• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You The Animation Episode 10 “The Countless Wrongs of Our Day” Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KudoTsurugi

Awards
We’re officially in the endgame now with Episode 10 of the TWEWY anime, ‘The Countless Wrongs of Our Day’:
Shibuya is changing, its once diverse crowds are now full of people with eerie, identical thoughts, and not even the Reapers are immune. Through it all, Neku and Beat try to continue their desperate search for Konishi when a familiar face confronts them.
We’re nearing the end of Neku’s final week with this episode, with the true effects of the Red Skull pins rearing their ugly heads and the return of Minamimoto last episode. Let’s see how things pan out this week.

Have at it, folks!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I know that it furthered the story and everything by pointing out Hanekoma is doing the stuff and the red skull pins on everyone including Reapers, but it felt every filler which is a disappointment this late in the game. I'd feel fine if the last two episodes followed on with the ending of TWEWY but if they wanted to include the scenario of A New Day then I'm nervous they don't have the time unless they make a 42 minute episode.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Huh I wasn't expecting them to actually show Neku and Beat erase the grunt Reapers, it didn't feel that fitting in the games and even less fitting here in the anime. I think what makes it more jarring in the game, is that they had no issues erasing Reapers they had not bad experience with, but refused to do the same with ones where they had a frenemy relationship with despite Uzuki having done some really horrible stuff to them. In the anime they at least changed it to them figuring out that taking out the pin would stop the reapers from attacking.

I wasn't expecting the fight with Sho to end up being so one sided, but this does make their moment of doubt make more sense. I'm looking forward to seeing how they try and wrap it up in the next episodes. I'm guessing A New Day either wont be part of the anime or strongly truncated.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I mean, with all the other no-name Reapers constantly after the pair, and the O pins acting as a power boost/mind control device, I don’t think they had a choice at the time. And Beat does say he’s going to revive those lost in the long run once he becomes Composer.

Whether that actually happens or not, regardless of the endgame, remains to be seen but we’ll see how it goes once we get there.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I mean, with all the other no-name Reapers constantly after the pair, and the O pins acting as a power boost/mind control device, I don’t they had a choice at the time. And Beat does say he’s going to revive those lost in the long run once he becomes Composer.

Whether that actually happens or not, regardless of the endgame, remains to be seen but we’ll see how it goes once we get there.
Fair, i just didnt feel comfortable doing it when i played the game, knowing they are humans too trying to survive. But yeah, Beat did plan on reviving everyone lost.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Uhhhh, so…we might not be getting 12 episodes????

Kobayashi said the story ends today???????? I feel like he is wrong
Wait what? But everywhere i looked there are 12 listed, so unless we are getting a double episode this week, i cant see it ending now.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wait what? But everywhere i looked there are 12 listed, so unless we are getting a double episode this week, i cant see it ending now.
Me neither. I wonder if he meant TWEWY’s story ends today (which Uh that would be quite the rush)

Or just that we are at the endgame now?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Me neither. I wonder if he meant TWEWY’s story ends today (which Uh that would be quite the rush)

Or just that we are at the endgame now?
The endgame interpertation makes the most sense.
Considering what they still have to cover, it be really rushed, if it wrapped up in 20 min. Not that there wouldn't be enough content to fill an additional episode, if the main plot got covered in the next episode.

Back