• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

There is no way the castle in Radiant Garden is as big as the one in KH1

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I have been doing side comparisons using the characters as a reference point and the caslte in KH1 is definately wider. It hard to tell height difference because we dont exploere the RG castle but its definately smaller than the KH1 version. Ik the one in KH1 is augmented by Maleficent but the change is too much. Not to mention that the Library has to be the same because in MoM we see the castle not being changed even when Xehanort sent Kairi away. Do you feel like it is smaller or is it the same size in your eyes?

Last edited:

AR829038

Awards
I think it's unwise to discuss locales in the KH series by using "reference points" and trying to eyeball dimensions and scale. We're talking about the same series where the Destiny Islands has a magical Schrödinger's main island that just magically pops up out of nowhere in the second game even though it's nowhere to be seen in the first. Nomura's style of world design is not so much determined by coordinated precision as it is by feeling and what works best for the story at the particular moment.

Awards
I think it's unwise to discuss locales in the KH series by using "reference points" and trying to eyeball dimensions and scale. We're talking about the same series where the Destiny Islands has a magical Schrödinger's main island that just magically pops up out of nowhere in the second game even though it's nowhere to be seen in the first. Nomura's style of world design is not so much determined by coordinated precision as it is by feeling and what works best for the story at the particular moment.
the main island not being seen in KH1 could be kinda explained due to limited draw distance. the RG castle shrinking in size is a retcon basically, they just wanted a completely new castle

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I mean, it's not like the castle was completely redesigned or anything...
It's pretty clear Maleficent had a lot of construction work done when she moved in

Though personally I think Villain's Vale is supposed to be the ruins of the KH1 castle.

Awards
Though personally I think Villain's Vale is supposed to be the ruins of the KH1 castle.
but when sora and co arrive they look at the castle and they recognize it as the hollow bastion they had been at in KH1. to them, they look the same but obviously not to the viewers so I assume they retconned it. I think VV is supposed to be made out of removed parts from the KH1 castle

AR829038

Awards
I mean, it's not like the castle was completely redesigned or anything...
It's pretty clear Maleficent had a lot of construction work done when she moved in

From all the information I can find on the subject, it seems that Villain's Vale is confirmed NOT to be the castle from KH1, which would make sense. After all, the KH2 castle is the same one that contains Ansem's library and research facilities, which we saw in KH1 (though they looked remarkably different). From what I can gather, it seems that Villain's Vale was supposed to be some kind of makeshift domicile that Maleficent had constructed for herself either as a secondary lair or in the aftermath of losing the main castle as her hideout. I think she constructs it sometime between her resurrection at the beginning of KH2 and before Pete arrives there. I assume she had the Heartless help her construct it. It's quite a stretch, but this series is full of stretches.

Awards
which we saw in KH1 (though they looked remarkably different)
we actually didnt saw them in KH1, we explored different sections completely. in KH2, it seems like the castle is traversed trough the corridor area, though most pathways are blocked. presumably, some of those pathways would lead to sections from KH1 such as the library or the Ark, we know that these areas existed in the orignal castle from flashbacks (the castle was still unchanged even when Xehanort sent away kairi)

t seems that Villain's Vale was supposed to be some kind of makeshift domicile that Maleficent had constructed for herself either as a secondary lair or in the aftermath of losing the main castle as her hideout. I think she constructs it sometime between her resurrection at the beginning of KH2 and before Pete arrives there. I assume she had the Heartless help her construct it. It's quite a stretch, but this series is full of stretches.

my heacannon was that she built it off spare parts from Hollow Bastion. I took it that the restoration comittee dumped these parts in the canyon area and Maleficnet assemlbed them into a castle.

AR829038

Awards
we actually didnt saw them in KH1, we explored different sections completely. in KH2, it seems like the castle is traversed trough the corridor area, though most pathways are blocked. presumably, some of those pathways would lead to sections from KH1 such as the library or the Ark, we know that these areas existed in the orignal castle from flashbacks (the castle was still unchanged even when Xehanort sent away kairi)
I believe that the room with the Ark in KH1 is designated as Ansem's study, which (unless Ansem had more than one study) looks completely different in KH2. It's hard to know which are different rooms and which are just drastic redesigns of rooms we visited in KH1, but there are definitely points of overlap (the Rising Falls, for instance, reappears in 2FM looking different and located in a different position relative to the castle). Again, we can't trust Nomura's world designs with regard to fidelity of spatial organization or appearance.

Awards
I believe that the room with the Ark in KH1 is designated as Ansem's study, which (unless Ansem had more than one study)

why wouldnt he have more than 1? its a pretty big castle nonetheless. we still havent seen most the inside

t's hard to know which are different rooms and which are just drastic redesigns of rooms we visited in KH1

i see what you mean. The Ark however was shown in MoM and Ansem' Study has been in every game even KH3 so why would the Ark be a redesign and not a different room entirely?

. Again, we can't trust Nomura's world designs with regard to fidelity of spatial organization or appearance.

he has some consistency though. he bothered explaining the uknown room in KH1 (the Ark) in melody of memory which personally, it was a much more fulfilling scene than most of KH3 which didnt bother explaining previous mysteries and flashbacks in UR4 cutscene. They still havent explained why Xehanort took Ansem's name for example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back