• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

This game has lost all my interest...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Season 2 is a joke. The biggest story elements occured before the Union X titlecard came on. Square Enix better make this game relevant in fans minds again because Kingdom Hearts III is making this app obselete.

ImVentus

Awards
No kiddin! The game relies on filler, cheap drawer stealing your jewels, impossible challenges that aren't fun to play. The main storyline with the union leaders has been absent for 8 months.

Outside from the amazing art, original story, music and cute characters there really isn't much to the game.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah.
Unless they somehow manage to pull something absolutely amazing, I'm really starting to consider just dropping the game.
The paywall challenges are getting so predominant, that the fact that you can still play through the main story without dropping any real money isn't much (especially when the main story is so boring and unexistant).
I have so little investment I go into PvP with two empty decks and just lose three matches to get the daily objectives, but even that's becoming a chore out of obligation, and my personal doctrine is that the moment a game doesn't make me have fun is when I should drop it.

I'll wait for the Larxene event and to see what are these famous ties KH III and Union will have, but after that... X was so good in its self-contained story, and Union is just the opposite and the embodiment of everything MMOs detractors complain about.
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain, I guess.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Interesting how opinions can change as I remember OP being a vehement defender of Ux not so long before while I and some others already decried the game's lack of care for the actual story already months ago.

The last worthwhile story update was in September 2017 and now we have June 2018.

So far there is no "Season 2" of Union X because they stopped doing anything since the introductory episodes.

Even if they start delivering story content in the near future it will run into an audience already disconnected from it due to the long break and almost certainly be inferior to the countless fan theories and scenarios that are already floating around the net.

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards
I'm right behind you. I do the 3 required battles in PvP for the daily jewels, mostly losing, and there is only Union Cross and Coli to do. Just grinding, basically. That does not make a good game. So sad to see it come to this. It was a fun game.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
this is a mobile game, and unless you grind nonstop all the time, it is very paid to win. the first indication should have been when the app had no story 400 missions in and had the kingdom hearts name but none of what makes the franchise special

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Yeah, it's okay not to like every KH game. Hell, I think I like less than half of them.

KHux was not designed to be fun. It's simply a bad idea.

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards
Yeah, it's okay not to like every KH game. Hell, I think I like less than half of them.

Actually, I think it was quite fun for the first year and a half or so. After Union Cross, it started downhill. PvP could be the nail in the coffin unless they do something really creative to inject some fresh interest in it.

sephydark

Awards
I'm not planning on quitting or anything, but I am also pretty frustrated about the lack of story content. Right now it's even worse than normal since we haven't been getting Disney worlds either and at least that's something.

I felt like the game started to get less fun after we got gauge restorers, since suddenly you could spam all your specials instead of having to strategize which ones to use when.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Interesting how opinions can change as I remember OP being a vehement defender of Ux not so long before while I and some others already decried the game's lack of care for the actual story already months ago.

The last worthwhile story update was in September 2017 and now we have June 2018.

So far there is no "Season 2" of Union X because they stopped doing anything since the introductory episodes.

Even if they start delivering story content in the near future it will run into an audience already disconnected from it due to the long break and almost certainly be inferior to the countless fan theories and scenarios that are already floating around the net.
Which reminds me, after all this time there still hasn't really been much mention of the original X-blade and the whole Keyblade War affair has kind of just been skimmed over, despite the game's original premise.

I'm also personally rather disappointed that X/Ux hasn't developed what Master Xehanort had to say about the war in BBS:
Xehanort's Report IV said:
The Keyblade wielders' great war over Kingdom Hearts was fought by defenders of the light, servants of darkness, those who sought to reconcile the two, and those motivated by nothing more than lust for power. A whole spectrum of thought was swept into the conflict, and the worlds that did not go to war found the war brought to them.
About Xehanort's last sentence there, I feel like there's a lot of missed potential with the story--if the story had gone into depth with the Keyblade War, the worlds could have been used as stages/backdrops for each campaign in the war instead of simply having their original movie plots rehashed.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Which reminds me, after all this time there still hasn't really been much mention of the original X-blade and the whole Keyblade War affair has kind of just been skimmed over, despite the game's original premise.

I'm also personally rather disappointed that X/Ux hasn't developed what Master Xehanort had to say about the war in BBS:

About Xehanort's last sentence there, I feel like there's a lot of missed potential with the story--if the story had gone into depth with the Keyblade War, the worlds could have been used as stages/backdrops for each campaign in the war instead of simply having their original movie plots rehashed.

Well, the X-blade not being mentioned can at least be chalked up that all the keykids, including Ephemer, Skuld and the others, are vastly too low in the food chain/hierarchy to know about such classified information and if Nomura's statements from the Back Cover interviews are correct the Master of Masters is the only one to know about the X-blade, so even Luxu and the Foretellers were left in the dark.

As for Master Xehanort's ramblings about it I am not too bothered by that as it is after all a Legend and it feels good that the old coot isn't always right about every single theory and hypothesis he brings out.

Having everything happen exactly as Xehanort says would make him look even more like a villain sue.

I agree on the issue with the missed story potential and the worlds though.
Having different campaigns with several battles and a whole bunch of different theatres of war with Keykids being organized in Divisions participating in those would have made the whole thing into an actual war and not just one glorified battle.

Have the player avatar get between the fronts, every battle in every campaign sees more of the other keykids perishing, with the Dandelion leaders watching from the sidelines (because they're told not to participate in the carnage) and providing a more tangible reason as to why they decide to erase/bury the memories of the war.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, my biggest complaint is lack of story missions honestly. I mainly play this for story, and I feel like I've been caught up to mission 760 FOREVER now. Every week I'm like "okay, surely there will be more story this week." But no. I was always under the assumption ths story for thus game was supposed to be finished in time for KH3 to act as a tie in, but at the rate it's going that seem more than unlikely.

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards
I'm trying to imagine how they can possible continue this game beyond KHIII as they said they were. Right now, it's barely gasping for life, clinging only to the ill conceived and implemented PvP. That's it.

Unless they make real and meaningful corrections to PvP, the game is limping and not looking too healthy. Many in the community are echoing the same thing, even sponsored Khux YouTubers!

And yeah, it is a mobile game, but that shouldn't be a reason to expect less instead of more. And no, I won't be quitting, just not putting money into SENA's pockets anymore, and not playing into the spending for medals for the sake of PvP.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I was a defender months ago because Agrabah and Enchanted Dominion still had to be finished off so I could let that slide... until they took advantage of this fact. Even you have to admit that these Disney worlds that didn't get resolutions had to be resolved sooner than later.

Th breaking point for me is that Agrabah went on for way too long, likewise with Enchanted Dominion. The tease of the new Disney world and absolutely nothing to show for it even after the Union Cross fan event.

I understand that you have to market and distribute content accordingly and that you cannot put all of your eggs in one basket, but Square Enix is really stretching fans patience thin with the unwarranted lengths of Agrabah and Enchanted Dominion. Basically, the Disney worlds that didn't finish their plots after the Union Cross title card were overstaying their welcome.

But what makes this painful is that I love the original story of this Kingdom Hearts game at this point in time. Ephemer and Skuld have a more central role, Ventus originated in the Fairy Tale era, there's a weird dude with a fedora that's acting suspicious and a guy who looks like Marluxia that's dabbling around. That's way more enticing than whatever 358/2 Days and Re:Coded provided us.

Truth be told, I would have been more content if this game had no original lore at all. That way, I could at least drop this like a hot potato.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I mean, even though it's a different concept, FINAL FANTASY XV Pocket Edition is a pretty good game. Square can manage to make good mobile games, it's just that KHUx is more meant to be a quick cash grab, like all pay2play app games. Am I disappointed? Sure am. Was this predictable? Like the meme said: disappointed, but not surprised. Also, Nomura is too busy with KH3 and FF7R. The fact that they're already reaching the physical size limit of the BluRay disc with KH3 makes me think he wants to do the same with FF7R, which means he's still gonna be busy, meaning that KHUx might not be a priority until a bit much later.

Sorakh212

Awards
My advice to you OP would be to take a break from it for a while, a hiatus of sorts if you will,especially I feel our elite of longer having fun and are losing any or all interest in it. I'm torn on it myself because it feels so hollow and shallow these days and like they're basically still keeping the game alive because of how much money it makes them. That's the nature of mobile/freemium games I'm afraid, but what sucks with this one is that not only is the IP very near and dear to me but it also had a lot of potential to be something great, unique, and really amazing even by mobile/freemium standards. If you're just playing for the story thou I'd just watch it online though. It's rather tedious and a real grind even when you first start. Here's hoping they can sort of revamp or bring some life back into this game soon. Idk what the numbers or stats are in terms of how many players still are active or to what extent, but I have a hunch or good feeling many out there are either starting to or already do feel similar to you or express similar sentiments :/

Veevee

Awards
The problem I see with the way Ux is right now is that it basically has nice ideas but they are usually executed terribly.
For example, I think it's a cool thought to make old medals usable again, so all those outdated medals get to shine again, but it's terrible that you only get fairies to do this by PvP which is the worst design decision I have seen to this day in the game. The idea to swap places is terrible and pretty unfair, you hardly get any rewards so you can't advance - you lose, get nothing, fall behind, lose again, fall further behind. It would be much fairer if you would have a chance at tickets if you are not a super whale or super lucky. The new Kairi is another bad idea since she has no mercy and makes all debuff strategies in PvP totally useless by Overwrite and that the damage of the new Prime Tier 4 medals outclasses Tier 8 medals BY FAR, is just ridiculous and shows the lack of stability in damage calculation. That Sena decides to give raid bosses 30k health bars now is just adding to the fact that everything is kinda over the top now.
The game has many promising ideas and I wish they would get back to what's actually fun about Kingdom Hearts: Heartwarming dialogue, lively, interactive Disney worlds and an interesting story instead of accusing each other, chasing cats for 15 quests and rehash old movie plots.

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards
The problem I see with the way Ux is right now is that it basically has nice ideas but they are usually executed terribly.
For example, I think it's a cool thought to make old medals usable again, so all those outdated medals get to shine again, but it's terrible that you only get fairies to do this by PvP which is the worst design decision I have seen to this day in the game. The idea to swap places is terrible and pretty unfair, you hardly get any rewards so you can't advance - you lose, get nothing, fall behind, lose again, fall further behind. It would be much fairer if you would have a chance at tickets if you are not a super whale or super lucky. The new Kairi is another bad idea since she has no mercy and makes all debuff strategies in PvP totally useless by Overwrite and that the damage of the new Prime Tier 4 medals outclasses Tier 8 medals BY FAR, is just ridiculous and shows the lack of stability in damage calculation. That Sena decides to give raid bosses 30k health bars now is just adding to the fact that everything is kinda over the top now.
The game has many promising ideas and I wish they would get back to what's actually fun about Kingdom Hearts: Heartwarming dialogue, lively, interactive Disney worlds and an interesting story instead of accusing each other, chasing cats for 15 quests and rehash old movie plots.

Bravo. You nailed it in a nutshell. The game has lost all its charm and...sense. I blame greed. Greed clouds the senses. The game was fun for a time. I enjoyed it. Story quests every two weeks or so, and normally 25 at a time, if I remember correctly. It felt like Kingdom Hearts. I don't feel that way anymore.

Again, for me, unless big changes are implemented, I can't see playing this game further past KHIII. It's broken beyond what SENA has the interest in fixing. I always thought mobile game or not, a game can thrive by appealing to both F2P and whale, but SENA has made this game geared to the whales and only the whales. I wish them luck in sustaining the game with whales, and wish all best to those whales. Have fun. I'll continue to log in daily, grab my jewels, play when story quests arrive, and dabble here and there. I feel bad for those spending thousands and thousands playing this game.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Remember D23 Japan when they said the story would start advancing rapidly? Lmao.

If Wreck It Ralph is the new world, I’m guessing they either want to release it when the sequel is near release or they’ll save it for after KH3 comes out to keep people from dropping the app in favor of KH3. Everything else is probably being released to one of those timelines.

Seadrin

Awards
I imagine they will be doing some revamping, re-hyping, re-advertizing and adding new story content closer to Wreck it Ralph: Ralph Breaks the Internet, which is releasing November 21st 2018. (Assuming based on the evidence we have that Wreck it Ralph will indeed become the new world to discover inside KHX).

That being said, I would be very surprised to find Square Enix deciding not to continue to add relevant story content in the very near future. As others have mention, going 9 months with no substantial content moving these interesting characters forward. (I think its really intriguing how Ven, Marluxia, and somehow Brain, even Ephemera and Skuld seem to be tied to our heroes in the present.) Of course, I will be excited as ever once this story continues to progress, I'm sure they are waiting for the opportune moment leading up to Kingdom Hearts 3 to tie in with all of the marketing scheduled, but it does seem like 9 months is stretching it for those daily tuning in and anticipating an update.

Either way, can't wait to see what's in store!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back