• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You Solo Remix Finally Returns to the App Store

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bemmers789

Re: The World Ends with You

Bumping the thread of an awesome game ^^ Sooo discussion time. Do you guys think the sequel (if there is going to be one...there should be) to TWEWY should be on the 3DS? Double-screen battles would still work. The art style and the 2D sprites would be hard to transfer to the 3DS however...Anyway, any thoughts?

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards

No sequel. That's what I'm hoping for.

Marly

Awards

Please no sequel. An amazing game like that needs to stay the way it is.

Wow, someone who agrees with me :3 Ethy you never let me down. Seriously, I'mma say it, TWEWY is my favorite game and I just know that a sequel could not be pulled off.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

I do want a sequel, but I want to see it take place in a different city. No Joshua, no Neku, no Shiki, No Beat. MAYBE Mr. H, but probably not.

I want to see the fallout of the Shibuya game and how it effects the others.

Marly

Awards

Um if they do make a sequel Joshua better be in it! <3 He's the love of my life. Mind, if they did put him in a sequel he better retain his UG personality and such. ;3;

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Maybe in New York, Londen, or somewhere in China.

I had a dream once that a TWEWY sequel took place in San Francisco :D
T'was pretty neat :3

(Just cuz I live there~)

Marly

Awards

Ugh, how about somewhere in Japan still? They could NOT get away with another amazing OST if it takes place in New York. . . or anywhere outside of Japan. Imagine Twister being played in a New York setting. That just wouldn't work. At all.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I finally found a used copy of this game and bought it last week. I'm definitely enjoying it; I think a sequel really wouldn't be anywhere as good as the original... but a spin-off like you guys suggested sounds good.

madammina

For some reason, I keep on thinking "Rio de Janeiro" (Over the last year. If you look on one of the old threads I suggested it there too)

And I think music would have to be changed to fit with the various flavors.

Marly

Awards

But a large dose of TWEWY was the fun exploitation of Japanese culture, like the Ramen doctor, fashion, and the music. If they had to replace that to make it fit into a more western setting, it just wouldn't work.

madammina

RIO. Not exactly western. I see your point. While New York would work (since it holds a high place in the world) they should do another country.

bemmers789

I agree that if there is a sequel (which both Nomura and Tatsuya Kando claimed they would like to see happen) it should keep the Japan setting. But idk how they would create another plot. What else would happen? I myself am on the fence about whether I'd like a sequel or not. I wouldn't want a sequel to ruin an already amazing game, but I'd love to play more of this amazing game.

snow_flake40

Awards

I just saw this tweet posted on the 21st by an editor of VG Tribune saying that a TWEWY 2 might be announced at E3.

Just heard from a very reliable source that we are getting a World Ends With You 2 announcement from Square-Enix at E3. Please be true! #Win

How likely do you think this is? Personally, I think if they can make a sequel even nearly kind of sorta a quarter as good as the original, then I'd be all for it. Thoughts?

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Well I loved the first game but I feel it should almost be left at that. If it works though then I'll be all for it

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

So long as it's a non-sequel, preferably in both a different time and place, I might just come to love it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

So long as it's a non-sequel, preferably in both a different time and place, I might just come to love it.
This times a million. I just got TWEWY two weeks ago and it's fantastic. I love this game but I feel like I've seen all I need to of Shibuya and the characters story lines were more powerful if they were just kept the way they ended.

I would definitely enjoy a sequel if it's the same concept but like you said, in a different place and maybe time.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

I doubt they might make it like FF but who knows. They shouldn't really make a sequel to a game that eneded really good

as long as its even better than this one haha. I would def love to see a second world ends with you, I love Neku and the rest of the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back