• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You The Animation Episode 8 “Emergency Call” Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KudoTsurugi

Awards
We’ve made it to Episode 8 in the series and Neku’s 3rd week in the Reapers Game. Here’s the synopsis:
Neku’s final game has begun, and the Reapers are out to make sure he doesn’t stand a chance. With no partner and enemies on all sides, Neku will have to rely on help from an unexpected source against the cool and calculating new Game Master.

On a related note, Funimation have started sharing clips of the anime on their YouTube channel.

Also, while not technically related, it seems someone goofed on the thumbnail for the episode in the Funimation app😅 Last I checked, TWEWY doesn’t have mechas🤣 Though rest assured, the episode proper plays as intended.
5CD08E61-7041-493B-BFA1-5948579E762E.jpeg

In any case, have at it, folks!

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
The atmosphere for the third week is better here than in the game. We're reaching the climax and to give emphasis to that they made the sky cloudy.
In the game its always sunny.

This should be the easiest week to adapt when it comes to pacing, considering there's not much content.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
holy fuck that episode was intense.

777 ;~;

I also like how Beat isn't portrayed as a bullheaded idiot. He's got a moral code and he's smart in his own way. <3

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I like how they've handled this story segment, still hate seeing 777 die, they made it even worse here with him already having lost his friends and being such a decent guy.

Beat and Neku have one of those dynamics I really enjoy, I look forward to seeing it play out more in the coming episodes.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Yeah I definitely feel bad for 777 losing his band mates to the Taboo Noise, possibly even the Tech dude(can’t remember his name) too? That’s gotta be rough 😓

I like the choice of Beat telling Neku about Rhyme’s Noise from the get-go after they get a bit of room to breathe, as well as the idea of him looking out for Neku while working under Reapers. Very nice touch to his character 😄👍
Though I wasn’t expecting Konishi to absorb Rhyme into her body when taking Beat’s entry fee. I thought she would follow her game counterpart and crush Rhyme down to a pin.

Either way, it was another great episode, and I’m looking forward to seeing how they handled the rest of the week.

Last edited:

LostArtist

Awards
the thumbnail was messed up on hulu too, I was like wait a sec is that right? xD

Really glad that Beat came back on the player side with Neku and aww Rhyme's noise. It really feels like it's nearing the end with this Neku and Beat vs all the reapers/6 day mission thing. Such a different vibe from the first 2 times around.

Back