• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Thrice Revised AQUAxTERRA Club,"Earth and Water are the perfect pair", Under New Management

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Re: Thrice Revised AQUAxTERRA Club,"Earth and Water are the perfect pair", Under New Management

Honestly, that would make me shit bricks.

It'd make me tempted to throw my 3DS. Which would be a bad thing. >_>;

It'd be a complete betrayal of Terra's character. >=(

LadyScythe

in a chair wrapped in thee most comfy blanket ever
Website
www.youtube.com
Re: Thrice Revised AQUAxTERRA Club,"Earth and Water are the perfect pair", Under New Management

It'd make me tempted to throw my 3DS. Which would be a bad thing. >_>;

It'd be a complete betrayal of Terra's character. >=(

Why do you think it would be a betrayal of Terra's character?

I'll admit that I'm all for Terra being 'the man behind the curtain' when it comes to Xemnas but I'm aware that it would seem like complete 180 of Terra's character.

To me it feels like that is the only plot-twist Nomura would have left to pull, considering how much of the JF trailer revealed.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Why do you think it would be a betrayal of Terra's character?

I'll admit that I'm all for Terra being 'the man behind the curtain' when it comes to Xemnas but I'm aware that it would seem like complete 180 of Terra's character.

To me it feels like that is the only plot-twist Nomura would have left to pull, considering how much of the JF trailer revealed.

Because Terra wasn't the sort of person who would ever even entertain the idea of doing some of the things Xemnas did.

I'd be perfectly happy with him influencing Xemnas -- being the reason Xemnas never used a Keyblade, being the reason Xemnas sat around in the Chamber of Repose most of the time, being the reason Xemnas was looking for the Chamber of Waking etc. But the point of Terra's character in Birth by Sleep is that he's this sweet and naive guy who's broken and used because of his inability to live up to his Master's unfair black-and-white expectations. Terra's decidedly not Riku, who grudgingly does questionable things for the sake of his friends; he beats himself up over every perceived failure on his part to reach the highest moral standards, even when he didn't really have much of a choice in the matter. Terra, by the end of the game, wanted to die so Xehanort couldn't use him anymore.

Xemnas, on the other hand, has none of these traits. He's cold, ruthless, and only interested in gaining Kingdom Hearts, just like Xehanort. He shows no affection for anyone, including Roxas. He orders a fight to the death between Roxas and Xion (who may or may not have appeared like Ven to him at some points) just because. He wants to use Kingdom Hearts to create a new world, which was Xehanort's real goal to begin with.

If Xemnas isn't controlled by Xehanort, he did exactly what Xehanort would have done. And, even if we're assuming a vengeful, morally-broken Terra, that would be the last thing he would ever want.

LadyScythe

Website
www.youtube.com

Because Terra wasn't the sort of person who would ever even entertain the idea of doing some of the things Xemnas did.

I'd be perfectly happy with him influencing Xemnas -- being the reason Xemnas never used a Keyblade, being the reason Xemnas sat around in the Chamber of Repose most of the time, being the reason Xemnas was looking for the Chamber of Waking etc. But the point of Terra's character in Birth by Sleep is that he's this sweet and naive guy who's broken and used because of his inability to live up to his Master's unfair black-and-white expectations. Terra's decidedly not Riku, who grudgingly does questionable things for the sake of his friends; he beats himself up over every perceived failure on his part to reach the highest moral standards, even when he didn't really have much of a choice in the matter. Terra, by the end of the game, wanted to die so Xehanort couldn't use him anymore.

Xemnas, on the other hand, has none of these traits. He's cold, ruthless, and only interested in gaining Kingdom Hearts, just like Xehanort. He shows no affection for anyone, including Roxas. He orders a fight to the death between Roxas and Xion (who may or may not have appeared like Ven to him at some points) just because. He wants to use Kingdom Hearts to create a new world, which was Xehanort's real goal to begin with.

If Xemnas isn't controlled by Xehanort, he did exactly what Xehanort would have done. And, even if we're assuming a vengeful, morally-broken Terra, that would be the last thing he would ever want.

I agree, that to some extent it does seem to be out of character for Terra to become someone like Xemnas.

But for me personally, I can see why and how Terra would become currupt over that nine year span. maybe 3D could go into some detail about that.

and in other news here is some fan-art

Nothing Can Seperate Us by ~AshesNewMoon on deviantART
I'm Not Afraid of the Darkness by ~AshesNewMoon on deviantART
2. Love by ~ktcee on deviantART

Ikkin

Bronze Member

I agree, that to some extent it does seem to be out of character for Terra to become someone like Xemnas.

But for me personally, I can see why and how Terra would become currupt over that nine year span. maybe 3D could go into some detail about that.

Well, I'm not going to say that a change of that sort couldn't be done without seeming forced... but I still think it's kind of missing the point of Terra's character. It'd be like making Riku evil again -- sure, they could do it, but it'd be abandoning everything they'd done with the character so far.

LadyScythe

Website
www.youtube.com

Well, I'm not going to say that a change of that sort couldn't be done without seeming forced... but I still think it's kind of missing the point of Terra's character. It'd be like making Riku evil again -- sure, they could do it, but it'd be abandoning everything they'd done with the character so far.

It doesnt seem so forced to me but I do get what your saying, I mean this change in Terra's and Xemnas's characters can feel a bit forced since the lack of focus on Xemnas in KH2 and Days.

Okay, based on the prevoius question,

How do you guys would think of Aqua interacting with Xemnas? How do you think she'll deal with him, if Aqua ever found out about Terra's fate.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

I like this one. how do people be getting the game models...

You can download them from DeviantArt, I think. There are clubs dedicated to that kind of thing.

Then, you just get a program that can view/pose them, like XNA Lara, and have fun with it. I've got Terra, Aqua, Riku, and a bunch of FF characters. =3

LadyScythe

Website
www.youtube.com
Last edited:

Shinra

Banned
Awards

I could imagine Terra getting his cooking skills on makinga heart or paopu-shaped cookie with a fudge center and then Aqua maybe crafted a heart made of water with a spell that holds the water in place lol

LadyScythe

Website
www.youtube.com

I could imagine Terra getting his cooking skills on makinga heart or paopu-shaped cookie with a fudge center and then Aqua maybe crafted a heart made of water with a spell that holds the water in place lol

That sounds good, Yeah i can see the both of them being the type to make gifts.

BlackFrozenRose

Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone

Fan-Art:
Wolfed Out by *TerranianTranceGod on deviantART
Aqua and Terra by =snow-white-wolf16 on deviantART
Rainy day by ~CodeNameBlueLover on deviantART

and to get some activity here going and in keeping some spririt with the holiday,

What kind of gifts would Terra and Aqua give eachother?

OOH! those are nice fan-arts, I especially like the 'wolfed out' peice

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

On LS's request, I'll bump this FC.

How's everyone feeling about Dream Drop Distance? It looks good so far (though I've only seen a bit of gameplay and the intro haha).

LadyScythe

Website
www.youtube.com

On LS's request, I'll bump this FC.

How's everyone feeling about Dream Drop Distance? It looks good so far (though I've only seen a bit of gameplay and the intro haha).

Thanks!

I feel good about the game and it is looking good. I thought the intro was awesome I adored the group shot at the end.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com

I have spoiled myself already with the endings and right now my brain is going, "HOLYSHITWTF". I still have no idea though about the rest of the game's plot. xD

I'll just say for now that it gives me even more good fan fic ideas for Aqua/Terra. Although I seem to find more for Aqua/Xehanort, but that could be because we get to see more of Xehanort's younger incarnations in this game.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

I have spoiled myself already with the endings and right now my brain is going, "HOLYSHITWTF". I still have no idea though about the rest of the game's plot. xD

I'll just say for now that it gives me even more good fan fic ideas for Aqua/Terra. Although I seem to find more for Aqua/Xehanort, but that could be because we get to see more of Xehanort's younger incarnations in this game.

Is there anything directly related to Aqua/Terra (or, erm, Aqua/Xehanort =/ ) in the game itself? Trying not to spoil myself too much, but a generic "yes" or "no" would be nice to know. =3

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com

Is there anything directly related to Aqua/Terra (or, erm, Aqua/Xehanort =/ ) in the game itself? Trying not to spoil myself too much, but a generic "yes" or "no" would be nice to know. =3

Well from what I've seen so far, not much. More like they just appear side by side of each other for a few seconds. But then IDEK, there could be more. I haven't watched through the entire play-through of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back