• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

This game is shit

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraHasAutism

I mean you can't call bullshit on something I, and even GAME STREAMERS have experienced. You just can't. I never said I'm right because I'm right

good for you so has evey kh player and speedrunner it just not just you who also has these problems as wells

I agree. But obviously some people deny them

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
If you don't like the game, why do you bother playing it?

SoraHasAutism

If you don't like the game, why do you bother playing it?
because I've always been a huge KH fan. I was extremely disappointed in this game, but I wanted to see it's story. Plus, everyone said it was almost as good as KH 2. I was baffled

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Hey, hey, calm down. It's fine that you have your own opinion, but you need to accept that other people also have their own opinions and may not agree with you.
That said, if this continues and no fruitful discussion comes out of this thread, I or another mod will have to close it.

edit: V

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
After some complaints, I closed this thread for a little bit so everyone can calm down. While I'm not particularly fond of the username nor language used, SoraHasAutism has rightfully expressed his opinions on the game, opinions that I have seen elsewhere so they're not exactly as new as some of y'all members like to think.

On that note, I'm deeply ashamed of the older members who came in just to post a quick one-liner or tried to instigate an argument. These forums are for discussion, a back and forth between the community. Provide reasons for why you agree or disagree and be civil and respectful.

Edit: re-opened. Behave.

Last edited:

Sally-boiii

Awards
Idk if it's because this was the first KH game I played or something else but I liked it honestly.

Now comparatively of course KH2 is going to be the better game, but it's a tad weird/odd to be like "oh well this game isn't good" or "this game is shit" because it doesn't have the same mechanics or gameplay as KH1 or KH2. They're different games. Plain and simple. Try to look at it in terms that are relevant or otherwise pertinent to the game itself instead of trying to rip on it (seemingly) because you want to rip on it.

Ie for things it did well: Commands were cool
finishing commands and their evolution was as well.
Story....? Not bad I suppose...

Things not so well:
idk at the moment honestly XD

Jaeger

Commands do work on bosses, and Sorry but you can't just mash X in this game like most other kingdom hearts titles. I dislike BBS too, but it is not by any means a shit game. Most of the issues you stated can be solved by just paying attention to the enemy patterns, and yes, they do have patterns, and just leveling up commands with very useful abilities.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
the game isn't shit at all, it's just not really impressive in any way. Honestly, no KH has been shit, it's just that the main titles set a very high bar and it's disappointing to see them fail to meet it.

You gotta learn to have little victories in these games. DDD has fun flowmotion and air combos are pretty nice. It doesn't save the game but it makes it a little more enjoyable. KH3 will be the same way (but with way more cool stuff, honestly the game looks dope even though it won't be as good as KH2's system)

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
BbS is objectively a flawed game with a poorly designed gameplay in which a character, a really floaty character with opposite of fluid movements, has to completely stop the action he's been doing before you can give it another imput; with bosses with random blocks/counters/attacks/desperation moves that abuses things such as invicibility frames to give you the good old fake difficulty feeling.

You have to use a certain tactic against some secret bosses, and you 100% cannot just attack them in another way because that will just not work. And a game that forces you to do only a determined set of actions when you theorically have more is at fault.
Oh, and... they clearly forgot Terra was a character while designing most secret bosses. Up until now, most Terra tacticts still include "and you have to be lucky" at the end of the strategy.
Some people find this a fun game where you have to "guess" what kind of command will make you instawin the fight, and more power to them, but this still penalyzes those who wanted to win using their favourite skill, which KH II allowed to do.

Commands are cool, they would've been much better if most were useful and balanced, but the game frontloads you with a lot of stuff that is either useless or not as effective as purported to be most of the times.

Story has its flaws, but it's a gigantic topic on its own where personal tastes are even more relevant. I'll just quote things like the unnecessary Donald and Goofy cameo that confuses fans up to this day and Kairi's "ceremony" to show it can be silly.

All of this is not to say BbS is straight up shit, or that one should not like it (it's still my 2nd fave KH title), but then again is not just "different". It's plenty flawed.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I have a really hard time enjoying this game. I hope KH3 takes almost nothing from the gameplay here, except maybe shotlocks. Even the characters are boring. The only one in the cast that's likable is Aqua. At least Terra is good eye candy though.

I've said before, but the thing I dislike most about BbS is the lost potential. I was excited for a KH prequel and we got...this.

SoraHasAutism

Commands do work on bosses, and Sorry but you can't just mash X in this game like most other kingdom hearts titles. I dislike BBS too, but it is not by any means a shit game. Most of the issues you stated can be solved by just paying attention to the enemy patterns, and yes, they do have patterns, and just leveling up commands with very useful abilities.

If you honestly think I would make these complaints after just mindlessly mashing X, then idk what to tell you. The problem is, that mindset completely dismisses all of a game's flaws. I assure you, after beating KH 1 on Proud mode, I don't mindlessly mash X. No one who has trouble with a game is mindlessly mashing X. That's a cheap cop out. Patterns? I can send you gameplay footage. They have "attacks"; sometimes they even prime their attacks. But spamming attacks does not constitute a pattern. Raising your key blade before you rush me 20 times is not a pattern.

BbS is objectively a flawed game with a poorly designed gameplay in which a character, a really floaty character with opposite of fluid movements, has to completely stop the action he's been doing before you can give it another imput; with bosses with random blocks/counters/attacks/desperation moves that abuses things such as invicibility frames to give you the good old fake difficulty feeling.

You have to use a certain tactic against some secret bosses, and you 100% cannot just attack them in another way because that will just not work. And a game that forces you to do only a determined set of actions when you theorically have more is at fault.
Oh, and... they clearly forgot Terra was a character while designing most secret bosses. Up until now, most Terra tacticts still include "and you have to be lucky" at the end of the strategy.
Some people find this a fun game where you have to "guess" what kind of command will make you instawin the fight, and more power to them, but this still penalyzes those who wanted to win using their favourite skill, which KH II allowed to do.

Commands are cool, they would've been much better if most were useful and balanced, but the game frontloads you with a lot of stuff that is either useless or not as effective as purported to be most of the times.

Story has its flaws, but it's a gigantic topic on its own where personal tastes are even more relevant. I'll just quote things like the unnecessary Donald and Goofy cameo that confuses fans up to this day and Kairi's "ceremony" to show it can be silly.

All of this is not to say BbS is straight up shit, or that one should not like it (it's still my 2nd fave KH title), but then again is not just "different". It's plenty flawed.

The reason my post is so angry is because this game frustrated the Hell out of me. Some of it is slightly exaggerated, but I promise it's all there in some fashion. I honestly don't think a game has ever frustrated me this much. It's like they designed it to be frustrating. As Muko even said, those final bosses basically force you to square mash. When you try to hit them, you're lucky to strike twice without getting KO'd (on standard). After dodging around for fifteen minutes, on the edge of your seat, and one projectile combo kills you out of nowhere. Stuff like that is what made this miserable for me. I thought it was straight up shit. Most fans did not.

I have a really hard time enjoying this game. I hope KH3 takes almost nothing from the gameplay here, except maybe shotlocks. Even the characters are boring. The only one in the cast that's likable is Aqua. At least Terra is good eye candy though.

I've said before, but the thing I dislike most about BbS is the lost potential. I was excited for a KH prequel and we got...this.

It certainly did have potential. When I first picked up this game, I loved it. I literally argued for the combat system (people were warning me about it). You don't start to see a lot of this until endgame. I even watched streamers tear it apart for the same reasons.

Idk if it's because this was the first KH game I played or something else but I liked it honestly.

Now comparatively of course KH2 is going to be the better game, but it's a tad weird/odd to be like "oh well this game isn't good" or "this game is shit" because it doesn't have the same mechanics or gameplay as KH1 or KH2. They're different games. Plain and simple. Try to look at it in terms that are relevant or otherwise pertinent to the game itself instead of trying to rip on it (seemingly) because you want to rip on it.

Ie for things it did well: Commands were cool
finishing commands and their evolution was as well.
Story....? Not bad I suppose...

Things not so well:
idk at the moment honestly XD

I assure you I'm not ripping on it just to rip on it. I fu.cking hated this game and its mechanics. I thought they were trash. It has nothing to do with being "different". They were just bad. I notice a lot of these "you hated it because of a personal issue" types of comments. Do people here know how to take criticism?

the game isn't shit at all, it's just not really impressive in any way. Honestly, no KH has been shit, it's just that the main titles set a very high bar and it's disappointing to see them fail to meet it.

You gotta learn to have little victories in these games. DDD has fun flowmotion and air combos are pretty nice. It doesn't save the game but it makes it a little more enjoyable. KH3 will be the same way (but with way more cool stuff, honestly the game looks dope even though it won't be as good as KH2's system)

People keep saying "this game isn't shit". Imho, it is. Sorry if my thirty reasons aren't enough. That being said, I hope KH 3 is as good as KH 2's. I won't speak that out of existence lol.

Even the forum's moderator said these were all complaints that he's seen before.

Last edited:

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I agree, it's a great game. it truly is the shit.

D

Deleted member 235902

I think BBS is aight. It's a fun game. Not as good as a couple other KH games, but still a good game in my opinion.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I remember playing this on the original PSP. It was good enough to hold my attention, but when it came time to replay it in 1.5+2.5, I kinda just...didn't want to. After playing 1, re:chain, and 2, loading in to the different styled game with different controls just didn't appeal to me, nor did I have any part of the game I wanted to replay. Re:chain had the unique card system I wanted to replay after years, 2 had me yearning to revisit the different Twilight Town as well as the Drive forums, even 1 had the different skills I wanted to relearn since I haven't played these games since the original PS2 releases.

BBS had...nothing going for me. It wasn't as memorable and I didn't feel the drive to replay it the same way I did the others. Maybe I was just burned out on KH at the time, but even now I don't really want to boot it up. I don't know if I'd go as far as to say it's garbage, but it would be fair to say it was 'just okay,' or 'good enough' since I'm not clouded by nostalgia for it like I am with the other games. That being said, the only reason I don't have nostalgia for the game is because it didn't have any incredibly memorable events like 1 and 2 did. I vaguely remember Olympus Coliseum having some kind of text based RPG element to it, and I also remember tagging along with Stitch in outer space but neither of those really draw me back into the game the same way fighting Captain Hook while flying in KH1, abusing sleights in Re:Chain, or finally activating Final Form in KH2 did. I also completely forgot Shotlock was a mechanic which is...not good, to say the least. Eventually I'll give BBS a fair shake out of respect but those are my feelings as someone who's coming back into the series after being absent from it for more than a few years now.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I vaguely remember Olympus Coliseum having some kind of text based RPG element to it,
I believe you're thinking of Coded.

I have a similar feeling towards BbS. I very rarely have an urge to re-play Days, BbS, or even Coded (which I liked better than those two). There's not much draw to BbS, and the three-character format means the game takes forever to be "complete." Sometimes I just load one of my old playthroughs and play Command Board for a while, or watch a few scenes in Theater, but that's about it.

Pokie

Your opinions and everything, but it was so hard to read everything. -.-

sephydark

Awards
I have a similar feeling towards BbS. I very rarely have an urge to re-play Days, BbS, or even Coded (which I liked better than those two). There's not much draw to BbS, and the three-character format means the game takes forever to be "complete." Sometimes I just load one of my old playthroughs and play Command Board for a while, or watch a few scenes in Theater, but that's about it.

It felt like a slog for me to even complete my last character. I think the repetitiveness and the fact that you have to "beat" it three different times makes it feel even longer than it really is, and if I ever were to have the urge to play again, I probably would only go through one of the characters' stories. Not that I ever have; I've also only gone back to look at theater mode (I didn't like Command Board).

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
To each their own yo. I hate BBS gameplay but that doesnt mean it has to be shit for the whole world, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back