• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You Solo Remix Finally Returns to the App Store

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
The World Ends With You

24wymvo.png

What is The World Ends with You?
The World Ends with You (also known as It's a Wonderful World in weeaboo) is an action RPG developed by Square Enix's Kingdom Hearts team and Jupiter for the DS. Contrary to popular belief, TWEWY was not directed by Nomura which is probably why it wasn't a piece of shit, which is surprising when you consider who developed it.

How about some more info?
In TWEWY, you take on the role of Neku Sakuraba (Sora's cooler but more emo twice-removed cousin) who is one day forced to play the Reapers' Game– a dangerous game held by the Reapers in an alternate plane of existence known as the Underground– for a week to judge the worth of humanity, all taking place in the Shibuya shopping district of Tokyo, Japan. The Game (which you just lost) has certain rules which prevent him from leaving the district, and if Neku or any of the players don't complete the Game, they will be erased from existence.

Other noteworthy characters are Shiki Misaki (fashionista/whore), Yoshiya Kiryu (also known as Joshua, a precocious lad who is cleverly homosexual for Neku but is otherwise and most obviously the baddest motherfcuker in this game), and Beat (wigger); all of whom are players paired up with Neku throughout the Game.

jesus christ how do i control both charatcers in battel
As addressed in the question, the Stride Cross Battle System uses both screens of the DS. Neku gets the bottom half, while Neku's partner– whose attack direction can be controlled using the directional pad while remaining stationary– gets the top.

Neku's ability as a player in the Game allows him to use powerful abilities called "Psychs" based on pins he's acquired, and are activated in battle by use of specific actions on the touch screen (for information on how to do this, read each pin description). Each pin has specific spells and abilities that can be equipped to him for use in battle (holy shit this game requires you to plan out your attack setup).

Back to the question at hand: Fighting on two screens is a bit confusing, but over time you get used to it. Most people (more like anyone who is smart) just follow whoever has the puck (the green light), because passing the puck back and forth between each partner results in increasing damage bonuses done to enemies.

Anything else you think you need to address?

Keep your mastered pins!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: The World Ends with You

This was the reason I got a DS, and it was money well spent :3

Jolts

Unfortunately I haven't been able to play that much recently, but this is still my favorite DS game.
I really love its art style, I've been trying to emulate it while drawing but unfortunately it's pretty difficult D:

D

Deleted member 71005

My favorite Nintendo DS game ever, it doesn't need a sequel.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Gods, I love this game. I used to play it all day long. -grabs DS and starts playing TWEWY-

EDIT: Am I the only one that wishes there were more Aliens out there and that this game needed to be able to connect to the internet so you could mingle with more than the two people in your neighborhood that played the game once?

Awards
Website
sites.google.com

Yeah, the mingling thing can be annoying. I just used my lil bro's DS to get the necessary experience. But I really wish there was an online feature, I think it could make the game a lot better.

So, what pins do you guys use?

I've been using the black planet set (just because it's so damn good, I really don't think you can match it with anything else), but every once in awhile I'll switch back to my old set:

Ice Risers - this can do some serious damage, as well as incapacitate the noise.
Peace Full - with 5 heals for 50% each, arguably the most potent healing pin in the game.
Final Pyre, All Expired - I love the fire pins in general, great for dispatching large groups of noise.
Lightning Rook - Good long range pin, and can hit lots of enemies. Just love it in general.
Excalibur - Ridiculous amounts of damage, and a quick reload time, great stuff.
Kanesada - Up close and personal, and I prefer the amount of damage over Yoshimitsu's number of hits.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

This game is dirt-cheap at Amazon. Should I dig-in? I mean I know the fans will tell me to....but what is this game most comparable to? I don't want to buy it if I won't like it (and I can't rent anymore since my local rental stores closed down).

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

I can't think of anything to compare it to, but I imagine you'd like it. As cheap as it is, it's not like the price would outweigh whatever few flaws you may find. It's a hell of a great game and seeing this thread kinda makes me want to pick it up again.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

This game is dirt-cheap at Amazon. Should I dig-in? I mean I know the fans will tell me to....but what is this game most comparable to? I don't want to buy it if I won't like it (and I can't rent anymore since my local rental stores closed down).

There isn't much to compare it to. It is very original in the way it was designed. And if you don't like it, you can always sell it on Half.com. But you would like it. It is a great game to play. Definitely worth buying. I have it in Japanese and in English and love it to pieces.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards

God, I loved this game so much. As Alexx said, viewing this thread kinda makes me want to pick it up again; maybe after I get some of my work in Pokemon done, I'll be able to go and play through this...again.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Maybe I should try out a 100% playthrough again. Relive good times...

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

LOL I love Twewy but the chain battle in Bizarro world on normal is too zetta hard for me. Even on easy, I die at Sho.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com

∞;5062827 said:
Maybe I should try out a 100% playthrough again. Relive good times...
Jezza, you're effin crazy.
LOL I love Twewy but the chain battle in Bizarro world on normal is too zetta hard for me. Even on easy, I die at Sho.

You should have your characters eat/drink items to get them stronger. Viper Drink, Mako Synergy, and Royal Jelly Q10 all are insane at rasing attack, defense, and health (respectively).

Awards
Website
sites.google.com

Dude, not sure if you've heard of this (I think ken posted it up awhile back, really old thread), but there's an easy way to beat hanekoma on ultimate.

Basically, you use these pines:
Righty Cat
Brainy Cat
Lefty Cat
Speed Factor
Black Uranus

The sixth pin is optional, generally a healing pin is suggested, but you could always use the Gatito pin to boost Black Uranus' attack.

But basically, the Cat pins and speed factor allow you to use Black Uranus to endlessly juggle the enemy on the bottom screen, leaving you only the top screen to worry about. Once you get a level three fusion attack, you should be able to finish the battle.

Joshua is the suggested partner, because he can stay in the air forever, and gets from air to ground quickly, which is great for the boss. Also, his air attack is win.

But yeah, I beat Hanekoma with that before I even grinded, it makes things so much easier.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

That was me actually. I'm not even sure if Ken has this game or not. Regardless, it is a really easy way to beat him, but because it is so simple, it's not particularly satisfying. If I had the patience to grind until I maxed out, I probably would have rather fought Hanekoma fairly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back