• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: Ienzo is the child who inherits the Book of Prophecies.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalRaine

I've been thinking about who the identities of the remaining 2 Union leaders could be, and while a part of me believes they're going to be completely new characters, and another part of me has come to the conclusion that one of them may be Ienzo. Here are reasons why I believe this may be the case:

1) Zexion's weapon is a book. The majority of the Organization's weapons tend to be based on weapons they wielded in their previous lives. If Ienzo had the Book of Prophecies in his possession, then it makes sense that Zexion would wield a book as a weapon.

2) Zexion's attribute is the power of Illusion. Ephemer states that the Book of Prophecies can conjure illusions, as the worlds in KHX are in actuality illusions conjured by the book.

3) Both Zexion's weapon and attribute were kept a secret before reCoM. His gravestone in KH2 is destroyed so you cannot see the weapon he possesses. Why is that?

4) The death of Ienzo's parents. For a character that doesn't have much screen time or (seemingly) much importance to the plot, Ienzo has the most tragic backstory of any character in the series. If Ienzo was from Daybreak Town, then his parents would most certainly have perished along with everyone else in the world.

5) Ienzo's very young age in comparison to the rest of the Organization is suspicious; Ienzo is far younger than the other 'somebodies' of the Organization. The Master of Masters specifically says that a child will inherit the Book of Prophecies, and Ienzo certainly fits the bill.

6) Zexion was held to as high regard in the Organization as Saix by Xemnas. In the Character's Report Vol. 2, Nomura wrote:

'Zexion
As he shares something like a master-servant or teacher-student relationship with Xemnas, like Saix, he is a character with strong connections. While he was the superior in that regard, perhaps that was ultimately his downfall. It is likely that if Marluxia and Axel had not betrayed him in Castle Oblivion, he would have played a central role within the Organisation.
--Nomura'

Possible counter arguments:

1) Ventus became Xehanort's apprentice at least 4 years before the events of BBS, meaning he could not have been any older than 11 during the events of KHUX. Assuming Ienzo was sent to the timeline at the same time as Ventus, that would make him around 6 or 7 years old during KHUX, which seems far too young to be a Keyblade wielder, let alone a Union leader.

2) Ventus didn't recognise Ienzo in Radiant Garden. If Ienzo had been one of the 5 leaders, then Ventus certainly would have recognised him when they met. However, amnesia is a very efficient plot device, so...

Let me know what you think - feel free to add anything, or just tear it apart! :wink:

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I came into this going "oh, god damn it, another guess-work theory", but, wow. This actually is a pretty good theory. Another counterargument could be the fact that he had to be a keyblade wielder to be one to inherit the book of prophecies, since one of the union leaders was the one to inherit the book, and we haven't seen him wield a keyblade yet. Also, Ventus probably didn't come from the X era. Daybreak Town is most likely "sleeping", Ven is "sleeping", there's some sort of connection there most likely. I think Nomura is trying to make that connection pretty obvious, although he could throw us for a loop at the last second.

CrystalRaine

I came into this going "oh, god damn it, another guess-work theory", but, wow. This actually is a pretty good theory. Another counterargument could be the fact that he had to be a keyblade wielder to be one to inherit the book of prophecies, since one of the union leaders was the one to inherit the book, and we haven't seen him wield a keyblade yet. Also, Ventus probably didn't come from the X era. Daybreak Town is most likely "sleeping", Ven is "sleeping", there's some sort of connection there most likely. I think Nomura is trying to make that connection pretty obvious, although he could throw us for a loop at the last second.

Yeah, that's a good point about the Keyblade and (stupidly) never occurred to me - though knowing Nomura, anything's possible! It's just the fact that he wields a book and has power over illusion that makes me think it's almost impossible for it to just be a coincidence; plus the fact that he was the only member whose weapon and attribute was a secret. It all fits into place; whether or not he is 'the chosen one' so to speak, there's definitely more to Ienzo than we might have initally realised.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Yeah, that's a good point about the Keyblade and (stupidly) never occurred to me - though knowing Nomura, anything's possible! It's just the fact that he wields a book and has power over illusion that makes me think it's almost impossible for it to just be a coincidence; plus the fact that he was the only member whose weapon and attribute was a secret. It all fits into place; whether or not he is 'the chosen one' so to speak, there's definitely more to Ienzo than we might have initally realised.

I agree, I still think this theory holds a bit of water to it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I have to tip my hat here as this is certainly an intriguing theory that has quite some good and possibly true points to it.
Kudos for thinking this up.

Now for the counterarguments:
1) Ventus became Xehanort's apprentice at least 4 years before the events of BBS, meaning he could not have been any older than 11 during the events of KHUX. Assuming Ienzo was sent to the timeline at the same time as Ventus, that would make him around 6 or 7 years old during KHUX, which seems far too young to be a Keyblade wielder, let alone a Union leader.

2) Ventus didn't recognise Ienzo in Radiant Garden. If Ienzo had been one of the 5 leaders, then Ventus certainly would have recognised him when they met. However, amnesia is a very efficient plot device, so...

Let me know what you think - feel free to add anything, or just tear it apart! :wink:

For 1), we do not really know neither Ienzo's nor Zexion's actual physical age during BBS and if he is really that much younger than Ventus. People who are generally short do exist and if he really is just 9/10 in BBS that could also mean that he was not sent to the timeline at the same time as Ventus but later on.

For 2), amnesia actually is the explanation as Ventus is confirmed to have lost all his memory from before he came to Land of Departure, meaning in BBS proper Ventus as only the memories of the four years spent in LoD together with Eraqus, Aqua and Terra. He does regain some buried memories later in BBS due to both Xehanort being creepy as usual to him and due to Vanitas triggering some, but as far as we know these regained memories were only about parts of Ventus' training with Xehanort (if that can be called "training") and the creation of Vanitas.
There is no mention of Ven regaining any other old memories.

As for the Keyblade thing, who knows if Ienzo's memory hasn't been tampered with as well or if it is generally somehow messed up?
If one doesn't remember he/she can wield he/she won't be able to summon his/her blade so that could be a possible explanation.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
[video=youtube;XAdDUXRCR-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAdDUXRCR-I[/video]

If you skip to 10:54, you can see Xigbar talking to Zexion about Xemnas' origins. Why does Zexion need to know about any of this if he's a failed Xehanort vessel? Unless he's trying to recover suppressed memories?

Hirokey123

Awards
[video=youtube;XAdDUXRCR-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAdDUXRCR-I[/video]
If you skip to 10:54, you can see Xigbar talking to Zexion about Xemnas' origins. Why does Zexion need to know about any of this if he's a failed Xehanort vessel? Unless he's trying to recover suppressed memories?

Zexion was basically Xemnas's right hand, his golden boy, his most loyal pawn, the kid being groomed to take over running the organization from Saix. I think Xigbar just figured if anyone had information on Xemnas's secrets it would be Zexion. Braig later does the exact same thing but grills Xehanort's youngest incarnation for information believing that maybe the young kid has info on Xehanort's goals.

Hakan Xatos

Awards

Zexion was basically Xemnas's right hand, his golden boy, his most loyal pawn, the kid being groomed to take over running the organization from Saix. I think Xigbar just figured if anyone had information on Xemnas's secrets it would be Zexion. Braig later does the exact same thing but grills Xehanort's youngest incarnation for information believing that maybe the young kid has info on Xehanort's goals.

Exactly the reason. When Axel returns from CO he says the traitors are disposed of and that he killed Zexion meaning they were separate issues. After Saix leaves, Axel later comments on how he cleared the way for him which implies that Zexion wasn't a traitor but a threat of being Xemnas' right hand.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Exactly the reason. When Axel returns from CO he says the traitors are disposed of and that he killed Zexion meaning they were separate issues. After Saix leaves, Axel later comments on how he cleared the way for him which implies that Zexion wasn't a traitor but a threat of being Xemnas' right hand.

I suppose that's justified reasoning. But an alternate idea came into my mind...

What if Ienzo is the Luxu of the new Unions? the one to watch over on behalf of the new "Master"? Luxu wasn't assigned to be a Forteller, and his Keyblade was gifted to him by the Master of Masters. What if Ienzo was chosen to be the Luxu for Ephemer? And that his fascination with the Tome of Prophecy causes disharmony in the new world?

CrystalRaine

I seldom double post, but because Blaine is a thing now, I genuinely believe in this theory.

i actually can't believe it! Whenever I theorise about stuff I'm usually WAY off the mark, so this was a bit of a shock for me!

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I hope this doesn't mean another Zexion fight in KH3 though xD He's seriously annoying to beat. This theory is actally possible now, that's cool.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
i actually can't believe it! Whenever I theorise about stuff I'm usually WAY off the mark, so this was a bit of a shock for me!

Congratulations on this theory. It had a lot of substance to it, and the coincidences were coincidental enough to be further tied into the lore. Speaking of which, let's re-evaluate your two counter-arguments.

Possible counter arguments:

1) There's an alternate theory that someone made in which each of the Dandelions were fractured into different pockets of time, a.k.a, different eras. With this theory, it could be assumed that Blaine was transmitted to a more recent pocket of time than Ventus was. And the consequence of being placed to a different pocket of time meant that their memories were wiped.

2) Now that we (hypothetically) know that Blaine is the persona that Ienzo used during the era of Kingdom Hearts X, it's no surprise that Ventus was unable to recognise him. They're both dressed differently enough to not see the correlation. Plus, the name Ienzo may have been given by Ansem the Wise to begin with.

I hope this doesn't mean another Zexion fight in KH3 though xD He's seriously annoying to beat. This theory is actally possible now, that's cool.

Trust me, Dream Drop Distance pretty much confirmed that Ienzo is definitely with the heroes. Something really left would have to occur in order for him to be an antagonist again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back