• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

There's a Unchained wiki

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
That's kind of the problems with Wiki's, the fact that anyone can edit them. The information is somewhat left to interpretation which makes it inaccurate.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I mean, the list of medals and where you get them is probably what I would use this sort of source for the most. And that seems to be fine haha. So I will probably refer to it now and again.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
That's kind of the problems with Wiki's, the fact that anyone can edit them. The information is somewhat left to interpretation which makes it inaccurate.
I concur, the fact the anyone can edit them makes its information more accurate, when enough people participate of course. If interpretation can be made, then there has to be some kind of consensus, this forum works very much the same way, speculations are a different matter altogether.
Especially in cases like medal stats or Keyblade upgrade recipes I don't think there is anything wrong with it, the information will also be gathered much faster.

Anagram

Banned

The normal KH wikia is a good example of this.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I concur, the fact the anyone can edit them makes its information more accurate, when enough people participate of course. If interpretation can be made, then there has to be some kind of consensus, this forum works very much the same way, speculations are a different matter altogether.
Especially in cases like medal stats or Keyblade upgrade recipes I don't think there is anything wrong with it, the information will also be gathered much faster.

We actually have both medal stats and Keyblade upgrades already anyways

Tutorials & References - KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ - Kingdom Hearts Insider

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
We actually have both medal stats and Keyblade upgrades already anyways

Tutorials & References - KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ - Kingdom Hearts Insider
I know, I'm lurking around here pretty often and I really appreciate the effort. I'm still looking for a way to extract the medal images, so you could add them too eventually.

It's just that the "because anyone can edit it the information it's automatically flawed" is such a condescending statement. It implies that only you have the correct information and you can never be wrong. If you really have issues with the information on the wiki then go there, change it, leave an explanation on why you changed it and be done with it. Complex matter may require discussion beforehand, but again, it's the same with this very forum.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

kingofgame981

Awards
Thing is, there's two distinct Kingdom Hearts Wikia, there's the definitive Kingdom Hearts Wiki

Kingdom Hearts Wiki, the Kingdom Hearts encyclopedia

And then there's this Wikia (which is far more unreliable)

Kingdom Hearts Wiki - Wikia

The difference is that the former is coded to be distinct whilst the latter is using the conventional Wikia template.

Well, it was back when Wikia changed their way into something else that made the whole team of the wikia leave due to they disagree of how Wikia work (Forcing user to use Wikia theme instead of the old wikipedia theme) and create the khwiki.com like you mentioned above.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well, it was back when Wikia changed their way into something else that made the whole team of the wikia leave due to they disagree of how Wikia work (Forcing user to use Wikia theme instead of the old wikipedia theme) and create the khwiki.com like you mentioned above.

Oh really? Aah yes, I remember an announcement of the shift. I assumed that KHWikia was shut down after KHWiki was created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back