• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

There is a remake of Coded! (Spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrax

Switzerland - Zurich / Canada - Scarborough (TN)
Two years ago, Square Enix announced three new Kingdom Hearts games, each of them, will tell you the untold stories. Xehanort, Roxas time in the organisation, the absence of Riku and Mickey. Well, I already wondered, why Coded was developed for a mobile phone, which is only available in Japan. So, after the DKSigma3713 Trailer, I knew that coded is also very important for the storyline, but, the problem was, first we should know about the past, which is going to be explained in Birth by Sleep. I dont know why they decided to announce all three games together, but all three games were important. In Coded, there is so much missing, In the trailer we saw a scene with Kairi and Riiku in Never Land, no clue of that in the 7 episodes, and also about Pluto and the appearance of Mickey in Traverse Town in the very beginning of KH1.

And the US and European KH Gamers are only able due translations, to understand what is going on, while the japanese gamers are able to play it, and for sure, Square Enix wouldnt want that. Therefore, after BBS, there is coming Coded for another console. And Nomura already said, that one game, it is not really new, but still unannounced, is in development, I think its either FFVII or KH Coded, but, Nomura stated already that he want to work in future more at the KH series, and not FFVII, because of that, I dont think he meant FF VII, someone else could reveal that in an interview..

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Hopefully. I always thought it was kinda stupid to put an important game on a phone. I mean why couldn't they have made it for the DS or PSP?

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I personally think that if it's a KH game, it's Coded. He said it wasn't exactly new and I can't see Days/ BBS getting a remake anytime soon. Coded seems to be pretty much limited to Japanese Cell Phones. I personally think Coded might end up transferring to either the PSP or DS. I seriously doubt it'll go to PS2, since it's been said that Re: CoM/ KH2 was the last KH game on that platform and I'm pretty sure the first PS3/ 360 KH is going to be KH3. Then again, what about the Wii? I doubt it will be on the Wii though.

B

Blade5468

Why do people make these threads with (SPOILERS) implying that they're actually revealing something and not mere speculation?

This is just a theory, and a rather unlikely one.
They probably won't remake Coded.

I wanna know why Nomura is working on FFVII again. Do you mean FFXIII by any chance?

No, he means FF7. And because it's clearly the most likely game this could be :X

silentmusic16

i would think he would remake coded on the ds. it would rake them in a lot of money, especially if maybe they add something extra to the story or something like a multiplayer mode because then he could get the people in japan who already have the game on their phones to buy it again, but this time on the ds.

Birnax

I hope that Coded does get a remake and its only for the Wii.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
First of all, you mention that in a trailer something didn't get used. The same could be said for any video game, especially Kingdom Hearts. Go look at the first trailer for KH1, or hell, one of the secret endings. And there's as much missing in Coded as there is missing in Days or KH2 or something. Coded was meant to give a reason to connect all the games, and set up for KH3 or Mystery rather than pulling plots out of nowhere. It did it quite nicely really.

I wanna know why Nomura is working on FFVII again. Do you mean FFXIII by any chance?

Inevitable Dirge of Cerberus sequel or the rumored remake of FFVII.

Hopefully. I always thought it was kinda stupid to put an important game on a phone. I mean why couldn't they have made it for the DS or PSP?

Because there was already one scheduled for each of those systems. Duh.

I hope that Coded does get a remake and its only for the Wii.

Wiiware mayhaps?

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
Why do people make these threads with (SPOILERS) implying that they're actually revealing something and not mere speculation?

They use spoilers in their theory. So they are revealing information that people may or may not, have wanted to know.

This is just a theory, and a rather unlikely one.
They probably won't remake Coded.

Actually it's fairly likely, not that this is a new theory but, it is a likely one. It's not necessarilly a remake, but a continuation of what Coded failed to include. It didn't answer any question but, created more.

Rexy

Bronze Member
i like Coded (from what i read), but if it was a remake, and since Nomura stated that Re:CoM were is PS2's final game, it would be cool if it was to PSP or DS, and not by episodes but a complete game

Suzuku

lol I really doubt your theory. Out of the two games he's working on, one "is a new title", as in a completely new IP, and the other "isn't entirely new" but has been "widely requested for by many fans and even those in the press" and he expects the announcement to garner a "huge reaction". Neither point to a coded remake.

Nomura said the next KH game will be the one that connects BbS and coded and leads up to KHIII, so yeah, I doubt we'll see a coded remake anytime soon. I don't even think there's enough content in coded to justify a console remake.

And as for "not wanting to work on FFVII as much", the man co-directs the Compilation of FFVII, and has said that it won't end until FFVII's 20th anniversary at the earliest, so even though he probably will be working on more KH games that doesn't mean there won't be a ton of FFVII stuff as well. And it's not like he was forced to take up the Compilation either, he did it willingly.

Last edited:

Radon

mofo
Is that true that Nomura had the idea about Coded in a bar while he was drunk?

In an interview a while ago he said that he had a bit to drink and he started thinking up an idea and presenting it to his collegues as a joke, but when he finished explaining they actually thought it was a good idea.

Something along those lines. The interview was years ago.

X-Face

IF Coded is to be remade, I think it would be for WiiWare, as I don't see any other console/handheld sell such a short game.
I don't criticize Coded, but I think it would be too short to be on the DS or PSP, so WiiWare seems to be the best option.

But Nomura said that the next KH is a 'Mystery game' that connects BBS to the rest of the series, and as Coded doesn't seem to do that, I don't think the Coded remake is for anytime soon.

jlk2009

although i do agree that if it was an important part of the story it should be shown in other countries however a remake seems like awaste of time since im sure the game is not nearly long to warrant a console release even handheld enough which is why it was realeased on phones cos its simple and something distracting to play on the go with interval section to play each few months (??) or so to keep up interest however their probably better off creating a recap or something in the next game if it is nesscary to understand the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back