• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

There's something about Sora...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which Sora do you like best?

• KH1 Sora

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • KH RE: CoM/ CoM Sora

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • KH2 Sora

Votes: 48 59.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azrael

In my point of view, I find it laughable that the vast majority prefer how the writers butchered up Sora's character. And yes, I loved him being an asshole to Donald and Goofy in CoM.

Just desserts for what happened in Hollow Bastion I say :D

A

Azrael

I second that notion. They ditched him for their mission, he did for his. Unfair as each occurance was, it adds up in the long run,

They still loved each other in the end. Look at Goofy's death.

Nice that we can agree on something, Rain :D

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I still say CoM Sora was the worst. Namine this, Namine that. At least he cared about people who exist in KH. And then in KHII he was just so... immature. It was frightening to see how Donald and Goofy caused him to go insane.

A

Azrael

I still say CoM Sora was the worst. Namine this, Namine that. At least he cared about people who exist in KH. And then in KHII he was just so... immature. It was frightening to see how Donald and Goofy caused him to go insane.

Actually, the events of CoM and Namine this and Namine that caused his almost nonexistent feelings for Kairi to grow.

Namine needed to make Sora forget her, so why not have Kairi :D

Didn't work.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The setting was completely different in CoM. It was a micro-cosmos, so it added up Sora cared about a lot less people.
It's like he cared about Beast and Belle in Beast's Castle. So inside Castle Oblivion, he cared about Namine.
And it's like he went "Riku, Riku" in KH2 :D no one could really blame him for it. He's looking or his most important people.

A

Azrael

The setting was completely different in CoM. It was a micro-cosmos, so it added up Sora cared about a lot less people.
It's like he cared about Beast and Belle in Beast's Castle. So inside Castle Oblivion, he cared about Namine.
And it's like he went "Riku, Riku" in KH2 :D no one could really blame him for it. He's looking or his most important people.

Do not forget the fact that Sora was slowly losing his memories.

Each world, his obvious immediate concern would be the locals of each world.

Kairi was safe in DI, and Riku wasn't. And also, he just cares about Riku moah :D

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Do not forget the fact that Sora was slowly losing his memories.

Never. Nor the fact that they believed what they didn't remember didn't matter. So remembering only Namine added up.

Kairi was safe in DI, and Riku wasn't. And also, he just cares about Riku moah :D

No doubt there.
Best friend vs. long time friend. :v she actually falls into the same category as TSW.

Z

Zulkir

Sora is..tolerable, but sometimes I want Gordon Freeman to mow his face off with a crowbar.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
CoM definitely did the best job with characterization for Sora, in my opinion. I like it when the heroes have to deal with their own character flaws, especially when they're allowed to act like jerks because of them. CoM Sora might not have always been nice, but it made him feel more like a complete person.

I think I would have liked KHII Sora better if it was made more clear what he was supposed to be. His sarcasm is a lot of fun, but his confrontational attitude could have been dealt with more consistently - it seems to be intended as a flaw considering the results when dealing with Demyx and past!Pete, but they could have done a better job of clarifying it to people who think it's supposed to be heroic. It'd be interesting to see what would be changed if they had a KHII Complete to use to define the motivations more.

Sora seems to be a more flawed hero than the usual Disney type in all the games, though, just in different ways (though a lot more subtly in KH) - so which one you like best might be based somewhat on what kind of flaws you find most acceptable.

Muse

you look atrocious
I liked CoM Sora the best. It really did his character justice. KH1 Sora wasn't that bad either. He was just entering puberty and was thrown into an elaborate plot to save the universe and most importantly, his friends, and he managed to handle that with a respectable amount of maturity and responsibility.

But then KH2 happened. And all of the maturity that Sora had up to that point was shattered in an instant and he degraded to having a maturity level of a ten year old. :/

Diastyl

I liked Sora in KH1, he was rather fun-loving and friendly, which is why he was better than in CoM, where he was mean to Donald and Goofy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back