• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

this bugs me (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
Why didn't Sora take Pete seriously when he mentioned the black box, and why didn't he listen to Xehanort when he warned him about misusing the power of waking? I mean yeah, their bad guy's but that doesn't mean their lying, and yeah Pete is kind of dumb, but he let information slip he didn't mean to, and maleficent told to be quiet about it which should have been a red flag that it was important to begin with. what are your thoughts?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Regarding Pete, I feel like Sora probably didn't think it was that much an issue compared to the Keyblade War that was pending. He was also pretty cocky, so he probably didn't take Pete and Maleficent seriously.

For Young Xehanort, he probably thought that Xehanort was lying since Sora was told by Yen Sid that the Power of Waking was what he needed. Or Sora just didn't care what the consequences were for his actions.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Fair enough, but Yen Sid also didn't tell him that there were risks involved.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Don't really have much of an opinion regarding Pete, fully transparency.

Far as Young Xehanort warning Sora about "dangerously" using the power of waking, it fits Sora's character to reject the idea outright. The only time it appeared Sora assumed anyone was saying anything worth his time seemed to be when he was confronted in [Dream]World That Never Was and was basically bombshelled that Nobodies maintained some imprint of a heart. His actual reaction "why did you lie to them" is probably one of the only times he's actually listened to what a main-villain has said without rejecting them dismissively per his character.

Back