• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► The Young Pope (TV MA Rated)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kounelli

Awards
The_Young_Pope.png
Wikipedia said:
The Young Pope is an English-language Italian television drama series created and directed by Paolo Sorrentino for Sky Atlantic, HBO, and Canal+. The series stars Jude Law and Diane Keaton.[1]
The series premiered on 21 October 2016 on Sky Atlantic in Italy. On 20 October 2016, Wildside producer Lorenzo Mieli announced that a second season of the series is in development.[2]

I haven't finished this series but I've caught about two episodes and the premise is a little intriguing. Coming from a family that values religious doctrines and history, I was always a little fascinated by the concept of the Vatican and how a fictional story would work with it. Jude Law plays an interesting character, even if he frustrated me a few times (The whole god-complex thing this character goes through is kind of annoying). If it's one thing I hate about HBO's shows however, is the liberal use of sexual content (including rape, incest, etc.), violence, etc. Sometimes it's just so unnecessary and thrown in for shock value that it makes their shows so unwelcoming and this show is no different. Not that filmmakers/show makers shouldn't be allowed to use that type of content in their stories, but it's a little bit much for me when used in the extremes that these shows have been known to use.

How you do all feel about this if you have seen it? Should more shows about religious affiliations be made, or are they overstepping their bounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back