• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tokyo Game Show 2013 Coverage!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Taking place from September 19th-22nd is this year's Tokyo Game Show, a video game convention taking place annually at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Japan. Focusing on Japanese titles, TGS offers a wonderful opportunity for developers, media and the general public to get a sneak peak at titles ranging from those currently still in development stages to those that have recently been released. 

This year's show offers what may be a real treat, should events occur as they've been teased in the past. We had learned shortly after E3 in June from Series Director Tetsuya Nomura that we could expect more information about the illustrious KINGDOM HEARTS III at the Tokyo Game Show. Not only that, but could the highly anticipated second remaster, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMix also make an appearance as its predecessor did last year? Although neither title has been listed on Square Enix's official TGS lineup, we can't count anything in or out just yet. 

But what about unannounced titles? The secret project related to The World Ends With You that has been teased for the past year certainly comes to mind. 

One thing we know for certain is that the latest addition to the series, the PC browser social game - KINGDOM HEARTS x[chi] - will definitely have some lovely surprises for us. What other games will reer their heads? You'll have to stick around to find out!

Kingdom Hearts Insider will be providing coverage every single day from start to finish, so you can definitely count on us to bring you updates around the clock as soon as it surfaces. You can follow us on here on our website, as well as through Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr.

Without further ado, let's see what's in store for us this year!

Note: Coverage will be arranged via local time (JST). TGS 2013 will be open from 10:00-17:00 every day (19-20 Business | 21-22 Public).

Day 4 - September 22 2013

• 4:41 PM - Kingdom Hearts III wins the Japan Game Award for Future Developments (1stPD_PR)
  • 5:31 PM - Series Producer Shinji Hashimoto accepting the award for Kingdom Hearts III at the Japan Game Awards ceremony (Official KH Twitter)

Day 3 - September 21 2013

• 3:00 PM - Yoko Shimomura confirms she's working on Kingdom Hearts III, and has a new composition for Kingdom Hearts x[chi] (SQEX TV)

Day 2 - September 20 2013

Day 1 - September 19 2013

Gallery

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Was Kingdom Hearts 1.5 announced during a Business or Public day last year?

It was announced on the first day of the event, only 10 minutes after the doors opened.

vitxras

so it begins at 10am in japan so... we can start watching at 6 pm in the U.S.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Super excited! Will all the info be on this particular thread, or a few of them?

All info will be compiled in here, but major updates will also have a separate dedicated article and thread.

Awards
While we wait... Anyone had any weird Kingdom Hearts related dreams lately?
I just had one about a new Kingdom Hearts III trailer surfacing online (on this site, don't worry guys. I saw this dream trailer here first).
It's weird to me that I even had it, as I was playing Grand Theft Auto V all night before clockin' out.

Anywho, the trailer was off-screen and translated unofficially into English with yellow subtitles.
I don't remember it all, but here's what I do remember:

THE FOLLOWING IS A DREAM I HAD, NOT REAL TGS NEWS (For those who skim)

GAMEPLAY:

-Woody and Bullseye summon. (Woody took damage and Bullseye protected him)

-Keyblade Graveyard (dark) fight as Sora, with Ven and Aqua, against Venitas

-Very fast-paced. Similar to Dream Drop Distance

-Hit Venitas of edge of cliff and went into reaction-like sequence (fluently) where you are falling after him and fighting in the air.

SCENE: (unofficial English subs shown in yellow)

-Some chick who is dressed like Aqua appears. She's a bit older and has wavy light brown hair. Her name is strange, starts with either H or A. Ven exclaims her name and says, "So that's Aqua's connection!" *(seemed like iffy English translation).

-Aqua is shown now in different clothes. She appears to be unconscious.

Anyway, that's what I remember. Just for those of you who may take interest in such things. I only say this because I do and if anyone else has/had dreams like this, I'd enjoy hearing them. :p Oh, and it was very graphically beautiful.

(Also, let me know if I shouldn't be posting this in this thread. Thanks)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Yeah! If events play out the same, it'll only be a couple hours from now!!!! XD

All I need is written confirmation of KH2FM and BBSFM being HD playable games and I will proceed to skip merrily around my house just like I did when 3 was announced in June.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
All I need is written confirmation of KH2FM and BBSFM being HD playable games and I will proceed to skip merrily around my house just like I did when 3 was announced in June.
I'd probly stare at my screen, hold up a fist and shake it going "YESYESYESYESYEEEEEESSSS!!!!" through clentched teeth. Then I'd probly try to do the worm or something and hurt myself X'D

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Y'all will go deaf in a couple of hours from my fangirling. :D

If we're assuming that anything even gets announced in a few hours. For all we know, KH 2.5 won't even be announced until some other event. They could even wait until Jump Festa in December or something. But, all signs point to it being announced within the next 24-48 hours.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
If we're assuming that anything even gets announced in a few hours. For all we know, KH 2.5 won't even be announced until some other event. They could even wait until Jump Festa in December or something. But, all signs point to it being announced within the next 24-48 hours.

Well if it isn't, this will likely be the most disappointing TGS ever. I'm already super disappointed about no FFXV and/or KHIII, so 2.5 is just about the only thing that they could announce to make it worthwhile

raycat27_2003

Awards

While that may or may not be true, I'll still be fangirling from the excitement.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Excited for anything Chi related and 2.5 obviously. I have so many games to play and things to do queued back into who knows when, that I feel almost at peace if they decided to hold out on both FFXV and KHIII.

Hades

Awards
An announcement of KH 2.5 and gameplay/information for KH 3 will complete my life. Hopefully, Square does this tomorrow. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back