• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory for a KH3 Final Mix

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
WAIIIT. Before you start jumping on my throat stating that Nomura said there won't be a final mix, let me say: I agree. I don't care about the title. However I have a theory I want to submit.

First of all, we got this interview during the release of ReMind:
1585930586639.png

So, I will assume that there will be some sort of a definitive edition of KH3 on ps5.
My theory will show you that it might be possible that this definitive edition will modify a bit the order of the scenes in order to fit ReMind during the final battle of the main story.

Two things makes me think that:
1. Remind forces us to replay the fight against all 13 darknesses with new scenes. Okay. That's fine. People who bought ReMind needed to refresh their memories maybe. But what if that was just a cheap plot trick to allow people to view the new content without having to restart a new game? What if that's not the final form of the scenario?

2. Remember this moment?
Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 18.28.08.jpg

Did you understand what happened? Xehanort charges an attack, Sora dies. Then Donald and Goofy bring him to life? Then Sora wakes up like nothing happened and wins???I was as confused as during the Tear in Time that happened against the Deamon Tide. And what if that was moment was supposed to be a second Tear in Time?

Bear with me for a moment. Here is how I imagine the definitive edition of KH3 could present to us the ReMind scenario. Note that I will simply rearrange the scenes without modifying them.

INTRO OF REMIND:
These scenes could be dispatched as interlude in the main game. No need for them to be the intro of remind.

MAIN SCENARIO KEYBLADE GRAVEYARD:
Keyblade graveyard will contain all the new scenes of ReMind as well as the playable characters.
- For Riku vs Xigbar/Riku Replica it works as there is no influence from future Sora
- For Mickey vs Marluxia/Larxene/Luxord it works as well.
- For Aqua/Ventus vs Vanitas/Terranort it works as well.
- For Riku/Mickey vs Ansem/Xemnas/YoungXehanort it works as well.
- Only Axel/Kairi vs Xemnas/Saix could be a problem. In this scene, future Sora dives into his heart and frees Roxas and Xion before trying to retrieve the Recusant sigil from Xemnas. This could simply be regular Sora who does that, the same way he did it for Ven. No need for it to be future Sora.
Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 18.46.09.jpg
So you see that all the keyblade graveyard could be integrated into the main scenario.Now what about the final boss?

MAIN SCENARIO FINAL BOSS
One thing I find annoying in ReMind is that the gorgeous fight when you control all the gardians happens AFTER the player already defeated xehanort. This destroy all the climax in my opinion. Imagine how gorgeous it could be if this was added as part of the final boss. Here are the changes.

- Sora tries to defeat Xehanort with Donald and Goofy.
- Xehanort charges its attack and defeat Sora.
Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 18.28.08.jpg

- NOW comes the change. Sora arrives in the final world again and Chirithy explains the power of waking.
1585932541607.png

- Sora travels back in time and visits the station of everyone until the fight with Xehanort and Lingering Will. Sora gets taken by the darkness until Terra's heart saves him. No Keyblade Graveyard. Sora simply sees Kairi getting killed again and arrives back at Scala.
1585932712508.png great oportunity to explore a bit

- Fight of the Gardians: Badass music. This is great in my opinion as there is still a lot of suspens since we never saw they survived nor xehanort being defeated.
1585932772658.png

- Kairi brought back and final strike against xehanort.
1585932876324.png

- Sora wakes up with Donald and Goofy having used the Power of Waking to change the course of history again, he finally gets the strength to defeat Xehanort.
1585932966375.png 1585933176593.png
End of the game where Sora tells that Kairi is out there alone in the Final World and will bring her back. And of course, we immediately see the second ending.
1585933031699.png

That's it. I would like to hear your thought about that. It's not perfect. There are of course some inconsistencies, but this new arrangement of scenes adds a better climax in my opinion and could happen. Remember, no scene was modified. Only their location in the main story.

okhi12

Awards
ReMind can be a bit confusing but changing the order of the scenes would complicate things further instead of making it easier to understand because we already know an established order of events.

I understand what you say about the better climax, though. Having the guardians vs replicanorts and the Sora & Kairi vs Goat Xehanort fights after Master Xehanort has been defeated for good really diminishes the impact value of those battles and scenes. But in the end those battles are nothing more than (pretty good) fanservice and don't really add much in terms of narrative... they can stay as they are and it's OK like that.

To be honest, I'd prefer the development teams focusing their efforts in next installments of the series rather than wasting time and resources trying to fix some of the remaining issues about KH3.

AegisXIII

Awards
Yes I understand. This is just a theory to challenge the writing. It's always healthy to review stuff like that. Remind is a great dlc that fulfilled his objectives and my expectations. However, I always care about how the game will be remembered in the long term. Like kh2 where no one remembers the vanilla version, it would be great for Kh3 to be this polished piece that could live on for future players. But to that, you cannot offer twice the same segment in less than 3 hours of gameplay. The dlc should not be made for people who played the game one year ago. It should be made for any player and its format should not dictate the narration.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Personally I just wish the DLC wasn't stuck behind a separate menu and just sort of...fit into the main game like all the other final mixes. But I completely understand how that doesn't really work this time. With time travel you almost HAVE to play through things twice.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Personally I just wish the DLC wasn't stuck behind a separate menu and just sort of...fit into the main game like all the other final mixes. But I completely understand how that doesn't really work this time. With time travel you almost HAVE to play through things twice.
I spent like 30 minutes trying to figure out what the ReMIND DLC actually was. I was convinced that the Xigbar/Luxord scene from the trailer was going to appear during the story while in Olympus. So I was trying to figure out whether I had to start a new game or just play ReMIND to get the new stuff.

D

Deleted member 252753

I think particularly having to choose a different option for each part of the DLC makes it all feel disconnected in a weird way when it's all part of the same story.

AegisXIII

Awards

Yes I agree. Although my point is that the keyblade graveyard section could simply not involve time travel at all and the scenes would have been the same. Time travel could simply start at Scala and the keyblade graveyard would be merged with the main story. Sora restoring Roxas heart is no different than ventus.

Ah, the pacing. Why such a weird pacing? I don't like it when dlc format dictates the narration.

And I also agree that having to go to a separate menu to play it blocks this feeling of progression. Although one good thing, we can keep our stats, unlike with FFXV dlc.

D

Deleted member 252753

I was thinking about the menu and how it's unavoidable and I was thinking that it might be a little better if the menu was 'disguised' in the actual game.

So maybe once you have beaten the main game and you reload the completed save file and go to the end of the Keyblade Graveyard, there will be a new portal next to the one taking you to Scala. This portal will take you to the additional scenario and then two more portals can be added for the Limitcut and Secret Episode.

I know it wouldn't make complete sense but I think something like that would fit the game better than a normal menu screen.

AegisXIII

Awards
I was thinking about the menu and how it's unavoidable and I was thinking that it might be a little better if the menu was 'disguised' in the actual game.

So maybe once you have beaten the main game and you reload the completed save file and go to the end of the Keyblade Graveyard, there will be a new portal next to the one taking you to Scala. This portal will take you to the additional scenario and then two more portals can be added for the Limitcut and Secret Episode.

I know it wouldn't make complete sense but I think something like that would fit the game better than a normal menu screen.
Yes the portal idea would improve a lot. Then you could also grab the missing chests in scala.
Same for limit cut.

Back