• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Theory] 3D Box Art

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingdomon

rmHAH.jpg

Ok, so, today SE finnally revealed KH3D's beautiful boxart. So i got this thing in my mind.

Do you remember "Darkness Becomes Light, Light Falls Into Darkness" from the JF trailer? So... Look at Sora, Riku, & Mickey.
Riku looks like he's going up and has his eyes open. We know Riku has darkness inside him, right? So that is applied to the "Darkness Becomes Light" part. It seems like Riku is going to be freed from his darkness. But, Sora, look at that. He's falling and has his eyes closed.
Now look at Mickey. Looks like he wants to help, save Sora. We all know Sora uses light, so can we conclude that this fits in the "Light Falls into Darkness" part? I think so.
Now remember what Nomura said. "There will be a shocking ending". What would be more shocking in Kingdom Hearts than Sora losing his light and accepting the darkness? Besides, a lot of fans LOVE the idea of Sora falling into darkness. I find this acceptable, even though it's based on the boxart...

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I gotta say, if the shock ending IS Sora falling darkness I'm going to be disappointed. Unless they pull it off really well.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
We know Riku has darkness inside him, right? So that is applied to the "Darkness Becomes Light" part. It seems like Riku is going to be freed from his darkness.
The darkness within Riku isn't really something he needs nor wants to give up, considering how he managed to tame it.

But, Sora, look at that. He's falling and has his eyes closed.
Now look at Mickey. Looks like he wants to help, save Sora. We all know Sora uses light, so can we conclude that this fits in the "Light Falls into Darkness" part? I think so.
Now remember what Nomura said. "There will be a shocking ending". What would be more shocking in Kingdom Hearts than Sora losing his light and accepting the darkness?
I won't say it's impossible, although that seems too uncreative/easy to figure out for a "shocking ending."

Besides, a lot of fans LOVE the idea of Sora falling into darkness.

Really? I mean, I never found the idea of that to be that fascinating...Seems too cliche.

IAMSORA

i dont think we has to "succumb" to the darkness. i think he can simply get trapped in the Rod cuz of some shit YX caused. sora gets stuck there but riku does not, and sora meets aqua and ansem. KH3 can start with a roxas-like RIKU prologue where he and the king will rescue sora and i guess ansem and aqua. when riku finds sora in the RoD, we take over as sora. this allows for the whole "sora falls into darkness" thing, without completely changing his character.

it also allows for an awesome riku prologue in 3, and a great inner struggle of Riku's fear to rescue sora because he fears darkness and the RoD, and is helped by the king.

blueheart

Bronze Member
I'm a bit doubtful Sora would willingly accept the darkness. It might overwhelm him at one point, like with Terra, but he wouldn't outright let it in his heart.

I don't think "Falling" to darkness is the same as Accepting the darkness.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
i dont think we has to "succumb" to the darkness. i think he can simply get trapped in the Rod cuz of some shit YX caused. sora gets stuck there but riku does not, and sora meets aqua and ansem.

This is honestly what I think when I think of it. Sora gets sent to the RoD, Riku returns to the RoL.

Of course, this is all going by if the words are about Riku and Sora. It may just be me being hopeful, but I honestly kind of hope 3D's shocker ending revolves around Kairi somehow getting thrown into the RoD to meet Aqua & co. But that's just me~

IAMSORA

This is honestly what I think when I think of it. Sora gets sent to the RoD, Riku returns to the RoL.

Of course, this is all going by if the words are about Riku and Sora. It may just be me being hopeful, but I honestly kind of hope 3D's shocker ending revolves around Kairi somehow getting thrown into the RoD to meet Aqua & co. But that's just me~

i really hope its not kairi. all the evidence points to sora being the one in the RoD, and then i think Riku should rescue him

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
i really hope its not kairi. all the evidence points to sora being the one in the RoD, and then i think Riku should rescue him

True, I'm game for either. I just sort of want Kairi there because her teaming up with Aqua would be the best plot device right now in the series for her to become relevant, important, and the fighter SE is going to make her (most likely) in the best way. Like a Lightning-Hope situation!

But anyway, back to the OP. I see Sora falling to the RoD. But not to darkness. Too cliche, even for Disney. They can pull cliche things off amazingly well, but I don't see how that could be good at all.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
While I like the idea of Sora falling into darkness, I just can't see it happening. At least as the shocking ending.

IAMSORA

While I like the idea of Sora falling into darkness, I just can't see it happening. At least as the shocking ending.

he can fall into it, as long as he doesnt dive into it like riku in KH1.

to the people who will say sora becomes a darkness guy or whatever: it says light FALLS INTO darkness, not becomes it like D --> L
i think sora can simply be stuck there, and riku has to get him. great shocker ending

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I honestly kind of hope 3D's shocker ending revolves around Kairi somehow getting thrown into the RoD to meet Aqua & co. But that's just me~

I have been hoping for this exact scenario ever since Nomura first announced a "shocking ending" was in store for us. I think Kairi really should became a wielder eventually, but I think it is too difficult at this point in time to have anyone focus on her who isn't busy with something else. The only person who has time on their hands would probably be Aqua since she has had 10 years of wandering in the RoD. I would love an Aqua Kairi team-up as I am always one to love femme fatale teams.

As for the cover art, some people have mentioned that Sora has a similar pose to Ventus on the KHBbSFM boxart. If this is the case, perhaps part of Sora's heart will fall to darkness, and maybe Ventus will take over Sora's heart and control his body? That would be pretty shocking after they get out of the RoS, Riku asks Sora something and he has no idea where he is and says his name is "Ventus."

Axеl

Website
z7.invisionfree.com
As for the cover art, some people have mentioned that Sora has a similar pose to Ventus on the KHBbSFM boxart. If this is the case, perhaps part of Sora's heart will fall to darkness, and maybe Ventus will take over Sora's heart and control his body? That would be pretty shocking after they get out of the RoS, Riku asks Sora something and he has no idea where he is and says his name is "Ventus."

This is probably the most shocking concept I've seen so far. Maybe short of Vanitas since that would be something of a stretch, but this tugs more at my emotions and is less GOD SORA GET THAT CRAP OUTTA YOU and more AW MAN NO HOW DO WE FIX THIS?

Domination

Awards
I totally agree. By the way, that would probably be one of the most beautiful boxarts i have ever laid eyes upon.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
i can see mickey trying to save sora (which he appears to be doing in the box art)

but with all the worrying about sora, whats riku gonna do with the light now that sora has the darkness?

i hope they handle this well with the story and plot twists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back