• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: LS is... *Spoilers*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emass

So here's my theory:

Lingering Sentiment is an Unversed.

What's my reasoning? Well if you've seen the final ending and secret ending to BbS then you know that Terra isn't actually trapped in his armor, but he's still in Terranort. There's no Heartless/Nobody stuff goin on here so that's ruled out. Plus there's the idea that MX only took over Terra's body. He didn't actually boot Terra's heart outta his body.

So there's some strong evidence that Terra's still inside of Terranort/Xehanort. Then there's the fact that we don't really know how the heck the Unversed are made. What we do know is that they feed off of negative emotions and are obviously somehow tied to the darkness. Also, LS said that his hatred is all he had left. So wouldn't that mean that he's feeding off of his own negative emotions and that's all that he's got to sustain him?

Lastly, there's the fact that Vanitas' "LS" is the secret boss of the game. It looks just like Vanitas except that it's black and white, not black and red. He's got an Unversed symbol on him and he's definitely been described as Vanitas' LS (idk if that's official or not).

So in summary, LS is an Unversed and so that would mean that the Unversed are actually all lingering sentiments. So wouldn't that mean that the Unversed are created by strong negative emotions left behind when people die/get pwned like Terra/get turned into Heartless/Nobodies (not sure about this last one, but maybe)?

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
i'm not so sure about your theory, vanitas was the source of the unversed and since he's gone, there aren't any unversed anymore. There is a possibility he will return, but LS in my opinion is definitely not an Unversed. Unversed don't think and speak like LS did in final mix, so i say that's a no go

Emass

We don't really know that though. None of the Heartless speak except for Ansem SoD and none of the Nobodies speak except for Organization XIII. How do we know that LS isn't at the same caliber as them. Idk if Vanitas' Unversed speaks, but there's not really any reason for him to speak to Aqua, is there?

Plus, just the fact that Vanitas has an Unversed disproves that he isn't the source of the Unversed. How can the source of the Unversed become an Unversed after he's destroyed. What you're saying doesn't make sense and doesn't line up with what BbS is showing us (provided that we only know what we see and read since we can't understand Japanese).

caiomelow

Website
www.twitter.com
i'm not so sure about your theory, vanitas was the source of the unversed and since he's gone, there aren't any unversed anymore. There is a possibility he will return, but LS in my opinion is definitely not an Unversed. Unversed don't think and speak like LS did in final mix, so i say that's a no go

Normal heartless and normal nobodies aren't supposed to talk aswell. Like there are special nobodies and special heartless (Ansem SoD) there could be a special Unversed (created by a very strong sentiment that left from the original heart/body)

Yezen

LS could be anything. Kingdom Hearts doesn't follow it's own rules. It invents new rules to bypass old ones.
But I like your theory. Especially considerig that the secret boss Vanitas indicates that Vanitas may be coming back.

Mitchman

LS is Terra's soul trapped in the armor. Unversed cannot exist seeing how Vanitas doesn't exist. I dunno what's so hard to understand about these two new enlightments.

Emass

LS is Terra's soul trapped in the armor. Unversed cannot exist seeing how Vanitas doesn't exist. I dunno what's so hard to understand about these two new enlightments.

Like I said, we don't know that the Unversed are actually created by Vanitas. Maleficent controls Heartless, but she's not a Heartless and they certainly don't come from her.

Also, we really don't know for sure what LS is, this is just a theory to explain it. We definitely don't know that it's Terra's soul in the armor cause the whole Nobody-being-created-by-a-leftover-body/soul thing kinda hints that the body and soul of people in the KH series are connected.

And then there's the fact that LS stands for Lingering Sentiment, not Lingering Soul. Just the name hint's that it's got something to do with emotions and so far the only things we know that are tied to emotion are people and Unversed.

Viku

The whole thing involving Vanitas being the source ruins all theories don't ya think?

anyways, still I can believe LS are in some way Unversed. That would explain while Vanitas' LS has the unversed symbol right on it face

Obsidian

Maleficent controls Heartless, but she's not a Heartless and they certainly don't come from her.

Yeah, but in KH2, it's confirmed that the heartless just obey anyone who's darkness is stronger than theirs (remember when Saix did it?)

Also, we really don't know for sure what LS is, this is just a theory to explain it. We definitely don't know that it's Terra's soul in the armor cause the whole Nobody-being-created-by-a-leftover-body/soul thing kinda hints that the body and soul of people in the KH series are connected.

And then there's the fact that LS stands for Lingering Sentiment, not Lingering Soul. Just the name hint's that it's got something to do with emotions and so far the only things we know that are tied to emotion are people and Unversed.
I'm of the opinion that Terra's still in his body and is essentially complete (meaning, LS is not his Soul, but just his feelings). That being said, I really don't think that Vanitas' LS is an Unversed.

Vanitas is already the source of the Unversed apparently (being a higher level Unversed himself it seems?). What I gather is Vanitas' LS is just his feelings as well. Don't forget that he's still technically a piece of Ven's heart, so what's not to say that he can't leave an LS behind?

Emass

Yeah, but in KH2, it's confirmed that the heartless just obey anyone who's darkness is stronger than theirs (remember when Saix did it?)

I'm of the opinion that Terra's still in his body and is essentially complete (meaning, LS is not his Soul, but just his feelings). That being said, I really don't think that Vanitas' LS is an Unversed.

Vanitas is already the source of the Unversed apparently (being a higher level Unversed himself it seems?). What I gather is Vanitas' LS is just his feelings as well. Don't forget that he's still technically a piece of Ven's heart, so what's not to say that he can't leave an LS behind?

You're making my point for me. The Heartless aren't necessarily controlled by other Heartless. They're even controlled by Nobodies. Who's to say the Unversed aren't controlled the same way. Since Vanitas' heart is pure darkness, his darkness is obviously stronger than (most, if not all) Unversed.

For the other thing you're not making sense. Vanitas' LS has an Unversed symbol on his face! How is he not an Unversed if he's got the dang Unversed symbol hangin out right there on his face?

Edit: And then there's the fact that Terra is whole. Like I said earlier, it would make sense if the Unversed are made from strong emotions (aka sentiments) left behind by people.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Aqua basically makes her own sentiment after she beats Terranort (watch the Last Episode fight between Aqua and Terranort)...and thats how Terranort has Aquas armor and keyblade when he is found by AtW.

and no...I dont believe LS is an Unversed...the Unversed only exist while Vanitas is alive....cuz he upsets the balance, he's pure darkness which means nothing but negative emotions really, blah blah blah, etc.

billyzanesucks

Just watch Terra's ending, it makes it pretty clear.

Emass

So reading a translation of Ven's Scenario I'm seeing that Vanitas is actually an Unversed. Vanitas is pure darkness and feeds on negative emotions or whatever.

Here's my question: If Vanitas' LS is made of pure emotion and the only emotions he had were evil, wouldn't that still make Vanitas' LS an Unversed? Plus the fact that he's got the Unversed symbol on his face.

On top of that, why would the Unversed suddenly not exist once Vanitas dies? Even if Vanitas died that doesn't mean beings of pure darkness couldn't exist. MX is the one that made Vanitas after all and he wasn't an Unversed.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
So reading a translation of Ven's Scenario I'm seeing that Vanitas is actually an Unversed. Vanitas is pure darkness and feeds on negative emotions or whatever.

Here's my question: If Vanitas' LS is made of pure emotion and the only emotions he had were evil, wouldn't that still make Vanitas' LS an Unversed? Plus the fact that he's got the Unversed symbol on his face.

On top of that, why would the Unversed suddenly not exist once Vanitas dies? Even if Vanitas died that doesn't mean beings of pure darkness couldn't exist. MX is the one that made Vanitas after all and he wasn't an Unversed.

Because the Unversed only existed because the balance of the universe was upset, since Vanitas had died (or whatever), the balance in the universe was brought back to normal...thats why.

Z

Zulkir

Is there any accurate translation stating that the sercret boss is Vanitas's lingering sentiment?

As far as direct evidence goes, the icon to summon the boss is the same as an absent silhouette.

Lingering Sentiment: Terra's feelings for his friends, and his hatred of Xehanort, trapped in his armor. NOT an unversed, which are the negative emotions spewed forth by Vanitas.

Secret boss: Vanitas's absent silhouette, and we don't know what is an absent silhouette, only that they appeared for nobodies that were already slain by Sora.

Absent silhouettes may hint that even if a nobody is destroyed, there may be a chance of bringing them back, perhaps if the heart is placed in the absent silhouette, but this is pure speculation.

F

Fagren

facepalm The fact that the soul remains in the body has not been retconned by Nomura........yet.Terra's soul was still in his body when he and MX became Terranort.

Kentsu13

i really dont tihnk LS is a unverse its terras thoughts/ it mite still be connected to his heart

Obsidian

Absent silhouettes may hint that even if a nobody is destroyed, there may be a chance of bringing them back, perhaps if the heart is placed in the absent silhouette, but this is pure speculation.

I thought those absent silhouettes were just data copies in Final Mix? I Never played it, so I don't really know actually.

You're making my point for me. The Heartless aren't necessarily controlled by other Heartless. They're even controlled by Nobodies. Who's to say the Unversed aren't controlled the same way. Since Vanitas' heart is pure darkness, his darkness is obviously stronger than (most, if not all) Unversed.

For the other thing you're not making sense. Vanitas' LS has an Unversed symbol on his face! How is he not an Unversed if he's got the dang Unversed symbol hangin out right there on his face?

Edit: And then there's the fact that Terra is whole. Like I said earlier, it would make sense if the Unversed are made from strong emotions (aka sentiments) left behind by people.

Yeah, but the Nobodies were controlled by stronger Nobodies, and being "higher functioning" enemies (in the sense that they can think) I imagine it works the same way for other enemies when we compare it like this: Vanitas/Unversed, OrgXIII/Nobodies, Ansem SoD/Heartless

I know that Vanitas' LS has the Unversed symbol on his face, but I don't think it really means that the LS is itself an Unversed, it maybe just a representation of what it used to be (a former shell of the original Unversed, and no I don't mean a Nobody). Of course, it could turn out that Vanitas was a special Unversed much like how there were special Nobodies (just throwing that out there, pray it doesn't happen).

I don't think that you have to be whole to have an LS. A big part of KH Coded/Chain of Memories was that even if you don't have a real heart, your feelings are still real. I don't think those themes would be so easily abandoned seeing as they were core parts in 2 games of the series.

Drake_Draco

Well, whether the Lingering Sentiment is an Unversed or not, I do believe that it is the negative emotions of Terra that animates his armor. At the very least, his strong hatred for Master Xehanort.
For one, in the secret ending, he shows no problem with Xehanort's presence, even telling him he can have the body. And past that, there is no evidence of 'negative emotions' in him, since the only other time Terra was in control after the events of the Keyblade Graveyard was as Xemnas- a Nobody, with no emotions at all. Then, theres the Lingering Sentiment himself. He goes so far as to attack Sora just because he mistakes him for Xehanort. After the battle, he says that all he has left to give is his 'hatred for Xehanort'. I think its because of the fact that when Terra became dormant within his own body, the last and strongest emotion he felt was hatred, amplified by his dark powers. And in the split second that Terra had his armor prior to becoming Xehanort's pawn, the shadow of his emotions fled to the armor.

As for the Absent Silhouettes, I have no idea. Since he was never a Nobody, I find it unlikely that Vanitas is a true 'Absent' Silhouette. But the Silhouettes do have one thing in common: In their final moments, they refused to accept defeat. Their strong wills, like Terra's strong hatred of Xehanort, could have left 'shadows' that stayed behind, waiting to be set to rest. And the reason why they're 'absent' silhouettes (aside from Vanitas) is because their emotions are 'absent', and thus they shouldn't actually exist (though as Nobodies, they're used to it). This is further supported by the fact that a Silhouette is... well, a shadow. :3

Emass

What Drake says makes sense. Plus, it's confirmed that Vanitas is actually an Unversed. But the thing is that MX made Vanitas. So if a being (MX) can create and Unversed (Vanitas) then how is the Unversed's existence contingent upon Vanitas existing?

Since there's no way for Vanitas' Absent Silhouette to be an Unversed because Vanitas was already an Unversed, he must be kind like the other Absent Silhouettes or like LS.

I will admit that I've come across new info since I posted this theory and it's been very possible from the start that an LS and an Unversed are completely different. I still think there's a possibility that LS could be an Unversed, but it's definitely lessened by the fact that Vanitas is an Unversed to start out with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back