• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The X-Blade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Awards
So when I saw the X-Blade in BBS I noticed that it has two Kingdom Keys on it, however I thought the X-Blade was made of both light and darkness, so wouldn't it have made sense for one of those to be Kingdom Key D? Although I do realize it does look nicer with both of them being the same. What do you guys think?

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I think the Kingdom Key is directly connected to the true Kingdom Hearts, so perhaps that's why there are 2 Kingdom Keys fused together. Two, because two hearts were needed to create it. Other than that, I would love to hear an explanation from the official designers xD They sure know why they chose this design. It has 2 Kingdom Keys, a keychain representing a dark heart barred by 2 other Kingdom Keys (which pretty much suggests that the X-blade bars the way to the one true Kingdom Hearts), elements similar to rays of light (just like Ultima Weapon has), and then the sharp blade... All these may have hidden meanings.
OR not, perhaps the design got approved because it looked cool, wouldn't be the first time this happens in games
lol.gif

Anagram

Banned
I just think it looks like that because the Kingdom Key is iconic. DarkGrey Heroine has a point with it's keychain. The keychain looks like the heartless emblem.

VenTer

Awards
I have always wondered what the real X-blade looks like, Is it a being or a weapon that i alive on it's own protecting Kingdom Hearts? :confused:

Anagram

Banned
Those are actually good questions....it's hard to imagine it once had a wielder....maybe it wields itself? o_0

Anagram

Banned
Yeah that is what I'm thinking too. It wields on it's own. O_O

I can kinda picture some armor-like being that it manifests to wield itself. Which later became inspiration for keyblade armor.

VenTer

Awards
I can kinda picture some armor-like being that it manifests to wield itself. Which later became inspiration for keyblade armor.
Oh that's a good suggestion too. It must be a some kind of spirit of some sort controlling the armour. The 7 light and 13 darkness that makes he X-blade.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
Oh that's a good suggestion too. It must be a some kind of spirit of some sort controlling the armour. The 7 light and 13 darkness that makes he X-blade.
Wouldn't it make sense that as the companion key to Kingdom Hearts, the armor that wields the X-blade is the very will of Kingdom Hearts?
It's like how the worlds are sentient enough to make a pathway for Sora when he needs to go confront Xemnas.

Or how (going full nostalgia here) in Bionicle, the Mask of Life just made a toa body to defend itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back