• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You Solo Remix Finally Returns to the App Store

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Re: The World Ends with You

HE MURDERED NEKU and simply didn't care. He was willing to destroy a place that was implied to run the entire world. That bet with Megumi was implied because he was BORED. (At least how I remember... can't quite remember it.) That's more then condescending.

Awards

HE MURDERED NEKU and simply didn't care. He was willing to destroy a place that was implied to run the entire world. That bet with Megumi was implied because he was BORED. (At least how I remember... can't quite remember it.) That's more then condescending.

Well, he did decide to put things back to normal in the end, and he decided to spare Shibuya.

But hey, I see what you mean..

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

HE MURDERED NEKU and simply didn't care.
He's a demi-god, and a being far higher than any human. It's like you or me killing an ant or other small insect. It's not logical that he should care about killing a human. Chances are his clairvoyance also gave him some hints that Neku's death would mean something big, so he facilitated it.
He was willing to destroy a place that was implied to run the entire world.
Not run, but certainly a place from which nearly all others drew inspiration from. If Shibuya died, somewhere else would become the new centre of things after some reshuffling.
That bet with Megumi was implied because he was BORED.
Again, he's a demi-god, pretty much. He's centuries old and Shibuya was stagnating.

madammina

He was once human, and being a God doesn't excuse you from being immoral and unethical.

This is going to devolve into a religious discussion, isn't it.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

He was once human, and being a God doesn't excuse you from being immoral and unethical.
So he's supposed to retain the same worldview, morality and other attributes that humans possess, even if he's beyond death, disease, ignorance, pain, and a whole host of other things that plague humanity? His world is almost unimaginably different to our own - why is he or why should he be required to hold onto antiquated human beliefs?

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards

This is going to devolve into a religious discussion, isn't it.
No real God would act like Josh did and it seems that way.

madammina

So he's supposed to retain the same worldview, morality and other attributes that humans possess, even if he's beyond death, disease, ignorance, pain, and a whole host of other things that plague humanity? His world is almost unimaginably different to our own - why is he or why should he be required to hold onto antiquated human beliefs?

He's not beyond death, ignorance, or a few other things. He can be erased (and he's just the most recent composer, someone beats him, they are the new composer) and if he was beyond ignorance the whole plot wouldn't have happened.

He's human, just powerful.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Gods aren't real derp. Otherwise, just wow.
These sorts of beings are immortal (possibly also eternal), powerful (possibly omnipotent), hugely wise (omniscient), and capable of traversing numerous realms of existence (omnipresent), yet you still expect a God - even one such as, oh, I don't know, Ares - to show any sort of care or concern for human life, especially in a city such as Shibuya that is so ridiculously fashion-entrenched that the lives of countless individuals within are more shallow than a kiddy pool?
If that's a little hard for you to understand, how about this: These sorts of guys are infinitely beyond human powers and comprehension, yet you still expect them to care even slightly for humans?
Actually, many Gods - modern and ancient - do a lot of meddling in human affairs, including toying with them for nothing more than their own entertainment.
He's not beyond death, ignorance, or a few other things. He can be erased (and he's just the most recent composer, someone beats him, they are the new composer) and if he was beyond ignorance the whole plot wouldn't have happened.

He's human, just powerful.
Eh, I just think you're being idealistic (possibly unrealistically so) by thinking Joshua can still be judged based on human understanding and experience.

madammina

I'm calling it off. We're obviously looking at it from two different perspectives. (Namely, I'm a devout Catholic. You seem to be Atheist, or at least Agnostic... this isn't going to work out)

Silh

Slippery People
Awards

He was willing to destroy a place that was implied to run the entire world.
I thought it was because Shibuya was a shithole? He spared it on the whim that if Neku (the worst person in the city) could change, then so could everyone else.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I thought it was because Shibuya was a shithole? He spared it on the whim that if Neku (the worst person in the city) could change, then so could everyone else.

It was. And idk why but they way you stated the bolded made me crack up.I had always thought Joshua picked Neku because of his Imagination. But Neku being the biggest jerk in town sounds more realistic.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards

Hah, no, you're right. He definitely picked him because of their shared mindset, he just didn't expect Neku to change.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Lol he called me a fool.

But yeah, everything Jezza said.

Besides, later on, doesn't Josh admit he cared about Neku? To Kat?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Besides, later on, doesn't Josh admit he cared about Neku? To Kat?

Isn't Joshua CAT (at least half of CAT)? How can he confess something to himself? Lol, but yeah. He tells Mr.H he cares about Neku...In a roundabout way like Joshua always does.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Isn't Joshua CAT (at least half of CAT)? How can he confess something to himself? Lol, but yeah. He tells Mr.H he cares about Neku...In a roundabout way like Joshua always does.
The Producer, Sanae Hanekoma, goes by the alias of CAT so far as his wider-world presence in Shibuya goes (he is also, of course, the owner of Wildkat, but that's hardly so public). He's mentioned this in the Secret Reports, and while he has undoubtedly done some sort of collaboration as CAT with other people, he never mentioned anyone else helping to shape the CAT identity or create CAT artwork.

Toria

OMR! I want this game so much! It looks really awesome and I severly hope that some day (when the price FINALLY) goes down, I can buy it :D

bemmers789

The World Ends With You...HELP?

Okay, so I'm on day 2 (I think) in week 2 and I have to win the Tin Pin Slammer tournament. Problem is, I suck at it :( Any tips or strategies? Thanks :)

EDIT::: Neeever mind :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back