• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Thread for base reviews

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zaplen14

I wanted to start a thread for those who have a base idea of the game to be able to sorta review it.
Meaning if you like it, give a simple 8/10 or just a brief description such as "I really liked where they went with they story in -blank- areas" or "The game failed me in -blank- areas"
This I feel will be a nice way to increase hype for those who do not want to spoil much, but also hear everyones thought :)

David/Vaddix

I gave it an 8.5/10.

The story is satisfactory, but it did feel like some characters got too little screentime.
The music is perfect!
Gameplay looks incredibly fun.
Set up for future games is the best part!
I not too dissapointed that the FF characters aren't in of due to there being so many original characters.
I am still salty about Twilight Town being cropped, but everything else seems great.

Zaplen14

I gave it an 8.5/10.

The story is satisfactory, but it did feel like some characters got too little screentime.
The music is perfect!
Gameplay looks incredibly fun.
Set up for future games is the best part!
I not too dissapointed that the FF characters aren't in of due to there being so many original characters.
I am still salty about Twilight Town being cropped, but everything else seems great.

This makes me so happy!
Ive heard a lot of bad reviews, but I am just hoping that is because people were expecting certain things to happen that didn't.
I too am sad about the cut in Twilight Town and losing that "Hub world" depth like Radient Garden or Traverse Town. But I am hoping to find some home-like feel in one of the disney worlds.

shuyin_zer0

Awards
Based on beating the Japanese version and story leaks (I skipped most cutscenes and beat it in one 20-hour sitting lol):
8/10
The story serves its purpose, wraps things up as well as they can be, and perfectly teases what’s next in the reports and epilogue.
The music is great; a surprising abundance of rehashes and rearrangements of precious game’s OSTs
The worlds are very much linear af like KH2, but their sizes (of most anyway) more than make up for it
The gameplay is the best since 2FM, and the best from the Osaka team. There will definitely be elitist complaints about floatiness, but it’s nowhere near the degree of the handhelds and is really not that bad.
The post-game is good for a vanilla release, but does leave a lot to be desired if you’re expecting anything like 2FM

Back