• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Things you actually miss from past games, and didn't see in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
So it's not quite the same logic, but something I wanted from KH2 that I would have also liked in KH3 that neither game did that is small was the option to see the character model for Drive Forms/Form Changes in the journal. You can see different looks for each character in the journal like the Halloween Town outfits and Pirate outfits, but they never had the option for alternate forms.

To follow your post's subject, I'd say I miss tapping triangle to rally your party. They didn't have it in KH2 either, but it was cool you had a button you could press to get the team to focus.

GreyouTT

Awards
So it's not quite the same logic, but something I wanted from KH2 that I would have also liked in KH3 that neither game did that is small was the option to see the character model for Drive Forms/Form Changes in the journal. You can see different forms for each character in the journal like the Halloween Town outfits and Pirate outfits, but they never had the option for alternate looks.

To follow your post's subject, I'd say I miss tapping triangle to rally your party. They didn't have it in KH2 either, but it was cool you had a button you could press to get the team to focus.

Speaking of adding small options to the journal, WHERE'S MY "MARK ALL AS READ" BUTTON?

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Speaking of adding small options to the journal, WHERE'S MY "MARK ALL AS READ" BUTTON?
Hours spent making NEW and ! disappear from the journal after every major cutscene (or several cutscenes at once) and the new items for the inventory. How many times did I scroll through all the ingredients, dishes, accessories, armors, keyblades, shields, staves, key items, and materials and it took longer each time. Sure there's an option to sort by type, but no option to sort to newest to make those indicators go away.

Awards
I miss this lil guy.
Rakfde1.png

cakito123

Awards
Tech Points, man. I thought they were coming back because of the Jump Festa 2016 trailer, and then NAAAAAAAH.

What were those, again? I remember they existed in KH2, it was for transforming into rage form instead of drive forms, right?

It needed more Mirage Arena. With online multiplayer lol

I really like this idea, and if they ever make a Remake of Union X and Unchained, I wish they could implement some competitive multiplayer aspect to kingdom hearts. It is really thrilling and fun to battle some though bosses in the games already, so I can only imagine how fun it'd be to fight some tough players. The story would fit for this to work, too.

Veevee

Awards
The overacting of the animations. In comparison to older games, especially Re:Com and KH2, the animations in KH3 feel more .. stiff. Less dramatising for the sake of it (which I thought was amazing) and more on point, so I probably miss all that handwaving.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I wish there were reasons to go back to worlds. Every world in KH3 can be 100% in your first visit (or leaving then going back before advancing the story). Growth abilities are irrelevant. Glide doesn’t really add much since every area was reachable before you got it.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I wish there were reasons to go back to worlds. Every world in KH3 can be 100% in your first visit (or leaving then going back before advancing the story). Growth abilities are irrelevant. Glide doesn’t really add much since every area was reachable before you got it.
yeah moving forward I'd appreciate more of a reason for revisiting locations, having new abilities make new areas accessible was great in KH1, but with all the skills we already start with in KH3 executing this would be hard.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I thought there was some of that in KH3? Admittedly, not nearly as well-orchestrated as in KH1 (where you seem to almost have a new incentive after every world you'd completed, thanks to learning new levels of Trinities, or new skills, or having attained a new spell level), but there was a huge upgrade in movement in Arendelle that gave an incentive to explore previous worlds.

NoWay

Awards
One thing I really miss is seeing the Organization members interacting in cutscenes. KH2FM did a great job with adding cutscenes from the Organization members discussing with each other in TWTNW. This would have been so important for KH3 to see them before KG.

disney233

Awards
One thing I really miss is seeing the Organization members interacting in cutscenes. KH2FM did a great job with adding cutscenes from the Organization members discussing with each other in TWTNW. This would have been so important for KH3 to see them before KG.
Isn't that already a thing? I mean, it's not as numerous as KH2, but there have been MANY instances of the Organization interacting with each other before the graveyard. The problem I have with that is how hollow the Organization is this time around. The big Nort, the 3 Norts and Terranort for example. I don't think there's much to warrant a conversation with them.

ZeVaine

Awards
I thought there was some of that in KH3? Admittedly, not nearly as well-orchestrated as in KH1 (where you seem to almost have a new incentive after every world you'd completed, thanks to learning new levels of Trinities, or new skills, or having attained a new spell level), but there was a huge upgrade in movement in Arendelle that gave an incentive to explore previous worlds.

It's not so much that there was none, just... not enough of it that felt rewarding and worth it? I don't think of it as much of a flaw, as it is just a desire.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
My second play through of 3 was my 100% run. I didn’t move on from a world until I had 100%.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah, i feel that if you wanted to, you couldget all lucky emblems and treasure chests in one visit. I believe even the Flantastic Seven can be challenged before moving on to the next world.

It'd be nice, if there were unlockable places or things you could trigger later on like the old trinity simbols, but that might just be my KH1 nostalgia talking.

Back