• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: Terra is in control of Apprentice Xehanort

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bgizzles45

I'm too lazy to go into details, so I'll break it down in bullets.

• Master Xehanort was in control of Xehanort before Aqua saved Xehanort from falling into darkness
  • The battle of who should be in control of Xehanort took place after Aqua weakened Xehanort. When Aqua took a deep dive into the dark realm to save Terra's body; Terra immeditely became in control when Aqua let him hold her keyblade. That triggered his heart to be in control of the body.
  • Terra finally wakes up is found by Ansem and his apprentices in Radiant Garden. He says "Xehanort" because the last thing he saw was the battle he had with Master Xehanort in the Keyblade Graveyard.
  • Terra must have asked himself outloud, "Why do I have white hair?". The apprentices then assumed he had amnesia.
  • Xehanort finds out that he can't draw out his keyblade and armor for some odd reason. Little does he know that his lingering spirit posses both of these accesory.
  • With no way to escape the world of Radiant Garden (he hasn't discovered gummi ships until he meets King Mickey), Xehanort accepts the fact that he has to make Radiant Garden his second home.
  • Xehanort becomes an apprentice to Ansem the Wise.
  • The reason why Xehanort is going along with the amnesia story is because Terra and Braig had a violent history together. If Xehanort admitted that he was Terra, then Braig would have told Ansem the Wise to banish him from the castle for knocking his eye out and scarring his face.
  • Xehanort and Ansem the Wise are both working together on experimenting with hearts
  • Xehanort becomes infatuated with pureblooded heartless (Shadows, Neoshadows,Invisibles, Darkballs) because they are pure darkness. He captivates these heartless for study. Xehanort calls them "heartless' because they posses no heart. Him and these pure heartless have something in common, and that's darkness...However, Xehanort had a heart, but these heartless did not.

Ansem's Report 3
    The shadows that crawl beneath the castle... Are they the people who lost their hearts, or incarnations of darkness? Or something entirely beyond my imagination?
    All my knowledge has provided no answer. One thing I am sure of is that they are entirely devoid of emotion. Perhaps further study will unlock the mysteries of the heart.
    Fortunately, there is no shortage of test samples. They are multiplying underground even as I write this report. They still need a name. Those who lack hearts... I will call them the Heartless.

• Xehanort finds out that the body and heart separate when you become an emblem heartless. Xehanort then takes the ultimate risk and becomes an emblem heartless to separate his body from Master Xehanort's heart. Thus Master Xehanort and Terra are two different beings again. Master Xehanort is Ansem, Seeker of Darkness and Terra becomes Xemnas, with a fuzzy memory because he does not posses his lingering spirit.

I'll continue/add more details later.

tl;dr: Terra is control of Apprentice Xehanort, but his (and Xemnas') memory is a bit fuzzy because he does not posses the Lingering Spirit.

Last edited:

Love Machine

strut strut strut
[*]Master Xehanort was in control of Xehanort before Aqua saved Xehanort from falling into darkness

...what?

[*]The battle of who should be in control of Xehanort took place after Aqua weakened Xehanort. When Aqua took a deep dive into the dark realm to save Terra's body; Terra immeditely became in control when Aqua let him hold her keyblade. That triggered his heart to be in control of the body.

Um I personally think that Aqua's Keyblade and Armor carried him back up to the Realm of Light.

[*]Terra finally wakes up is found by Ansem and his apprentices in Radiant Garden. He says "Xehanort" because the last thing he saw was the battle he had with Master Xehanort in the Keyblade Graveyard.

Apprentice Xehanort created the Emblem Heartless typically. I don't think Terra would do that.

[*]Xehanort finds out that he can't draw out his keyblade and armor for some odd reason. Little does he know that his lingering spirit posses both of these accesory.

Or perhaps he just doesn't remember anything. Sounds much better to me.

[*]The reason why Xehanort is going along with the amnesia story is because Terra and Braig had a violent history together. If Xehanort admitted that he was Terra, then Braig would have told Ansem the Wise to banish him from the castle for knocking his eye out and scarring his face.

I seriously doubt that Ansem the Wise would do that, let alone believe Braig. I'm sure Braig already assumes that Xehanort is indeed Master Xehanort, but he plays along with it, like in Blank Points.

[*]Xehanort becomes infatuated with pureblooded heartless (Shadows, Neoshadows,Invisibles, Darkballs) because they are pure darkness. He captivates these heartless for study. Xehanort calls them "heartless' because they posses no heart. Him and these pure heartless have something in common, and that's darkness...However, Xehanort had a heart, but these heartless did not.

I don't think Terra would mess around with pure beings of Darkness after what just happened...

Last edited:

bgizzles45

Master Xehanort was in control of Terra's body when he fought Lingering Spirit and Aqua.

Um I personally think that Aqua's Keyblade and Armor carried him back up to the Realm of Light.
Yes, but when Aqua let Terra hold her keyblade, it triggered Terra's heart to be in control of his body due to the power of "friendship".

Apprentice Xehanort created the Heartless typically. I don't think Terra would do that.
No. Apprentice Xehanort created emblem heartless. Pureblood Heartless always existed in the Realm of Darkness.

Or perhaps he just doesn't remember anything. Sounds much better to me.
Sounds simple minded to me.

I seriously doubt that Ansem the Wise would do that, let alone believe Braig. I'm sure Braig already assumes that Xehanort is indeed Master Xehanort, but he plays along with it, like in Blank Points.

Xehanort and Master Xehanort look COMPLETELY different from each other. It wouldn't make sense if Braig's eyes (or eye lol) that Apprentice Xehanort is Master Xehanort. If you hadn't noticed, Braig serves under Ansem the Wise. Why wouldn't he believe him? Why would Ansem recruit untrustworthy people?

I don't think Terra would mess around with pure beings of Darkness after what just happened...
Darkness still lingers in his heart regardless. Darkness isn't necessarily bad. Like Master Xehanort said, there needs to be a balance between light and dark. Light isn't subjected to be good, neither is dark subjected to be bad.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Xehanort and Master Xehanort look COMPLETELY different from each other. It wouldn't make sense if Braig's eyes (or eye lol) that Apprentice Xehanort is Master Xehanort. If you hadn't noticed, Braig serves under Ansem the Wise. Why wouldn't he believe him? Why would Ansem recruit untrustworthy people?

...the ONLY reason MX looks "completely" different and he doesnt look even that different from Xehanort actually is because he inhabits Terra's body but still kept Xehanort's features and personality like the white hair. obv xehanort the apprentice is gonna look different from MX seeing how thats TERRA'S body that master xehanort took.

that doesnt mean a thing. when Xehanort split into a nobody and heartless, his heartless was all MX. care to explain that? his nobody was more of Terra because of terras body and soul.
MX was in control of Xehanort the apprentice. he just lost his memories.

btw after Xehanort came back from the Realm of Light, MX was talking to terra about who would control his body. that doesnt mean Terra controlled his body at all.

and i fail to see why terra would do all those things. it was MX who was in control but lost his memories.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Master Xehanort was in control of Xehanort before Aqua saved Xehanort from falling into darkness
Which is more inclined to say that MX controlled Xehanort, I'd think.

The battle of who should be in control of Xehanort took place after Aqua weakened Xehanort. When Aqua took a deep dive into the dark realm to save Terra's body; Terra immeditely became in control when Aqua let him hold her keyblade. That triggered his heart to be in control of the body.
While I wouldn't be surprised if Terra holding her keyblade had significance to it...MX's and Terra's conversation seems to imply that neither of them are in full control, and that Terra having more control than MX is even unlikelier.

Terra finally wakes up is found by Ansem and his apprentices in Radiant Garden. He says "Xehanort" because the last thing he saw was the battle he had with Master Xehanort in the Keyblade Graveyard.
He remembers the person he fights, but not his own name?

Terra must have asked himself outloud, "Why do I have white hair?". The apprentices then assumed he had amnesia.
Xehanort would probably wonder that just as much as Riku does.

Xehanort finds out that he can't draw out his keyblade and armor for some odd reason. Little does he know that his lingering spirit posses both of these accesory.
Xehanort probably didn't know of his own keyblade's existence, which was, in fact, present within him (MX's keyblade).

The reason why Xehanort is going along with the amnesia story is because Terra and Braig had a violent history together. If Xehanort admitted that he was Terra, then Braig would have told Ansem the Wise to banish him from the castle for knocking his eye out and scarring his face.
Terra's got dirt on Braig, too...That, and Terra would never experiment on other people, at least not without some difficulty.

Xehanort becomes infatuated with pureblooded heartless (Shadows, Neoshadows,Invisibles, Darkballs) because they are pure darkness. He captivates these heartless for study. Xehanort calls them "heartless' because they posses no heart. Him and these pure heartless have something in common, and that's darkness...However, Xehanort had a heart, but these heartless did not.
Heartless are hearts. That's been emphasized numerous times within the series, regardless of the Ansem reports, some of these sources which include Nomura interviews and whatnot.

Xehanort finds out that the body and heart separate when you become an emblem heartless. Xehanort then takes the ultimate risk and becomes an emblem heartless to separate his body from Master Xehanort's heart.
Emblem Heartless are different from Pureblood Heartless in that Purebloods are made from real hearts, making XH a Pureblood.

tl;dr: Terra is control of Apprentice Xehanort, but his memory is a bit fuzzy because he does not posses the Lingering Spirit.
LS is the exact reason why I think Terra has the least chance of being in control; LS is where his mind is in.

Last edited:

bgizzles45

Heartless are hearts. That's been emphasized numerous times within the series, regardless of the Ansem reports, some of these sources which include Nomura interviews and whatnot.

Emblem Heartless are hearts. Pureblood Heartless are not hearts. If you ever kill a Shadow, you will never see a heart hover up.

Emblem Heartless are different from Pureblood Heartless in that Purebloods are made from real hearts, making XH a Pureblood.
False. If you look closely on Ansem, Seeker of Darkness' chest. You will see an emblem. He's an emblem heartless.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Emblem Heartless are hearts. Pureblood Heartless are not hearts. If you ever kill a Shadow, you will never see a heart hover up.
Sora himself was a Pureblood for a while. His heart didn't just magically reappear once he was purified, it was there all along. Hearts that Emblem Heartless leave behind still exist for a second because those hearts were stolen, and did not turn into Pureblood Heartless.

False. If you look closely on Ansem, Seeker of Darkness' chest. You will see an emblem. He's an emblem heartless.
That emblem was for looks at most. Emblem Heartless are artificially made, as in, there's a machine that makes them. Since XH is the result of a real heart enveloped in darkness, he's a Pureblood.

Absolute

That emblem was for looks at most. Emblem Heartless are artificially made, as in, there's a machine that makes them. Since XH is the result of a real heart enveloped in darkness, he's a Pureblood.

That emblem on XH always drove me nuts. What was the point of it? He was a heart in Riku's body which kicked out Riku's heart. So then he made Riku look like middle-age Xehanort. So it was a body and a heart, so why the emblem?

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I think the Emblem on XH was just to show his involvement in the Emblem Heartless's creation, in a manner of speaking.

Key of Valor

The Professor
I don't think that Apprentice Xehanort was fully aware of his past, partly because his reports indicated that he was unfamiliar with the Keyblade. However, I think it is possible that Terra was in control of Apprentice Xehanort.

Samhain

Bronze Member
no emblem heartless are machine faked hearts.
pureblood heartless are hearts tha were covered in darkness AKA Sora, Xehanort, the apprentices, etc.

so? that's to show he created them

i dont wanna be mean but thats as stupid as people saying
"OH MY GOD THE 5 APPRENTICES LOST THEIR HEARTS IN THAT ROOM IN THE END OF THE WORLD IN KH1 WHEN WE GO TO RADIANT GARDEN IN THAT MACHINE BECAUSE IT HAS 5 HOLES"
Even though that was just a built emblem heartless machine

However, I think it is possible that Terra was in control of Apprentice Xehanort.
the same people who thought Terra = Xehanort just dont give up

terra will never be a bad guy no matter what. terra didnt go evil at the end like everyone predicted. it was Xehanort who corrupted him and took his body so terra was always a good guy till the end. i highly doubt that the hero they make terra out to be will be a bad guy during when he was apprentice xehanort. no way. besides MX has far superior mind skills than Terra does and the apprentice, Xehanort show more similar traits to MX..maybe its because MX took terra's body and they both lost memories when MX stabbed himself in the heart. MX was the last person to control Terra's body anyway.

Goddard

I just want to propose something. Terra is essentially a good person with very good intentions but if you bother to read the dialogue between him and Master Xehanort, he was more than willing to explore other options if it meant expelling his presence (even that included his own heart) from his body. What's so improbable to have Terra, in control of young Xehanort, apprentice to Ansem the Wise, explore the ways of the heart in order to purge himself of Master Xehanort's influence? This could had led him to realizing that he could not just simply remove Master Xehanort's heart without leading to serious repercussions to his own heart. He would remove his own in the process.

Personally that's far more interesting than MX simply having the reigns.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Samhain said:
the same people who thought Terra = Xehanort just dont give up

Same could be said about many of the people who thought Master Xehanort's consciousness controlled Apprentice Xehanort.

Samhain said:
terra will never be a bad guy no matter what. terra didnt go evil at the end like everyone predicted. it was Xehanort who corrupted him and took his body so terra was always a good guy till the end. i highly doubt that the hero they make terra out to be will be a bad guy during when he was apprentice xehanort. no way. besides MX has far superior mind skills than Terra does and the apprentice, Xehanort show more similar traits to MX..maybe its because MX took terra's body and they both lost memories when MX stabbed himself in the heart. MX was the last person to control Terra's body anyway.

Terra may have been a good guy throughout BBS, but he was susceptible to being corrupted by darkness. Terra's bond with his friends gave him the strength to resist darkness. However, if Terra lost his memories, his ties to his friends would be severed, and thus he would become susceptible to the influence of darkness. Not to mention, it was stated that those who lose important memories develop a bitter hurt in their heart... and those who cling to that hurt are more vulnerable to being consumed by darkness.

Besides, I believe that if Master Xehanort was in control of Apprentice Xehanort, it would make Master Xehanort appear very incompetent as a villain... I'm personally holding out hope that Master Xehanort isn't so incompetent that he would allow a simple case of amnesia to sidetrack himself for nearly eleven years in pursuing goals that differ from what he initially sought out to do.

Neptun

That emblem on XH always drove me nuts. What was the point of it? He was a heart in Riku's body which kicked out Riku's heart. So then he made Riku look like middle-age Xehanort. So it was a body and a heart, so why the emblem?
I always assumed that the Heartless-Symbol actually was Xehanort's own symbol and simply used for the Heartless. After all, the Heartless Symbol has a very big resemblance to the heartsymbol used by Ansem the wise himself.
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/9718/ansemthewise.png
^That's the symbol used by Ansem's apprentinces. Braig, Dilan and Aeleus had them feautred on their gloves, Braig even had it on his crossbows.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_...Heartless_hires.png/439px-Heartless_hires.png
I'd say, a mix between Ansem's symbol and the mark of mastery symbol

When you brand cattle for example you leave the name of your farm on them, you don't create a new symbol or anything.

Last edited:

Mog

Awards
  • Master Xehanort was in control of Xehanort before Aqua saved Xehanort from falling into darkness

Perhaps you could phrase this better. MX was in control of Terra-Xehanort/Terranort before Terra got the upper hand on MX when he said ''GET OUT OF MA HEART!!111!!'' and managed to sway control of the keyblade in his favour, stabbing it in himself. It can be assumed that when Aqua defeated him in battle, it weakened MX, allowing Terra to gain control.

• The battle of who should be in control of Xehanort took place after Aqua weakened Xehanort. When Aqua took a deep dive into the dark realm to save Terra's body; Terra immeditely became in control when Aqua let him hold her keyblade. That triggered his heart to be in control of the body.

I would say that Terra was battling him mentally all the time. It would seem unlikely that Terra would stand idly on the sidelines while MX was beating up Aqua physically. Terra became in control at the moment I described above, when he stabbed himself with the keyblade, resulting in amnesia, resulting in unconsciousness. Neither MX nor Terra could be in control of Terranort's physical manestation because it was unconscious. It seems that the two are even, judging by their cutscene together in Blank Points. MX is just trying to sway Terra with his words, such as ''How you can remain here at all confounds the mind.'' This still doesn't prove MX is the more powerful one at that time. What makes you think Terra was in control then, if the odds seemed evenly matched for both?

• Terra finally wakes up is found by Ansem and his apprentices in Radiant Garden. He says "Xehanort" because the last thing he saw was the battle he had with Master Xehanort in the Keyblade Graveyard.

Emm, would he not remember his own name first,no? lol.

• Terra must have asked himself outloud, "Why do I have white hair?". The apprentices then assumed he had amnesia.

I would think that Ansem told the apprentices that he had amnesia. I doubt he would be asking such silly questions aloud. And even so, remember the scene in Blank Points, Braig said to Apprentice Xehanort : ''Hey... you're not.. Terra? Just gotta check. As if.''
    Apprentice Xehanort does not respond. If Terra really was in control, he would've said something, it's not like Terra to play it slyly. Terra, if he really was in control, would've never agreed to be an Apprentice in the first place. It was always like MX to seek answers, have you read his reports in BBS? It would make sense that MX was in control here and sought out the opportunity to find the answers to the mysteries of the heart.

• Xehanort finds out that he can't draw out his keyblade and armor for some odd reason. Little does he know that his lingering spirit posses both of these accesory.

I believe when Terra gained the upper hand on him and stabbed himself, the ability to wield was lost. That No Heart thing is irrelevant to the actual plot, that's why he was in the final mix. But don't get me wrong, there are important bosses in the final mixes, just this one seems canon.

• With no way to escape the world of Radiant Garden (he hasn't discovered gummi ships until he meets King Mickey), Xehanort accepts the fact that he has to make Radiant Garden his second home.

I guess so, there was nothing MX or Terra could do. With no keyblade to generate a portal, they were in RG to stay for the time being.

• Xehanort becomes an apprentice to Ansem the Wise.
    Yes he does.

• The reason why Xehanort is going along with the amnesia story is because Terra and Braig had a violent history together. If Xehanort admitted that he was Terra, then Braig would have told Ansem the Wise to banish him from the castle for knocking his eye out and scarring his face.

I thought you said Terra was in control all this time? If Terra admitted, I doubt Ansem would've done anything, it's not like he exactly liked his apprentices after all the cruel experiments they were doing. It's not exactly clear who is in control at this point but I would say MX, solely due to the fact he was still an apprentice studying the heart.

• Xehanort and Ansem the Wise are both working together on experimenting with hearts

And the other 5 apprentices.

• Xehanort becomes infatuated with pureblooded heartless (Shadows, Neoshadows,Invisibles, Darkballs) because they are pure darkness. He captivates these heartless for study. Xehanort calls them "heartless' because they posses no heart. Him and these pure heartless have something in common, and that's darkness...However, Xehanort had a heart, but these heartless did not.

It was Ansem the Wise that first came up with the name for them. Read his reports from KH1.

Ansem's Report 3
    The shadows that crawl beneath the castle... Are they the people who lost their hearts, or incarnations of darkness? Or something entirely beyond my imagination?
    All my knowledge has provided no answer. One thing I am sure of is that they are entirely devoid of emotion. Perhaps further study will unlock the mysteries of the heart.
    Fortunately, there is no shortage of test samples. They are multiplying underground even as I write this report. They still need a name. Those who lack hearts... I will call them the Heartless.

It was ANSEM THE WISE that wrote this, not Apprentice Xehanort.

• Xehanort finds out that the body and heart separate when you become an emblem heartless. Xehanort then takes the ultimate risk and becomes an emblem heartless to separate his body from Master Xehanort's heart. Thus Master Xehanort and Terra are two different beings again. Master Xehanort is Ansem, Seeker of Darkness and Terra becomes Xemnas, with a fuzzy memory because he does not posses his lingering spirit.

I'm not sure if it's emblem or pureblood, maybe both. I believe that Apprentice Xehanort was too greedy for more answers on hearts rather than scheming to get rid of Terra. Yes, I agree on the last part, it would explain why Ansem Sod wanted world domination and why Xemnas was searching for Ven and talking to Aqua's armor.

I'll continue/add more details later.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I would say that Terra was battling him mentally all the time. It would seem unlikely that Terra would stand idly on the sidelines while MX was beating up Aqua physically. Terra became in control at the moment I described above, when he stabbed himself with the keyblade, resulting in amnesia, resulting in unconsciousness. Neither MX nor Terra could be in control of Terranort's physical manestation because it was unconscious. It seems that the two are even, judging by their cutscene together in Blank Points. MX is just trying to sway Terra with his words, such as ''How you can remain here at all confounds the mind.'' This still doesn't prove MX is the more powerful one at that time. What makes you think Terra was in control then, if the odds seemed evenly matched for both?

I don't know why this get confused every time again and again, but it was not Terra who stabbed himself in the fight with Aqua...it was Master Xehanort trying to kick Terra's heart out of its own body...just like Ansem SoD did with Riku.
The only difference is that Ansem SoD succeeded in expelling Riku's heart while MX failed to do so with Terra's.
If that was because Terra alone was strong enough to resist or because of Eraqus (who's heart is within Terra's) helping out a bit is a subject to debate on.

From what we know about now...neither Master Xehanort nor Terra where in full control of Apprentice Xehanort.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Perhaps you could phrase this better. MX was in control of Terra-Xehanort/Terranort before Terra got the upper hand on MX when he said ''GET OUT OF MA HEART!!111!!'' and managed to sway control of the keyblade in his favour, stabbing it in himself. It can be assumed that when Aqua defeated him in battle, it weakened MX, allowing Terra to gain control.
MX was the one who had control of the stabbing, not Terra. This was stated somewhere in the BBS Timeline.

I would say that Terra was battling him mentally all the time. It would seem unlikely that Terra would stand idly on the sidelines while MX was beating up Aqua physically.
Terra was fighting off MX (well, he was technically fighting Guardian); We see this when Aqua fights inside of Terranort's heart.

It was ANSEM THE WISE that wrote this, not Apprentice Xehanort.

AtW only wrote the first Ansem Report; Apprentice Xehanort wrote the rest under AtW's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back