• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

This is the best game ever so far. Why?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kaseykockroach

Awards
Because Phil doesn’t get a single line in Olympus.

THANK YOU, NOMURA.

Junior heroes my arse..

The only thing missing was Donald giving him a kick in the face.

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Sounds like you have strong PHILings about this. You know you miss his backseat hero-ing.

But really, Nomura was all, "Get on Pegasus's back.. and don't say anything."

kaseykockroach

Awards
For the sake of avoiding other threads with other people giving their thoughts (avoiding spoilers and all)...
Currently at Toy Box.
This game is everything I desired it to be.
To jot down a few random thoughts...
SO many NPC's! The worlds feel 'alive', finally! Loved listening to all the citizens in Twilight Town.
So many points where I enter an area and just want to take in the gorgeous view.
The writing's surprisingly on point so far. Every time I've laughed has been intentional! So much livelier and more confident than KH2's stiff hokey "crappy saturday morning cartoon" fare.
No prologue? Just get right down to business in Olympus after the classic dream sequence? SWEET MOTHER MERCY.
So so so so so HAPPY to be hanging with Donald and Goofy again, and the AI is the best it's ever been. It was a bizarre mental adjustment at first, what with little things like idle animation, or Goofy reacting to my camera, etc.
Standard mode surprisingly isn't THAT easy, certainly nowhere near as pitiful as KH2's. The giant mech-things in Toy Box were splendidly brutal.

WastedPenguin

Awards
Just finished Monsters Inc. and storywise my favorite world so far is kingdom of corona. I liked the movie and oh boy...the facial animation and all that is absolutely amazing in this game. It has never looked so good. The gameplay so far is much better than I expected it to be and it feels a bit like playing kh2 at times also he banter in this game has never been so good. I already had quiet a lot of laughs.
Heading to 100 Acre Wood next! Really looking forward to San Fransokyo.

Last edited:
Awards
Olympus was pretty godly. Great maps, great music, great dialogue, great boss fight with the titans.
My main disappointment was that the other gods hardly got any screentime.
When Sora swoops down on Pegasus and frees Apollo and Athena, you can briefly see Hermes in the corner, but no Hera.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Donald's snarking at Sora is utterly merciless in this and it's pure joy. You really get the sense he's missed hanging with this kid! :p
"How about a bonk on the head?"

disney233

Awards
At Arendelle. Why is no one talking about the BEAUTY of Disney characters ACTUALLY interacting with the Organization? We never had any of that throughout the game. The only instances (BEAUTIFULLY DONE BTW) this was done was in KH2 regarding Xaldin's interaction with Beast, and Luxord interacting and using the Pirate's Code against Jack Sparrow. It gives that beautiful feeling that the Disney characters are actually involving themselves with the plot.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I know! I got good vibes right from the start, with Hercules and Xigbar. And those vibes only have gotten better from there.
So far, my only disappointment is Twilight Town not being bigger. But it's damn gorgeous all the same.
I likely won't spend much time with the Remy sidequest, but I'm happy it's there all the same. And I loved the chinese take-out boxes scattered around Galaxy Toys. I can just imagine that store's lazy employees leaving those around.
Woody verbally pulverizing Xehanort was AMAZING.

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I know! I got good vibes right from the start, with Hercules and Xigbar. And those vibes only have gotten better from there.
So far, my only disappointment is Twilight Town not being bigger. But it's damn gorgeous all the same.
I likely won't spend much time with the Remy sidequest, but I'm happy it's there all the same. And I loved the chinese take-out boxes scattered around Galaxy Toys. I can just imagine that store's lazy employees leaving those around.
Woody verbally pulverizing Xehanort was AMAZING.

Not being able to go to the Tower in Twilight Town is probably my biggest disappointment so far, I am just finishing up Toy Box though so I have a while to go lol. Not that the Disney worlds seem to be disappointing at all to me at least. Well except minor nitpicks. Still kinda wish they had included Bullseye and Jessie at least in Toy Box but I made my peace with that like a year ago when they showed it off.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I actually love this game having fewer-but-bigger worlds. Makes it so this game doesn’t have much fat, mostly protein! Quality over quantity if you will.

kaseykockroach

Awards
In the Tangled world now.
So, wow.
I rolled my eyes with a smirk at the whole "re-create scenes from the movie" at first...but as the chapter went on, I found it actually really works!
It incorporates the Tangled story rather nicely into this game's context, to where as someone who's never seen the movie (I'm sorry, it's just not a priority), I ended up really getting into it! For example, it just makes sense that Flynn would just mooch off three dudes that saved him from monsters and proclaim them sidekicks, and Sora would just go along with it since he's way too nice a guy.

I admittedly started on Standard mode as I felt more comfortable for a game I've never played before (obviously), but I'm pleasantly surprised it's not THAT much of a pushover. Future playthroughs will definitely be on Proud though.

Unlike KH2, I love using all the combat options! I largely ignored most of KH2's with the exception of character limit attacks, but here, I feel more of an incentive to have fun with all of them! I am so so so SO happy that you get a higher jump through simple story progression, not through grinding. As it should be.

Last edited:

kaseykockroach

Awards
Time to confess in great shame that I started the game on Proud mode, died fighting Darkside, so I started over on Standard. I'm a coward.

Back