAPPY I AM.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Cool, I guess. Still won't get a switch for that but maybe a friend of mine will get the game.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

YEEEEEEEEEEEEET

shout out to 2018 for being the year our hopes come to life

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards

HOLY SH*TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT OMGGGGGG
THEY ARE STILL AT IT!!!
THIS MASTERPIECE OF A GAME IS STILL LIVIN' THROUGH THE YEARS
I am so glad that the newest console will have access to TWEWY, new folks have access to the wonderful game, as well as old players who want to move to new gen. TWEWY remains alive!
I AM SO HYPED TO KNOW ABOUT THE MYSTERIOUS GIRL! The vid said it's something related to the core of things (the core of the story?) so I reaaally wonder if she has ties to Joshua as he is, as we all know, just *cough* Joshua yes
So there was an idea for it to be included after all, after all these years ; w ; I adore how it wasn't scrapped/forgotten

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I need to know why Coco is reviving Minamimoto and what Hype-chan’s name is and what team is developing this and who is directing and WHY DID THEY KEEP US WAITING FOR SIX YEARS?

It’s been six years since Solo Remix released. Six years since KH3D. Like five years since Live Remix lived and died. YEARS SINCE THE CONCERTS AND ANNIVERSARY EVENTS.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

I need to know why Coco is reviving Minamimoto and what Hype-chan’s name is and what team is developing this and who is directing and WHY DID THEY KEEP US WAITING FOR SIX YEARS?

It’s been six years since Solo Remix released. Six years since KH3D. Like five years since Live Remix lived and died. YEARS SINCE THE CONCERTS AND ANNIVERSARY EVENTS.

K-K-KH3?

Maybe because the requests never died. It took forever until FF Type-0 made it over across the world, and that was only when it got an HD Remake. I doubt that would have even happened if fans hadn't still been screaming for it after years.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Ooh, awesome to see new TWEWY content! :D

I wonder if the new scenario is something that you will play during the story, or like some bonus episode that will be unlocked after you complete the game?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Ooh, awesome to see new TWEWY content! :D

I wonder if the new scenario is something that you will play during the story, or like some bonus episode that will be unlocked after you complete the game?

Sounds like it might be post-game content, but they also make it sound like you can jump right into “the heart of things” in that announcement. We’ll have to likely wait for more info like a Famitsu interview or something.

Sounds like it might be post-game content...but then they said “get right to the heart of things”

K-K-KH3?

Maybe because the requests never died. It took forever until FF Type-0 made it over across the world, and that was only when it got an HD Remake. I doubt that would have even happened if fans hadn't still been screaming for it after years.

No, I mean I know that is why it got made. It was definitely fan demand and wanting to put something good on the Switch, but I’m wondering what changed between the entirety of the 3DS gen and the Switch gen to actually push them into gear. It was clearly a project they wanted to do after Solo Remix and they were building the foundations with Live Remix, and even back then there was a ton of fan demand out there.

Why did it take six years for a new TWEWY project to get off its feet when they were clearly building up to something back in 2012/2013. There is a story there and I crave to know it.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

i think why it took them so long is that i think nomura was having hard time finding a team to work with him because i think all the orignal members eith reited or move on from the project or square itself besise nomura,ishimoto and shinji

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Changed my avatar and sig in celebration. Not completely satisfied with the sig though. Will probably redo it later.

EDIT: Aaaah, that's better~

Last edited:

DefiantHeart

Awards

I mentioned it on twitter, but it's so weird this was announced right after Strelitzia's quests... whoever does the khinsider twitter joked about the new girl possibly being the incarnation of Strelitzia... but yeah, timing is just weird.

Anyways... *deep breath* MRGRGRGRGRGR!!!!!! Why does it have to be on the switch?! Now they're just forcing me to buy the Switch, as if Octopath Travelers wasn't enough. -_-

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

i think why it took them so long is that i think nomura was having hard time finding a team to work with him because i think all the orignal members eith reited or move on from the project or square itself besise nomura,ishimoto and shinji

I doubt they were having issues finding staff for it. TWEWY Solo Remix was made by a good number of new and original staff. Also the directors of Solo Remix, other Ito and Kando, are at SE still. Hasegawa was working on XV but he is definitely still at SE. Getting a team to develop it shouldn’t have been too difficult. It was something more political I think.

I mentioned it on twitter, but it's so weird this was announced right after Strelitzia's quests... whoever does the khinsider twitter joked about the new girl possibly being the incarnation of Strelitzia... but yeah, timing is just weird.

Anyways... *deep breath* MRGRGRGRGRGR!!!!!! Why does it have to be on the switch?! Now they're just forcing me to buy the Switch, as if Octopath Travelers wasn't enough. -_-

For security reasons I have to keep the identity of the jokester/jokesters secret. I’m sure Hype-chan will not have died by getting stabbed in the back by a flamboyant male with an obsession with death and perfection.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

yeah true also i found this tweet very intresing wherater it mea anything https://twitter.com/AADarkrai/status/951476304762810369 wheater it mean anything i dont know

(credit goes to https://twitter.com/AADarkrai)

Just means Nintendo paid the bill for it like they paid for Bravely Default and Bravely Second. Now this makes much more sense. It wasn’t so much about staffing or timing, but money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back