• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You Solo Remix Finally Returns to the App Store

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: The World Ends With You

Hope so!! :D Ishimoto-san has been putting up a lot of new music lately, though the other songs are covers ;0; Hopefully he posts more soon~

I'm still giddy about the song title and everything xD I don't think they've referenced the English name in any of the music or anything before so yay ;u;

There is another song titled "The World Ends With You" on the choBIT Orchestra album.

BlueKey777

Banned

Hopefully they can come up with a new remastered sound track with new songs in the future. This is why I'm really hoping for a second game! XD It would be amazing to hear a new soundtrack. Ah the memories~! ;)
I could wait another year for TWEWY 2 to come out if they came out with a brand album featuring remixs of my favorite songs!

Gram

Banned
Awards

Hope so!! :D Ishimoto-san has been putting up a lot of new music lately, though the other songs are covers ;0; Hopefully he posts more soon~

I'm still giddy about the song title and everything xD I don't think they've referenced the English name in any of the music or anything before so yay ;u;
Sweet! Covers or no at least there's possibility we'll see more. ;u;

Now that you bring it up I don't remember english names being mentioned either. =3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

...whoops, i completely forgot about that ;A; (That one's a really awesome song, too~ And I think they put it on the Subasekai ~Crossover~ album as well?)

Yep! (To be honest until Monday I had forgotten that the song existed until I saw "TWEWY" and was like "Uh...Isn't there a TWEWY already?" but I was pleasantly pleased to see it was a completely new song xD)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That's depressing! The game was so good too! Maybe someone can take the series over or something...but I don't think it would be the same... :/

Ishimoto will always be the composer. The point as that he was not going to make any more remix albums for the game. Any music for TWEWY would be new or covers done by The Death March, an official Square Enix project band by Ishimoto.

As for a game...well that is something Kando, Hazama, and Nomura will have to work out.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yep! (To be honest until Monday I had forgotten that the song existed until I saw "TWEWY" and was like "Uh...Isn't there a TWEWY already?" but I was pleasantly pleased to see it was a completely new song xD)
Lulz I forgot about the song, too xD But I usually call it Mini Metal Master (even though it's not called that... *shrug*) since that was the name of the group or band or whatever that made it :T But omg the new song is so nice~ ;w; (i hope they include it in the completely inevitable PLS DON'T CRUSH MY HOPES AND DREAMS SQUARE sequel ;0;)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I was thinking, since Capcom is re-releasing the Ace Attorney Trilogy they had on iOS for the 3DS, do you think SE might do the same with The World Ends With You?

Gram

Banned
Awards

I was thinking, since Capcom is re-releasing the Ace Attorney Trilogy they had on iOS for the 3DS, do you think SE might do the same with The World Ends With You?

That would be so awesome if they did. ;A;

zachen

Awards

So do you guys think that TWEWY 2 is a possibility? Or do you think Square is going to just give up on the series?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

If we don't see a TWEWY2 then I would be genuinely surprised. SE has thrown so much TWEWY music/merch at us lately, plus the 3D cameo in KH and the cellphone version with Hype-chan.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I'd also be surprised if they ditched it at this point and very very sad if they did so. TnT

zachen

Awards

If we don't see a TWEWY2 then I would be genuinely surprised. SE has thrown so much TWEWY music/merch at us lately, plus the 3D cameo in KH and the cellphone version with Hype-chan.
Valid point!!! I am just worried that they are milking the series, but don't want to risk ruining the hype surrounding it by making a sequel lest it is poorly received.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Valid point!!! I am just worried that they are milking the series, but don't want to risk ruining the hype surrounding it by making a sequel lest it is poorly received.
If they can milk their other series with sequels or spin-offs then they should give TWEWY a shot. It has the means for a sequel/spin-off that is done right on the 3DS could be almost or just as good as the original.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
[b]The World Ends With You Comes to Theatrhythm Final Fantasy![/b]

UPDATE: Square Enix have released three images from the DLC, which is now available in game for $0.99!

Things have been silent on the status of a sequel to The World Ends With You ever since the iOS/Android re-release of the game that contained a special secret image, however the game has gotten a little representation in one of Square Enix's beloved franchises, the Theatrythm franchise. Accessible as two DLC songs in Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Curtain Call, players in Japan can download both "Twister" and "Calling" and fight enemies in the familiar city of Shibuya.

Thanks to @ArikaMiz for the images above, you can see the purchase screen where players can select to purchase the DLC, as well as the song "Twister" being played. This content is only available for Japanese players at the moment, but with the recent addition of extra DLC in America, it should be joining us very soon!

It's interesting to note that while there have been many Square Enix franchises chosen to become DLC in this game, notably Xenogears, Romancing Saga, and Bravely Default Flying Fairy, Kingdom Hearts has yet to have representation in Theatrhythm form. Do you believe Square Enix and Disney have something prepared in regards to a Theatrhythm: Kingdom Hearts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back