• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Their Eyes !

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheForgottenHeart

What is with Kairi's, Sora's, Namine's, and BHK's eyes. All there eyes are the Icey Blue color. I understand that they might just have the same eye color but I just thought it was kinda weird how all four of them have the same color.

fantasygurl1227

I'm not normal, thanks for noticing
they don't have the same color eyes in fact they are really different
sora's eyes are a mix of dark blue and light blue
kairi's eyes are a mix of purple and blue (violet)
namine's eyes are aqua
and BHK are baby blue

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
This is just based on my experience, but Japanese animation tends to show certain physical cues to identify character traits. A few examples are hair (only applies in some cases, but bad characters' hair tends to cover their eyes and face), body build (good characters tend to look less intimidating than villains), and eye color. The last one, eye color, is generally the most subtle of the techniques they use, but it's also fairly important because of how much emphasis japanese animators tend to put on the eyes. Blue is in fact a color very often used to indicate good guys (though in some cases it can be used for important bad guys as well), and you'll notice that only Sora, Kairi, Namine, and BHK sport this color in the game. Riku's eyes are in fact, if I remember correctly, a very vibrant shade of green, and he had a role very different than that of Sora and the others (though not necessarily that of evil, at least before Ansem possessed him). Ansem himself I don't remember, but I thought it might be an odd goldish color.

This is, I must admit, a rather long and complicated post to answer that one question, but I think the reasoning is at least fairly sound.

fantasygurl1227

I'm not normal, thanks for noticing
i really don't think eye color is something we need to get carried away about selphe's eyes are light green and rikku's eyes were a mild green BHK friend thats a girl has green eyes. but if ur theory is true blue shaded eyes and green shaded eyes mostly represent good
but brown and gold and black eyes or just dark colored eyes are evil

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Of all of us, I'd say Keyblade Kid is the most likely to be right. As for any of the eye colors that I was wrong about, it's been awhile since I last saw any of the pictures. Could have sworn that Riku's were green though...

Regardless, my last note is that this certainly isn't probably something the creators did on purpose, nor is it even necessarily right. I just thought to point out that it is a possible theme that seems to run through many japanese-made characters, though it changes from game to game or show to show.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
Japanese characters in a mostly Japanese game with blue eyes. That is kinda strange . . . (It's not common to see Asian people with blonde hair or blue eyes)

TheForgottenHeart

crowmaster said:
since when is that relevant to the game??? the clothes ok, but the EYE COLOUR??? for the love of god. did you go through the movie ten times just to se their eyes??? you are so neeeerd!!

No one went through the movie ten times first of all. I was just sayin that they all have the same eye color, i didn't say it was significant in any way. I ain't sayin that since they all got blue eyes that they are connected, I was just saying it's weird that all for of them got blue eyes.

laath

meh.. They don't have the SAME color eyes... Just similar... Except for Namine and Kairi, of course. Exact color... But that was on purpose.

Non-Existant One

It's not so much the color of the eyes in most Japanese anime cartoons that determine weither a character is good or evil. It's usually how big, and, or narrow their eye's are. This is truely the case in some of the most traditional anime cartoons. Even today these basics techniques are still being used. Good guys tend to have big and or medium sized eyes. neutral characters tend to have medium sized eyes, and villians tend to have small narrow eyes.
this is a typical good characters eyes: http://io.uwinnipeg.ca/~lchorne1/images/tea_gardner.jpg
She is known for doing good deeds.
This is a typical neutral characters eyes: http://www.armchairempire.com/image...ex/ghost-shell-stand-alone-complex-vol1-1.jpg
She does both good and bad deeds.
This is the typical villians eye:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cozog/mal-3.jpg
He is known for doing nothing but evil deeds.
There! Case, proof, and point.
Oh! One more thing. If you check out some of the how to draw anime and manga sites they will say similar things and will provide similar pictures but of there own design.

KeybladeShadow88

SE- ok who brought the hat
steve (SE employe)- I did Bob
Bob ( original SE )- good, ok put in the colors
steve-k
Bob- ok and soras eyes are... drum role please... blue
everyone- HURRAY
steve-ok ok, now kairis
Bob- alrighty, kairis eyes are...oh look at that, blue
Everone- o cool what a coincidence
steve-alright, now how about riku
Bob- ok, and rikus eyes are.... blue-ish green
Everyone- hmmm, well ok.....
steve- how about some blonde for the sequal
Bob- ok, and some girls' for the sequals eye color is.... what the H*ll, blue
Everyone- ok what the crap is going on... owell I guess that it's just a coincidence

and that my friends is the story behind everyones eyes... hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back