• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You Solo Remix Finally Returns to the App Store

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Re: The World Ends with You

I've been saying a different place for a while. I want the same time though, there HAS to be some major fallout from how that game ended. Rules being changed, people being more involved, etc. I want to see how the International Game adapts to how Shibuya's latest game ended.

Or, maybe, if we played in one of the AU's? Sort of like "Another Day"

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

I've been saying a different place for a while. I want the same time though, there HAS to be some major fallout from how that game ended. Rules being changed, people being more involved, etc. I want to see how the International Game adapts to how Shibuya's latest game ended.

Or, maybe, if we played in one of the AU's? Sort of like "Another Day"
I would love to play in a different area, I don't know to me Shibuya got old fast.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

I'm still really early on in this game (Day 3 with Shiki), but I love this game already.

As for potential sequel, from what I know already about TWENY1, I'd love to see a similar scenario in a different location with different cast, though I'd love to see a guest appearance from one or two of the characters from the first game. Perhaps Joshua appearing for a moment with the new city's Composer?

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

I just saw this tweet posted on the 21st by an editor of VG Tribune saying that a TWEWY 2 might be announced at E3.

Huh? I thought games announced at E3 by a Japanese company are that case because of worldwide appeal. And last time I checked, TWEWY is a niche game in the west. Not the worldwide appeal like other titles in Square's catalogue such as the FF titles.

snow_flake40

Awards

Huh? I thought games announced at E3 by a Japanese company are that case because of worldwide appeal. And last time I checked, TWEWY is a niche game in the west. Not the worldwide appeal like other titles in Square's catalogue such as the FF titles.

*shrugs* Just passing on the info. :)

I heard TWEWY was more popular in the west as well, so I figured it would make more sense to announce a sequel (if there is one) at one of the biggest gaming conventions in America (E3) than at the Tokyo Game Show, for example. Although, to be perfectly honest I hadn't heard of E3 before last year, so I'm not exactly familiar with how these things usually go... ^^"

Anywho, I was just wondering how a TWEWY 2 could work. I mean, I do like the idea that a few people have posted about basing it on a Game in a different place with a new cast, but I just absolutely LOVE the characters of the first. I don't want to leave them. :c

State

Awards

Question is;
Will it be for the Nintendo DS or the 3DS?
If the question is the latter then I can't imagine TWEWY with anything in 3D (and I mean in-depth and pop-out 3D).

snow_flake40

Awards

^ Yeah, I'd be kinda afraid of having TWEWY on the 3DS because, as you said, the sprites and the entire 2D style of the game were spectacular.

But then again, I'd love to see what they would do with all the other features of the 3DS. I mean, they squeezed every last little feature out of the DS and put it to good use, something I haven't seen any other DS game try to do. They could follow Cubic Ninja's footsteps and not use the 3D effect at all, but rather focus on the gyroscope, accelerometer, AR cards and the like. For example, activating an Earthquake pin by physically shaking the 3DS. I think they could make it work.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net

They already packed as much as they could into the DS version.....can't wait to see what they could add ._.

bemmers789

Having TWEWY2 on the 3DS would be pretty aweome if they can pull the 3D off...I felt bad for Josh at the end too :( And getting both KH and TWEWY news @ E3 would just make my day ^^

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

I heard TWEWY was more popular in the west as well,

140,000 and 20,000 for North America and Europe respectively. Though shipment for TWEWY sold out twice in America, so I guess it is popular for what it was destined to ship.

Although, to be perfectly honest I hadn't heard of E3 before last year, so I'm not exactly familiar with how these things usually go... ^^"

E3 is the annual video game conference held in Los Angeles annually. Many games (and new generation of consoles) are announced there. Since it is known to be the largest conference known to the industry, it's usually the games that get announced there have a worldwide appeal (Or Western Appeal, as America is the largest consumer). The Final Fantasies? Have that worldwide appeal. Gears? Worldwide. Halo? Worldwide. Even Chrono Trigger has that worldwide appeal (The DS version sold nearly 1 million copies in America). The World Ends With You? It doesn't. It's a very niche title.

I really cannot see it being announced at E3. Heck, even TGS is a stretch as more games announced there are the ones with 'Worldwide appeal'. Maybe the Jump Festa or Square's own conference may have an announcement.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

140,000 and 20,000 for North America and Europe respectively. Though shipment for TWEWY sold out twice in America, so I guess it is popular for what it was destined to ship.

E3 is the annual video game conference held in Los Angeles annually. Many games (and new generation of consoles) are announced there. Since it is known to be the largest conference known to the industry, it's usually the games that get announced there have a worldwide appeal (Or Western Appeal, as America is the largest consumer). The Final Fantasies? Have that worldwide appeal. Gears? Worldwide. Halo? Worldwide. Even Chrono Trigger has that worldwide appeal (The DS version sold nearly 1 million copies in America). The World Ends With You? It doesn't. It's a very niche title.

I really cannot see it being announced at E3. Heck, even TGS is a stretch as more games announced there are the ones with 'Worldwide appeal'. Maybe the Jump Festa or Square's own conference may have an announcement.

When I first heard it was made by the same people that made KH I knew it was a buy, because I knew they would create a awesome game. So honestly they should make a 2nd one. Also the name was pretty cool at the time, and knew I had to get it.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

I have the money to get this game, do you guys think I should go and get this game?

snow_flake40

Awards

I have the money to get this game, do you guys think I should go and get this game?

Yes, yes, so very much yes. It's probably my favourite DS game in the history of ever, so yeah, I'd say it's worth a go. It's puh-ritty gosh darn awesome.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Yes, yes, so very much yes. It's probably the best DS game in the history of ever, so yeah, I'd say it's worth a go. It's puh-ritty gosh darn awesome.

Fixed.

Does that answer your question now? xD;

State

Awards

Is TWEWY tagged as a Best-Seller?

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards

Yes, yes, so very much yes. It's probably the best game in the history of ever, so yeah, I'd say it's worth a go. It's puh-ritty gosh darn awesome.

Fixed.

Does that answer your question now? xD;

doubly fixed. how much you wanna bet I screwed up this quoting somewhere?

edit: :eek: i did it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back