• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tim Burton's Underland should have been in Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rii

Awards
The title truly says it all. I'm watching the movie this afternoon and I am awestruck at how perfect it would have been for the storyline the Nomura weaved for this finale of the Xehanort Saga.

I'll start off by explaining how this world can co-exist with KH1's Wonderland. To put it simply, they don't co-exist. These worlds are one and the same. These movies are both all about fantastical, impossible things happening. So I don't see any reason why, especially Wonderland of all worlds, can't evolve through time. Second, yes there was a huge time jump between the original animated film and Tim Burton's "sequel," but it has already been established that time flows differently across the worlds.

Next, the story. Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland is all about a fated battle to take place between specific people (Alice and the Jabberwocky) and that's literally the most straightforward comparison to the 7 vs. 13 Clash to take place at the end of the game. Sora, Donald, and Goofy are sent by Yen Sid to watch and see how this fated battle plays out and if they can learn anything that might help them in the battle against Xehanort. They land in Underland just as Alice emerges in the wood and the group is arguing about weather or not she is the "right" Alice. They follow, more or less, the events of the movie, following Alice as she moves toward her battle with the Jabberwocky. The Queen of Hearts could love Sora for his big hair or his big feet, and it would be comedic. When the Dormouse accidentally tells everyone that Alice is Alice, Sora could stay behind with the Hatter and give Alice, Donald, and Goofy a chance to escape to the White Queen, telling Donald and Goofy to protect her. When Chester saves Hatter (and Sora) from beheading, there could have been and battle against the Jub Jub bird.

When we get to the Battle, Sora, Donald, and Goofy could fight the Knave of Hearts with Hatter, while Alice fights the Jabberwocky. After she slays it and the White Queen sentences the Red Queen to banishment with the Knave, her anger could revive the Jabberwocky as a Heartless, that Sora, Donald, and Goofy then join Hatter and Alice to slay. Sora could have learned about believing in 6 Impossible Things and that believing in yourself and your friends is the most important thing in Battle.

Not to mention that the White Queen mirrors the Red Queen's cards with chess pieces, and this whole damn saga has been a chess game. The connections that could have been drawn are endless.

Maleficent and Pete even could have showed up to steal the Oraculum to see if the ancient scroll had any clues to the whereabouts of the Black Box.

I've wanted this movie to be featured in Kingdom Hearts since it first came out, but now watching it after completing Kingdom Hearts 3, I really think it was a huge missed opportunity. What do you think?

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
The title truly says it all. I'm watching the movie this afternoon and I am awestruck at how perfect it would have been for the storyline the Nomura weaved for this finale of the Xehanort Saga.

I'll start off by explaining how this world can co-exist with KH1's Wonderland. To put it simply, they don't co-exist. These worlds are one and the same. These movies are both all about fantastical, impossible things happening. So I don't see any reason why, especially Wonderland of all worlds, can't evolve through time. Second, yes there was a huge time jump between the original animated film and Tim Burton's "sequel," but it has already been established that time flows differently across the worlds.

Next, the story. Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland is all about a fated battle to take place between specific people (Alice and the Jabberwocky) and that's literally the most straightforward comparison to the 7 vs. 13 Clash to take place at the end of the game. Sora, Donald, and Goofy are sent by Yen Sid to watch and see how this fated battle plays out and if they can learn anything that might help them in the battle against Xehanort. They land in Underland just as Alice emerges in the wood and the group is arguing about weather or not she is the "right" Alice. They follow, more or less, the events of the movie, following Alice as she moves toward her battle with the Jabberwocky. The Queen of Hearts could love Sora for his big hair or his big feet, and it would be comedic. When the Dormouse accidentally tells everyone that Alice is Alice, Sora could stay behind with the Hatter and give Alice, Donald, and Goofy a chance to escape to the White Queen, telling Donald and Goofy to protect her. When Chester saves Hatter (and Sora) from beheading, there could have been and battle against the Jub Jub bird.

When we get to the Battle, Sora, Donald, and Goofy could fight the Knave of Hearts with Hatter, while Alice fights the Jabberwocky. After she slays it and the White Queen sentences the Red Queen to banishment with the Knave, her anger could revive the Jabberwocky as a Heartless, that Sora, Donald, and Goofy then join Hatter and Alice to slay. Sora could have learned about believing in 6 Impossible Things and that believing in yourself and your friends is the most important thing in Battle.

Not to mention that the White Queen mirrors the Red Queen's cards with chess pieces, and this whole damn saga has been a chess game. The connections that could have been drawn are endless.

Maleficent and Pete even could have showed up to steal the Oraculum to see if the ancient scroll had any clues to the whereabouts of the Black Box.

I've wanted this movie to be featured in Kingdom Hearts since it first came out, but now watching it after completing Kingdom Hearts 3, I really think it was a huge missed opportunity. What do you think?

Same, and it could give us a grown up Alice from her previous iteration, we could just refer to the Helena Bonham Carter Queen as just the Red Queen to differentiate her from the one we saw in the previous world (considering that Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through The Looking Glass used different motifs in the book cards and chess) and they could still have Alice as one of the pure hearts without her power having transferred to a subplot that now holds no more relevance.

disney233

Awards
There were many worlds that should've been in KH3. Princess and the Frog, Atlantis, Wreck-it-Ralph, any other thing that everyone wanted. In the end none of them did. Nothing left to tell about it. Many missed opportunities and many plots that could've would've or should've been. They all didn't have that chance. At this point, topics like these are just getting redundant. It's over and the wait for KH4 comes in assuming the community hasn't already died out after KH3.

Awards
But if they did that, what would be the odds of Maleficent being replaced by Angelina Jolie's version of the character? Changing her from a shameless villain to a misunderstood anti-hero would be a more jarring turn than Xehanort's "straightforward villain to anti-villain" switch, because at the very least, Xehanort is still the villain.

disney233

Awards
But if they did that, what would be the odds of Maleficent being replaced by Angelina Jolie's version of the character? Changing her from a shameless villain to a misunderstood anti-hero would be a more jarring turn than Xehanort's "straightforward villain to anti-villain" switch, because at the very least, Xehanort is still the villain.

I would damn well FINALLY dislike Maleficent's inclusion of this game if she changed to that version. Maleficent's the mistress of all Evil, the very same person who cursed a baby because she wasn't invited to a party. I vaguely remember the movie Maleficent...but no. That would completely break the character she is. At least in the KH series this Maleficent is still....y'know malevolent, and that's what I like about her. Despite all of you hating her because she's become nothing more than an annoyance (But the hell can you do when you got someone more powerful than her?)

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I wouldn't enjoy this as well, luckily I feel like if they ever DID do the live action versions of certain films they would go for an alternate reality route instead of just "Maleficent is now Angelina Jolie" lol.

Back