• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You - The Animation - Episode 7 ‘Joshua’ Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Neku's second game is nearly over, and he trusts his partner less than ever. What is the rebel Game Master Minamimoto planning, and will Neku be able to handle it if he keeps Joshua at arms length?

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
The animation of the final fight against Minamimoto was wild! I wish it had last longer. but overall the pacing was better than the first week.
Each week should have at least 5 episodes.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Just about to start watching but I think we are about to head into some backstory episodes to flesh characters out, which should please a lot of fans :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The final battle was awesome. I think the ending needed some room to breathe, though. I also think they should have ended on the twist that starts week 3 out for a more shocking conclusion but whatever xD

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I’m actually kinda glad they didn’t give away that twist for the entry fee. For the first time they did it, it made things more personal for Neku, but this time around it keeps new viewers in suspense to find out what it is next week.

Also, as if Sota and Nao’s deaths weren’t sad enough in the game, they portrayed it as them barely defeating the Noise but still wasn’t enough to save them 😭

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There's so much that I forgot about TWEWY so I'm glad the anime exists because I really can not stand the controls of Final Mix.

But Twitter told me that Rhyme is a Noise and she wasn't with Beat during week 2 so I wonder if that will be touched upon in the third week (maybe in episode 9?)

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Man seeing Nao and Sota get earased was hard. I still feel so sorry for them.

I really like how this anime has been adapting the game. I've been replaying the game along with the anime, trying to stay a bit ahead so I can better compare the two and have to say certain things I actually think the anime is handling better, like Nao and Sota.
Like chaser said I had forgotten a lot of the stories beats.like I remembered Minamimoto being a lot nicer than he actually was, kind of wonder how his darker nature will influence NEO.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Like chaser said I had forgotten a lot of the stories beats.like I remembered Minamimoto being a lot nicer than he actually was, kind of wonder how his darker nature will influence NEO.
Omg so it isn't just me watching the Anime and thinking "wait was Minamimoto always this unhinged?"

I just thought it was how I read his character through text as being semi-sane, but the anime turns his character up to 16 out of 10 on the crazy scale!!!

Having seen how he is in the anime and then looking at him being a party member in NEO I was like "wait, what the fuck? People like him???" because of how I had, I guess, mis-remembered his character 🤣😂

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
He was unhinged in the freaky math way. and it was way more clear in the game that his meddling with the Taboo Noise refinery sigil was making him more power hungry. The anime just said “mmm let’s just make him unhinged now” and skipped all of that development.

The anime also got rid of his eccentric genius artist thing and just made him pure crazy lol

With how limited the runtime of the show is, though, I’m not surprised his weird avant-garde performance art was put aside and just shows up as random trash heaps with no explanation during the Week 2 episodes.

The one thing I am hoping the show tries to address is Sho’s motivation.

TWEWY spoilers As we know, Sho was chosen by the Producer to be the backup plan, but we never really know why the Producer felt Sho was the best bet when even Sho views the world as garbage, a place lacking beauty, and it was only beautiful when he gave it meaning himself with his perfectly calculated trash heaps.

That is not so dissimilar to how Neku or even a certain person saw Shibuya. I suppose the only difference was that Neku changed his view and a certain person saw that and knew that Shibuya had changed as well. (Although I will also say that they had also changed, too.)

So why would the Producer be so desperate to rely on Sho? I don’t feel like they would put their last hope on a truly bad person...None of the Reapers are bad people, either. Maybe Konishi to a degree haha but really all of them were doing a job that would only continue to improve Shibuya.

I’m getting a bit too deep into the morality of thing, though. I’m gonna stop here and stew on these thoughts until NEO comes out haha

KudoTsurugi

Awards
That’s a good point about Minamimoto.

As for why the Producer, or at least a version of him since multiverse is a thing, would use him… I think it’s because he’s very unpredictable. Be it his “art”, his view of the world or his Imagination, he keeps people guessing and on their toes. Something the Producer probably thought would throw a wrench in the works but ultimately save Shibuya from erasure.

Back