• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You The Animation Episode 11 “The Hour of Reckoning” Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Neku and Beat race to the Shibuya River to take on Minamimoto and the Composer! But as the final days looms, they're still doomed unless they can track down Konishi. They've already looked everywhere in Shibuya; where could the Game Master be?​
Here we are at the penultimate episode!

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Interesting how they decided to combine the Kitaniji fights here. Instead of fighting him and Shiki in the club, we’re seeing that fight with him in his first Noise form instead. Also an interesting change with him absorbing Noise to gain his final form rather than absorb your partners for energy, though maybe they’re saving that for the finale.

Rhyme eating at Konishi’s shadow was kinda cute(om nom nom), as was Shiki’s reaction to being Neku’s entry fee. The Konishi fight was well done too, and having Beat be the one to free Rhyme is pretty satisfying.😊

Fingers crossed Shiki and Beat can wake up in time to help Neku out.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Um.. did Neku and Beat's power up turn Ryhme into a taboo noise or is my colorblindness tripping me up? I find it interesting that Shiki, Neku and Beat meet up in the white room instead of the sewers like in the game. Though honestly Shiki reappearing here makes more sense than it did in the sewers.

The interaction between Shiki and the group was really cute and I do like how they took the time to show how all the events have effected Beat, even if the moment where he has to process the info that the entrance fee was her memories of him was a bit cut short.

I'm amazed with how much they squeezed into this episode and it didn't even feel as rushed as I thought it would. Guess it makes sense for them to cut the Minamoto fight and to have them go to the final location directly after beating Konishi. With how the series is paced I wonder how much of Another Day might be included after all.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Um.. did Neku and Beat's power up turn Ryhme into a taboo noise or is my colorblindness tripping me up?
I think it just gave her a power-up. There was a slight colour change, but maybe that was her interacting with the shadows? Either way it wasn’t permanent as we see her in her normal colours after the fight.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
The previous episode bored me to death due to its lame direction and the absurd amount of flashbacks, so when this episode started with flashbacks right at the beginning I was 😤

Fortunately it turned out to be decent and they are handling the last battles alright. However, unlike the game where I like all the weeks around the same, I have no doubts that week 2 is the highlight of the anime for me.

Back