• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

To those with JP Birth by Sleep versions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider
I downloaded the game today, and the english patch doesn't have all the cutscenes translated. I can't find any other complete english patches, but I wanted to know if any one where had an english pack that translated all subtitles and post menu words into english.

So, is there anyone?

ZiggyK

I downloaded the game today, and the english patch doesn't have all the cutscenes translated. I can't find any other complete english patches, but I wanted to know if any one where had an english pack that translated all subtitles and post menu words into english.

So, is there anyone?

I've been following this topic seeing as Emulation is one of my interests. If, of course, it is legal :S I've been thinking of importing it but ill just wait for the english version.

The furthest patch produced at the moment is one that covers the entire start plus all of Aqua's story (no Ventus or Terra).

I won't be giving you the link, because...

I downloaded the game today

Also there are NO PSP emulators that run BBS... and it only runs on certain firmware with certain PSP versions (which in the way you plan to use is illegal, so I wont be telling you the versions that work because.. well see the quote above).

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
αsiя;5122654 said:
He can buy the English version when it comes out, as long as you support SE then it's legal.

No it's still illegal. He's stealing a copy of the game. Whether it's English or not doesn't matter, it's still stealing! If he wanted to play the game in Japanese he needs to BUY the game in Japanese not steal the game online and say "I'll wait until it comes in America to buy it!" that's stupid! That's not the way the law works! If it's pirated, it's stolen. No acceptions!

ZiggyK

I'll buy it when it comes out. If I like something I pirated, I will always buy

That's like going into a fruit store, stealing 80 dollars worth of oranges and saying to the store keeper "If I like them, I'll come back and buy more"

αsiя;5122654 said:
He can buy the English version when it comes out, as long as you support SE then it's legal.

No, it's illegal. You MUST own the game. Even if he owned the english version it'd be illegal to have the Japanese game, just like its illegal todownload a ps2 BIOS even if you own a ps2.

αsiя

space coke
So If I buy the english version but I download then it's legal right?

ZiggyK

αsiя;5122901 said:
So If I buy the english version but I download then it's legal right?

I'm not sure. Possibly. You are definitely allowed to rip the ISO and put it on your computer, which I do. I think it may be illegal to download because it has been uploaded illegally, but it certainly isn't illegal to have the ISO on the computer, assuming you have the game. Many people do this for backuping purposes or to run the game on their computers as they may be graphics whores which high end gaming computers.

αsiя

space coke
I'm not sure. Possibly. You are definitely allowed to rip the ISO and put it on your computer, which I do. I think it may be illegal to download because it has been uploaded illegally, but it certainly isn't illegal to have the ISO on the computer, assuming you have the game. Many people do this for backuping purposes or to run the game on their computers as they may be graphics whores which high end gaming computers.

Well considering the fact that I can't play UMD's because my PSP's thing broke. I have to download it.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
αsiя;5122918 said:
Well considering the fact that I can't play UMD's because my PSP's thing broke. I have to download it.

It's still illegal. You can always just get another PSP but no matter what, it's illegal.

Unless you decide to buy the UMD and then download it... I guess... as long as you're paying for the game then it should be fine. Like if you actually went to the store, pay $40 bucks for the game and then download it at home then I think that's fine.

ZiggyK

αsiя;5122918 said:

Or fix it. But as long as you own the game that shouldn't be illegal. On the (very very very) rare chance you get caught, you wont get in trouble if you own the actual game. Just make sure you don't download a trojan or anything.

Also, only the latest psp firmware will run a downloaded BBS version, and there are no emulators out there atm that can run BBS due to piracy protection.

PowerIsNothing

No it's still illegal. He's stealing a copy of the game. Whether it's English or not doesn't matter, it's still stealing! If he wanted to play the game in Japanese he needs to BUY the game in Japanese not steal the game online and say "I'll wait until it comes in America to buy it!" that's stupid! That's not the way the law works! If it's pirated, it's stolen. No acceptions!

I've got to tell you man, its not that big a deal. KH BBS is still 2 months away and he will probably get it. If you don't agree with it fine but don't make it out to be some huge deal. Square workers are not exactly gonna go hungry. I would download the Jap version if I could be bothered getting my PSP hacked.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I've got to tell you man, its not that big a deal. KH BBS is still 2 months away and he will probably get it. If you don't agree with it fine but don't make it out to be some huge deal. Square workers are not exactly gonna go hungry. I would download the Jap version if I could be bothered getting my PSP hacked.

"Don't make such a big deal"? Really? Ha! Next thing you know you're going to say "Hey! If a robber steals a mother's baby and then kills the baby and returns the body back to the mother... don't make such a big deal about it!"

I have no respect for pirating at all. Stealing is stealing, whether it's physically or via computer it's always stealing and stealing has ALWAYS been a law that people go to prison for!

ZiggyK

For every item stolen you need to sell at least 25 more of that item to come close to making up for the revenue lost.

For one person it may not be much, but it builds up. People don't see the long term consequences. Companies are losing money, lots of it. Sure, not enough to make them go bankrupt (yet) but enough to make them reconsider publishing games on a specific platform, or enough to make them end a series. If birth by sleep doesn't sell well due to people pirating it, then Square Enix will go, no, we didn't make a profit, there is no point continuing with a project that will only cause us to lose money.

I couldn't agree with skyfoxx more.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
@skyfoxx
Why are you making such a big deal about this? It's a firetrucking game. You need to calm down. I know a lot of people on here have hacked PSP's. Most people have pirated. A lot of people use Torrents and Frostwire, and all that fancy stuff.

And there are exceptions. If it's not being made anymore for distribution, then it's not illegal to download.

Yes, his downloading of BBS is illegal, but so what? Did you know that the average person breaks the law at least once everyday? If you're going to yell at this guy for something stupid, then you might as well yell at yourself, and everybody else.

ZiggyK said:
For every item stolen you need to sell at least 25 more of that item to come close to making up for the revenue lost.

That's assuming that the person would buy it, if they didn't steal it. Most people pirate content because they wont get it any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back