• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You Solo Remix Finally Returns to the App Store

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Re: The World Ends with You

god damn it no fuck off please dont let this be anything more than a final mix sort of affair for the 3DS

square enix have fucked up the KH and FF franchises by pumping out too many games and TWEWY was a perfectly well self-contained game and universe

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

ohhhhh god i want to know what this is so bad

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards

Imma too excited for words! ;~; I just hope they don't stuff this up if it ends up being a 3DS game. I used to have faith in SE, but after all I heard about FFXIII-2 I'm unsure.

ShailsTDSPT

*Turns on PC*
Brother: DIABLO 3 PATCH OUT!
Me:WdADIHAUIDHWUIDHAIUWD
*it isn't*
Me: Not cool.
*opens KHInsider with TWEWY news*
Me: WQOIEJOHDIUSHDOAD
*opens site*
Me: VERY COOL.

Now seriously, TWEWY2 please...

Also, if it is TWEWY2, how do you think the plot is going to be? To be honest I have no idea, I can only think of a prequel since to participate in the Reaper's game you have to die and I don't want to see Neku die again :(

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I think it might be a spin-off. Joshua could be a returning character but someone else have to play the reapers game

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

I think it might be a spin-off. Joshua could be a returning character but someone else have to play the reapers game
I don't mean to sound rude in saying this, but what on Earth is there to suggest that? We have virtually nothing to base any speculation on, and at the very most what we have to go on is the knowledge that between Neku's last game we got to play through and when he finally met up with Shiki, Beat and Rhyme in the real world, there was a seven-day gap.

That's literally all we know currently that could lead to another game. Pretty much everything else not stemming directly from this fact as blind conjecture, if not just your own personal wishes masquerading as you 'thinking' something 'might' happen. Aside from that, your 'idea' is just as likely as everything else given its relative baselessness, so there's no reason to even suggest it alone over theoretically anything else.

luna008

Also, if it is TWEWY2, how do you think the plot is going to be? To be honest I have no idea, I can only think of a prequel since to participate in the Reaper's game you have to die and I don't want to see Neku die again :(

In the "another day"part of the game, Mr.Hanekoma seemed to suggest that they were going to need Neku strength again. and also lets not forget that Sho Minamimoto is still alive so he might be kicking up some trouble.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Another Day was completely non-canon, just to make that clear. It had some neat little tie-ins to the main plot, but it doesn't actually have any bearing on it.

Sacred X

Freshmeat

Another Day was completely non-canon, just to make that clear.

Based on what, exactly? I'm aware when you first start Another Day, it clearly states that Day takes place in a completely different world so it has a completely separate story and whatnot. However, if you've played certain parts of Another Day you'd know the worlds are connected (feels like I'm talking about KH right now) due to Joshuas traveling between them. Also, there are the secret reports that also tie into Another Day's existence.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Based on what, exactly? I'm aware when you first start Another Day, it clearly states that Day takes place in a completely different world so it has a completely separate story and whatnot. However, if you've played certain parts of Another Day you'd know the worlds are connected (feels like I'm talking about KH right now) due to Joshuas traveling between them. Also, there are the secret reports that also tie into Another Day's existence.

Yes they are linked. The universe itself may be canonical because of those links, but the events are non-canonical due to not being in the actual universe TWEWY occurs in.

Auron is shown to possibly be the only FF character in Kingdom Hearts that isn't an AU version but the actual Auron, but that doesn't make KH2 Olympus Coliseum canon to FFX. In the same way, the secret reports don't make the Another Day canon to the main game.

Also when a game straight-up tells you it's non-canon, it's non-canon.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Another Day is most definitely canon, it's just in an another universe. Joshua traveled to the Tin Pin universe to hide during week 3. The story in Another Day has no major bearing on the plot, though.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

I should clarify myself in saying that Another Day is non-canon: The only parts of it that become canon are in the second Joshua, and other moments where there are explicit cross-overs from the main universe to the AD one. Outside of that, the AD Shibuya has no bearing on the campaign one.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

If this is a new The World Ends With You game, any chance we might see this game on Playstation station system or do you guys think this new one might be only on the 3DS?

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

If this is a new The World Ends With You game, any chance we might see this game on Playstation station system or do you guys think this new one might be only on the 3DS?

TWEWY's gameplay pretty much requires two screens, so I doubt we'd see it on any other system than 3DS.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Just 3DS. The options offered with the precision and speed of the stylus is needed for The World Ends With You. Anything else is insufficient and would reduce the quality of gameplay - the Vita would be slower and less precise with its finger-poking, the Wii is generally slow and imprecise, the Kinect would be horrid for the necessary actions, and the PS Move would be only slightly better than the Wii.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

Does it have to have to have the touch screen like the original? can't they change the gameplay and still be a good game.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

If they're going to change the whole gameplay, why even make a sequel? They'd be better off just making a whole new IP.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

Look I loved the original and loved the 2D sprites and music, not saying its a bad game, but it could be so much better if they brought it a new console with new functions kind of like the PS Vita, it has touch screen on the back and front.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Does it have to have to have the touch screen like the original? can't they change the gameplay and still be a good game.
Not really. Part of TWEWY's charm was the simplicity of the gameplay mechanics (at least in regards to Pins and the gestures associated with them) and the vast array of moves that could be achieved with such simple movements. You'd have worse gameplay with less capabilities if you moved it to almost any other system.
Look I loved the original and loved the 2D sprites and music, not saying its a bad game, but it could be so much better if they brought it a new console with new functions kind of like the PS Vita, it has touch screen on the back and front.
Except, as has already been made clear, only with a stylus can you effectively have controls that work fast and precise. How are you supposed to have either of those with a back touch screen? If you've got a Vita I can understand you trying to make an argument for it being good for something like TWEWY, but that doesn't mean such arguments are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back