• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You Solo Remix Finally Returns to the App Store

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: The World Ends with You

Welp, February is Live Remix's last month. In retrospective, the idea of an online, social and mobile game revolved on the world of The World Ends With You was pretty outstanding, but overall, Square Enix failed a bit on maintaining the idea. Overpriced microtransactions and not localizing it might have contributed to the game not expanding its base audience, possibly being the cause of its closure on this month. All in all, at least they try. Now let us see what they shall present to us TWEWY-related.

The microtransactions were reasonable. There is no guarantee if they localized it that it would have succeeded, but I do think there is a larger TWEWY audience internationally than in Japan so it certainly could have kept the game running longer just because of a larger population of users.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Re: The World Ends with You

The microtransactions were reasonable. There is no guarantee if they localized it that it would have succeeded, but I do think there is a larger TWEWY audience internationally than in Japan so it certainly could have kept the game running longer just because of a larger population of users.
Fair point. If my source is of any merit, then TWEWY sold, approximately, double the amount of Japan here in North America.

VenTer

Awards
Re: The World Ends With You...HELP?

Okay, so I'm on day 2 (I think) in week 2 and I have to win the Tin Pin Slammer tournament. Problem is, I suck at it :( Any tips or strategies? Thanks :)

EDIT::: Neeever mind :)
When your almost at the edge, use the finger move, it saves you. The point of this game is to ring out your opponents pins, use all of the moves that you have. Your just gonna have to get used to it, once your used to it, you know now what to do and how to beat your opponent in Tin Pin Slammer.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: The World Ends With You...HELP?

When your almost at the edge, use the finger move, it saves you. The point of this game is to ring out your opponents pins, use all of the moves that you have. Your just gonna have to get used to it, once your used to it, you know now what to do and how to beat your opponent in Tin Pin Slammer.

Sadly that post was in 2011, so this isn't going to help them out too much :c

VenTer

Awards
Re: The World Ends With You

The World Ends With You is one of the most interactive games that I have ever played. And it has a nice story. It's one of the best games ever! :D Though I can say Kingdom Hearts is still my number one favorite game, but also The World Ends With You is really my second favorite game with an incredible story and all the interactions for the DS and Neku learns that having friends can be fun. :)

Gram

Banned
Awards

Got a question.

I've been thinking of getting TWEWY solo remix for my phone but I dont want to go through the trouble of buying it, beating it again, unlocking, etc if there's no way to transfer my saves.

So basically if I get it will I be able to save what I've done in the situation, like say for example, I get a different iphone when it comes time to upgrade my plan?
Basically is there a way to back it up for transfer later?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Got a question.

I've been thinking of getting TWEWY solo remix for my phone but I dont want to go through the trouble of buying it, beating it again, unlocking, etc if there's no way to transfer my saves.

So basically if I get it will I be able to save what I've done in the situation, like say for example, I get a different iphone when it comes time to upgrade my plan?
Basically is there a way to back it up for transfer later?

No. There is not. (this is the exact same reason why I am finding it hard to part with my current iPhone)

Gram

Banned
Awards

No. There is not. (this is the exact same reason why I am finding it hard to part with my current iPhone)

I see, saddened to hear that then. =[ Didn't want to pass on it but I'm not gonna get it if I can't transfer it, oh well. </3
Thanks for answering.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I see, saddened to hear that then. =[ Didn't want to pass on it but I'm not gonna get it if I can't transfer it, oh well. </3
Thanks for answering.

Yeah. It's really fun but not worth it unless you know for sure that you won't be giving up your phone for many years to come.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

I'm on Android (Android>iOS <3) so I can't exactly help but it's possible to back up/restore anything and everything (game saves, texts, call logs, etc) on a rooted device. Maybe there's a solution through Cydia?

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

Yup it does. There are tons of jailbreaking guides/YouTube videos littered on the internet. It's a fairly simple process and it's incredibly easy to "unjailbreak"

I'm presuming you have an older iPhone so voiding the warranty should be moot at this point.

Coincidentally, I found this:

iExplorer | Transfer game saves between iPhones

It doesn't require you to jailbreak your device.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

With TWEWY merch coming out, I'd like to continue hoping that we'll get word on a sequel but we've been waiting so long.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

So whatever happened to this sequel rumor I've heard about? I think I even heard it was supposed to show up at E3, either that or my memory is being foggy

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It's best to just forget anything about a sequel.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I'm alright with that. The original was a gem, diamond in the rough. Best not to milk it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back