• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The World Ends With You Live Remix iOS Version Launches!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

2012 was a great year for fans of The World Ends With You worldwide, with the announcements and releases of both a full iOS remake of the original cult classic on the Nintendo DS, as well as a mobile-based social game. The social game in question takes place within Shibuya, with the players controlling one of various familiar characters from the original game. Players join together in teams of 20 and are tasked with taking down Ringleader Noise in order to earn points and win the weekly Reaper's Game.

Earlier this year in May, the social game, The World Ends With You Live Remix, launched for Android devices. However to the dismay of many players, although it was available for beta testing on iOS devices, there was no official release in sight, until today.

The World Ends With You -Live Remix- is now officially available on iOS devices through the iTunes App Store

This social game is optimized for iPhone 5 and requires iOS 4.3 or later. Players are required to log in with a GREE ID.

Zephyr has also translated the blog entry, which includes some new information:

An iOS version of The World Ends with You Live Remix appears on the AppStore today!

Scheduled to be held late August, scenario events of popular characters appear!

The long awaited scenario events will be held near the end of August! Popular characters from the original such as Shiki and Beat appear and it will be an original story event.

In the future, more scenario events will be updated on a regular basis and these new scenarios can only be enjoyed in Live Remix.

For a limited time, you can earn event character badges by defeating the special boss that appears in the scenario. For those who are enjoying the Android version and this version right now, please this opportunity to play it.

Well, what are you waiting for, Players? Let's get started!

Source: Square Enix Blog

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Coco is adorable on the loading screen.

Also, we're gonna make sure there's an english option so stay tuned!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
itunes you better not be lying to me...

also if i get fired from playing this at work i blame chaser

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
ASDFGHKJL another reason to switch back to iPhone

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
also if i get fired from playing this at work i blame chaser
My constant emails to the CEO of Square Enix paid of!

All we need now is for Chi to have an iOS version and Sign will never keep her job MUAHAHAHA!

ASDFGHKJL another reason to switch back to iPhone
It's available on Android (and has been for a while). But if it does have English, than yay!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
we can't find the english

somebody go complain

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I tweeted Square Enix NA but I doubt I'll get a response.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
my hopes and dreams of a twewy section have been crushed once again

limit

I just downloaded it and it didn't look like there was English... then I come back to this article and I thought I went crazy because I swore I thought I saw there was English... thank god for comments!

Anyway, haven't synced my iPad in a long time so it's gonna take an extremely long time backing up before I can install atm

*Edit* I be lookin at the menu, I be totally lost :/

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I just downloaded it and it didn't look like there was English... then I come back to this article and I thought I went crazy because I swore I thought I saw there was English... thank god for comments!
We skimmed through the tutorial to get to the main menus. We couldn't find any english option there, nor on the GREE section as well.
I sent in a report to GREE asking if this was an error on the iTunes page where it said English was a language.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
WHY AM I SO IN LOVE WITH THIS. I think I like it more than KHx! Mainly because it requires you to tap and swipe and actually play to win and stuff xD

*shakes fist at Kando* I hate Kando...he's made another good social game ;A;

The music <3 the game looks gorgeous! COCO!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Guys, if you want to play this game in English I'd suggest spamming the reviews with "please make English I love Ishimoto, somebody tell Kando to stop making fun games I'm already addicted to KHx" and nagging SE. Y'know the common bs begging we seem to have to do nowadays to get anything...

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I really want to play this but my Iphone has barely anymore room on it >_< Darn TWEWY from taking up all the original space on my phone xP If there ever becomes an English option, I will have to make room...

Oran

Awards
From what I played I can see myself burning hours playing this if theirs ever an English option to fully understand it. Now is it just me or is the game not running as smoothly as it should? Normally i wouldn't mind this with iphone games but when the music jitters and skips it gets irritating real fast. I'm not sure if its due to my internet connection or if its my phone...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
From what I played I can see myself burning hours playing this if theirs ever an English option to fully understand it. Now is it just me or is the game not running as smoothly as it should? Normally i wouldn't mind this with iphone games but when the music jitters and skips it gets irritating real fast. I'm not sure if its due to my internet connection or if its my phone...

Could be a mix of both. After the maintenance today I haven't had that issue anymore. I'd suggest checking if you have too many programs open.

If you don't know how to do this, double click the home button, press and hold the app icon, delete all apps you are not currently using (if you have any tabs open in your web browser you are using, don't close the browser app) and then reopen the app and see if it is running better.

Oran

Awards
Could be a mix of both. After the maintenance today I haven't had that issue anymore. I'd suggest checking if you have too many programs open.

If you don't know how to do this, double click the home button, press and hold the app icon, delete all apps you are not currently using (if you have any tabs open in your web browser you are using, don't close the browser app) and then reopen the app and see if it is running better.

Hehe thanks for the advice but I already knew that and made sure that live remix was the only app running thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back