• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: Lauriam is from the future

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zetsumei

Awards
As this months main story update is fast approaching, and more Lauriam reveals seem to be on the horizon, I thought it would be a good time to get this theory out there that I've had in my head for awhile now.

So the theory is that the Lauriam that we have come to know in Union Cross is actually his future self from after the events of KH3. Upon his defeat in KH3, Marluxia seems to remember his past stating "So now it all comes back to me". He goes on to say that "I am on the cusp of reclaiming my identity ... my purpose for being" before fading away.

After the revelation in Ux that Lauriam is actually Strelitizia's older brother, we can infer that his "purpose for being" likely has something to do with the fact he was once a Union Leader of the Dandelions, and that he never solved the mystery surrounding her death. But this fact alone is not enough to make the leap that Lauriam actually time traveled to the past to resolve unfinished business. So here are a few things which I believe we can point to as evidence that this is the case.

Lauriam's Hidden Agenda:

From the very first time Lauriam makes an appearance in Union Cross, he is portrayed as having some ulterior agenda that he is keeping hidden from the other Dandelion leaders. While most of the other leaders seem focused on performing their roles, trying to sort out the contents of their rulebooks, and so on, Lauriam seems to have a singular motive separate from the others and barely seems interested in his role as a Dandelion leader. When assembling for the first time at the keyblade graveyard, Lauriam is the last to arrive. Apologizing for holding up the others, Lauriam explains "there was something I needed to find."

RKgHnPP.png

As events progress to the meeting over Shift Pride, Lauriam is absent and Brain assures the others that the meeting can proceed with out him, suggesting that Lauriam trusts Ephemer's judgment and will agree with whatever Ephemer decides. When Lauriam finally arrives, we learn that he has been out investigating Strelitzia's disappearance. Ephemer, pleased that Lauriam had arrived and could voice his own opinion afterall begins to ask Lauriam for his input on Shift Pride, but is immediately interrupted by Lauriam who begins interrogating Skuld about Strelitzia and brushing off Ephermer completely. Lauriam clearly has no interest in discussing matters which in his eyes are trivial concerns. It's likely that Brain is aware of what Lauriam is up to as a result of reading the Book of Prophecies, which is why he had no problem with dismissing Lauriam's absence.

pZiZqfc.jpg

In more recent events we learn that Lauriam's investigations have even led him to become aware of secret rooms in the tower that presumably the other leaders were unaware of.

LnBZo7P.png

In short, it's clear that Lauriam is spending all of his time and energy searching for answers to what happened to his sister. This on it's own however, is still not enough to say that Lauriam is from the future. What's important to note here is that he is clearly very motivated to solve the mystery, and has little to no regard towards his responsibilities as a Union Leader.

Lauriam's missing time:

When Lauriam encounters Elrena for the first time, he explains that he is looking for information about his sister and came to ask about her, knowing that Elrena used to go on missions with Strelitzia occasionally. Lauriam explains that the last time he saw his sister was before the keyblade war. He had convinced her to join the Dandelions, but after that he really didn't have much interactions with her and that he suddenly realized he hadn't seen her in a long time.

GyaPYVq.jpg

Ut5pq5v.jpg

Lauriam felt it was important enough to convince his sister to join the Dandelions, likely because he also knew what would happen to the wielders who did not join, much like Strelitzia herself learned after being appointed a Union Leader by Ava. This suggests that Lauriam was recruited by Ava and appointed a Union Leader much earlier than Strelitzia was herself. What's peculiar is that after convincing her to join, Lauriam says he "didn't have many chances to see her after that", indicating that circumstances for whatever reason prevented him from seeing her and then he "suddenly realized that it had been awhile that I've seen her at all". What Lauriam seems to be saying here is that he was separated from his sister for a period of time and had actually forgotten about her completely until one day he suddenly remembered her. This sounds an awful lot like what happens to someone who became a nobody and then was subsequently re-completed.

What I think happened is Lauriam originally became a Nobody sometime after convincing his sister to join the Dandelions, and the circumstances of his transformation are what also resulted in him arriving in the future. Upon being re-completed at the end of KH3, Lauriam remembered his sister and went back in time to find out what happened to her. What's unclear is whether or not Lauriam also remembered Strelitzia after being defeated at Castle Oblivion. Since he rejoined the organization in KH3 and became a Nobody once more, it would seem that for whatever reason his memories of Strelitzia did not return. A possible explanation could be that Castle Oblivion's property of forcing memory loss prevented his memories of Strelitizia from returning at this time.

Lauriam's Knowledge of the Future:

So if Lauriam did arrive from the future then we should expect him to have knowledge of the future that the others do not. And indeed we can find evidence that Lauriam is aware of things that do not occur until much later in the future. While one could argue that it's possible that he could have read the Book of Prophecies, I think it's unlikely that Brain would be so careless as to let the book out of his sight long enough for someone to read it without him knowing.

The first clue we get about Lauriam's knowledge comes when Ephemer is explaining his idea to use data copies of the wielders to participate in Shift Pride instead of the wielders actually fighting each other. Brain comments that this is a clever idea, but perhaps too clever for Ephemer to have come up with it by himself. Ephemer explains that actually the idea came from Lauriam, who told him that not only were data copies of the worlds created but copies of all the wielders were created as well. The fact Lauriam was able to so easily arrive at this conclusion while Ephemer was not, suggests that Lauriam may have had prior knowledge that such a thing was even possible in the first place.

Another perhaps more conclusive example, comes when Lauriam questions our character after being introduced to us by Ephemer. Before leaving, Lauriam says to our player "This may not make much sense to you, but keep my sister in your heart."

bv1ORXP.jpg

tt6PDqp.jpg

Indeed this doesn't make much sense, until you start to piece together all of Lauriam's actions.

Back in the scene with Ephemer after giving him the idea for Shift Pride, Lauriam turns to leave and Ephemer stops him and asks where he's going. Lauriam replies that he's looking for someone who was supposed to have been a Dandelion, but that he can't find them anywhere, so he's searching the data instead. We of course know by now that the person he's looking for is Strelitzia.

iQJm5HM.jpg

7EP7PJG.jpg

The fact that Lauriam says he's looking for someone, explains that data of every keyblade wielder was copied before the keyblade war, and says that he's searching that data because he can't find the real person he's looking for, all in the same scene, to me is a solid clue that Lauriam isn't just searching for information on his sister, but is actually looking for a way to access the data of his sister that was copied along with all the other wielders before the keyblade war. But what would he do with this data when he found it ? Remember what Lauriam asked of our player when he spoke with us earlier ? Now let's put these two pieces together.

In Kingdom Hearts 3, we learned that data can be used to create a replica of a person, however data alone is not enough to bring that person back. As Roxas explained upon his return, a connection to the hearts of his friends was also required. Xion also returned in a similar fashion, using the data from Vexen's replica program, and the memories that had been stored in Sora's heart.

I think Lauriam traveled to the past, not only to find his sister's killer, but also find a way to bring her back. Armed with his knowledge of the replica program from the future, Lauriam went looking for his sister's data, then leveraging the strong bond that Strelitzia had formed with our player character, would be able to bring his sister back to life.

TLDR
I believe Lauriam time traveled to the future due to unknown circumstances prior to the keyblade war, resulting in him becoming a Nobody and losing his memories of the past. Upon being re-completed at the end of KH3, his memories returned. Lauriam then separated his heart from his body once more in order to travel to the past in an effort to not only discover the truth of his sister's death, but find a way to bring her back as well. His plan is to recover her data that was copied prior to the keyblade war, and leverage her connection with the player to restore her using a replica.

Side note: As this iteration of Daybreak town and the events contained within it take place within a datascape, it's equally possible that the simulation data could have been discovered and accessed in the present time period (post-KH3) and Lauriam simply inserted his own data into the simulation to figure out what happened that way. If this is the case, then time travel would not be necessary, and the potential for Strelitzia to be restored using a replica actually becomes more likely in this scenario.

These things always end up being longer than I want them to, so apologies that it took this long to explain. If you made it this far, I appreciate you and hope you enjoyed. Looking forward to this next update to see if any of this starts to make sense! :)

Last edited:

LoneFox

Awards
You are seeing the same connections as I am, but you are interpreting them in a completely different way. Your way has an obvious problem: KH3 Marluxia is about 30 years old, while KHUX Lauriam is still a teenager. Other than that, here is how I see it:

Lauriam felt it was important enough to convince his sister to join the Dandelions, likely because he also knew what would happen to the wielders who did not join, much like Strelitzia herself learned after being appointed a Union Leader by Ava. This suggests that Lauriam was recruited by Ava and appointed a Union Leader much earlier than Strelitzia was herself.
Perhaps not so much earlier. Lauriam may not have been that easy to recruit. Think of his personality: He would want to fight in the war, because he would see it as an opportunity. Of course, all Ava needed to do is to mention that he is going to be one of the new leaders, that would get him interested. But it may have taken some time for her to understand this.

(Side note: Compare this to how the others reacted to being selected as leaders!)

It's likely that Brain is aware of what Lauriam is up to as a result of reading the Book of Prophecies, which is why he had no problem with dismissing Lauriam's absence.
Brain hasn't read the book. He promised to Ava to not open it until the time is right...

While one could argue that it's possible that he could have read the Book of Prophecies, I think it's unlikely that Brain would be so careless as to let the book out of his sight long enough for someone to read it without him knowing.
...which means Lauriam doesn't even know that Brain has the book. The others didn't know either until Brain showed it to them a couple of updates ago. However, there are other copies of the book.

What's peculiar is that after convincing her to join, Lauriam says he "didn't have many chances to see her after that", indicating that circumstances for whatever reason prevented him from seeing her and then he "suddenly realized that it had been awhile that I've seen her at all".
The previous English update confirmed that fates of the leaders are in the book. Now, if the book said that one of them is going to mysteriously disappear just as the war is beginning, wouldn't Ava try to prevent it from happening? But it's clear she didn't do anything to protect Strelitzia, so someone must have changed the future.

So, what does the book say, and what does the Fox say? :)

I think the most likely answer is that the book said Lauriam was going to disappear. Ava warned him, and he went hiding. This prevented him from meeting Strelitzia that morning, offering help to persuade the Player Character to join the Dandelions, going into the building, and being attacked instead of her. Remember, Luxu's secret report suggests Lauriam is the impostor, and his information is likely from the book as well.

(Side note: Was creation of Vanitas part of MoM's plan? If it was, Ven has to get involved here, and this means a replacement was supposed to happen. If it wasn't part of the plan, then who else could have put the proto-Vanitas inside Ven's heart and why?)

Then, after the fight with Luxu, Ava realized what she had done. Maybe she noticed that the book had changed, or maybe she went to meet Gula to ask about the contents of the Lost Page and arrived to the murder scene a few moments after it had happened. Either way, she couldn't do anything herself to help Strelitzia, so she went to meet Lauriam. She didn't tell him about what had happened, because it would just cause him to panic. Instead she said something like this:

Ava: I'm not allowed to show this to you. I have already told you too much, (She puts the book away) but the rules don't forbid you from picking up my belongings once the war is over and I'm gone.

Apologizing for holding up the others, Lauriam explains "there was something I needed to find."
Ava's body and her Book of Prophecies.

Then he got more than a little bit over-excited by the book and this caused his out-of-character behavior, including disinterest in leader duties, and failing to notice Strelitzia's disappearance until some time later.

Lauriam says to our player "This may not make much sense to you, but keep my sister in your heart."
I had completely forgotten about this. I wonder how literally we should take it?

BTW, I seem to remember replicas ("artificial people" or something like that) being mentioned somewhere in KHUX, but I can't find it. Is it hidden somewhere in the middle of Disney filler, or is my memory playing tricks on me? In any case I need to find a way to organize this stuff in a way that makes finding things a lot easier...

Zetsumei

Awards
Brain hasn't read the book. He promised to Ava to not open it until the time is right...

Brain has read the book already, probably in its entirety.

From the very first time they meet up in the tower, Brain picks up the book on the Master's table and starts reading it immediately. You can see this is the BoP as it is blue not green like the rulebooks and has the Master's insignia on it.

Ven even comments in the scene where Brain declares that he will become the virus, that Brain is always reading that book.
tR4vBE9.png

LoneFox

Awards
Brain has read the book already, probably in its entirety. From the very first time they meet up in the tower, Brain picks up the book on the Master's table and starts reading it immediately.
This has been discussed before, both here and on other forums. I believe the consensus to be that ignorant developers are using the Book of Prophecies asset for regular books.

Back