• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You Solo Remix Finally Returns to the App Store

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Re: The World Ends with You

So after looking for this game for a year I finally found a gamestop that had a copy...

Really shouldn't have been this hard.

IKR! I went to three fucking gamestops looking for this damn game and none of them had it! I'm ordering it online soon though.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Yes. Buy it right now. It is unarguably among the top ten DS games ever made. In most top fives. Personally, it is the best.

Even if you played through the campaign as quickly as you possibly could, it'd still take you ten to fifteen hours. Throw into that the fact the world in it is extremely well-developed, and there are several extremely likeable/hateable characters, and an equipment and weaponry system with over six hundred items, and it's massive. If you're aiming to complete it 100%, you'll be playing for at least 200 hours.

The battle system is great fun when you master it and figure out the right attacks and equipment to use, but there's a steep learning curve involved. If you still find it hard, you can set an AI to take care of half of the challenge. Don't give up on it because of the battle system, though, you'd be missing out on far too much.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com

In all honesty, I rarely ate food when I was going throughout the actual game. Maybe a few items to boost bravery, but I normally didn't have the funds (or items) to afford any food worth buying

Diomedes

I aim to misbehave

In all honesty, I rarely ate food when I was going throughout the actual game. Maybe a few items to boost bravery, but I normally didn't have the funds (or items) to afford any food worth buying

Shit, I didn't even go into the item menu at all during my first playthrough. Then I fought Sho again on hard mode and thought 'fcuk, how the hell can my hp be that bloody low?!'

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Well, well, well. Looks they're considering a sequel for this game. I read that Nomura mentioned a sequel for this in this month's Nintendo Power. Looking for a scan or anything to show at the moment....
I wouldn't mind a sequel. This game was so amazing in pretty much every way

Sacred X

Freshmeat

Well, well, well. Looks they're considering a sequel for this game. I read that Nomura mentioned a sequel for this in this month's Nintendo Power. Looking for a scan or anything to show.

Same here.

But I beg one request. Please, please PLEASE don't screw it up.
Please don't screw it up by having generic game music.
Please don't screw it up by completely changing the gameplay to something... moronic.
Please don't screw it up in a way that would make the first TWEWY less appealing.
Please don't screw it up by doing anything moronic.

It hasn't been too long since TWEWY, so I'm sure they're still in a similar mindset. They opened many doors for a sequel anyway, so it's not like a sequel is the last thing people would expect.

Although admittedly, I'm curious to know what authority Nomura has for a sequel, since I'm fairly certain he was only a character designer and nothing more. Either way, hopefully the Nintendo Power bit is true. I enjoy TWEWY's style.

Diomedes

I aim to misbehave

Well, well, well. Looks they're considering a sequel for this game. I read that Nomura mentioned a sequel for this in this month's Nintendo Power. Looking for a scan or anything to show at the moment....

Please be joking, just once I would like it if there could be a good game that stands on its own just fine and isn't warped into some cash cow franchise. If they do make one, I suppose we will at least know for sure if Sho got erased or not.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Really? That would be pretty cool. It'd be interesting to see what they'll do with it.

Although admittedly, I'm curious to know what authority Nomura has for a sequel, since I'm fairly certain he was only a character designer and nothing more.

Nomura was the creative producer and the main character art designer.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Here, I'll post the full exert from the magazine:
"During a recent chat with producer Tetsuya Nomura, we asked about the likelihood of a follow up to one of our all time favorite Nintendo DS titles, The World Ends with You. His response: 'I'm really happy that the game was so well received in North Amercia. I definetely want to make a sequel. I'm very busy working on other titles right now, but when the time is right, I would love to make another installmnet of The World Ends with You.'"

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards

I just got this and it's amazing. I love it so much, and it's so much better than Days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back