• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You - The Animation - Episode 4 ‘Reapers’ Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Neku's second game has begun. He may have experience, but the new Game Master is out for blood, and Neku can't fight without a partner. A mysterious boy named Joshua may be the help Neku needs, but can he be trusted?

KudoTsurugi

Awards
“Must.. not.. strangle.” I dunno why but that line sticks out in my mind when I think of Joshua. Looking forward to seeing how the episode turns out.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Finished the episode and I like the changes a lot. Fucking vicious opener. Really highlights the indifference Reapers have when it comes to Players. Also love all of the hints being dropped surrounding Joshua. Love that shitty crinkled receipt.

My favorite addition is the scene with Neku and Eri in the flower shop.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Wow the second week is way more brutal in the anime than it was in the game. I wasn't expecting Minamimoto to be this cruel towards all these new players. It was actually interesting, seeing all the other players of the first day and how uncertain they are about how to trust each other or their lack of knowledge on the rules not being able to be changed.

It's really nice how they're expanding on Eri and Shiki's relationship, it helps keep Shiki present outside of the first week. Hop e they continue doing little things like that to keep her relevant through out the season.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Agreed. I love that they’re keeping her relevant in the story, and that Eri seems to getting more of a focus she didn’t get in the game.
I also like how Neku isn’t told he got his memory back, but is able to piece it together.

It’s an interesting choice to have Joshua explain the decal on the 2nd week. I guess they’d have to explain it at some stage before we get the ramen story, but it works given his knowledge of the Game. Though I gotta admit, I miss him using his phone to summon objects, him using a telekinesis psych works just as well.

Kinda sad Neku wasn’t able to talk to Eri, but given the circumstances, it was probably for the best.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Joshua being a smug asshole like the game. Glad they didn't fail to deliver there. Also surprised they're expanding more on Shiki and even Eri like this. It was much more than the game. Not that I'm complaining.

HeartsProdigy

Awards
They really did Sho and Joshua's justice holy shit. Sho was just angry and crazy. The dude made like 3-4 Mission on the spot and growling like a freaking Lion at people. And Joshua is a smug bitch. Perfect.

Back